Hot Deal

Govt limits 50000 withdrawal from yes bank

2143°
Tech Guru
bikidas2060

Unthinkable has happened. Stupid Modi Govt finally restricted depositors of yesbank to withdraw amount upto 50k, without seeking RBI’s approval. That’s why they made an IAS as a governor. Shame.
https://m.economictimes.com/industry/banking/fi...
Edit: update http://egazette.nic.in/WriteReadData/2020/2165....
Edit:
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
(Department of Financial Services)
(BANKING DIVISION)
NOTIFICATION
New Delhi, the 5th March, 2020
S.O. 993(E).—In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section (2) of section 45 of the
Banking Regulation Act, 1949 (10 of 1949), the Central Government, after considering an application
made by the Reserve Bank of India under sub-section (1) of that section, hereby makes an Order of
Moratorium in respect of the Yes Bank Limited, Mumbai, Maharashtra for the period from 18:00 hrs on
March 5, 2020 up to and inclusive of April 3, 2020 and hereby stays the commencement or continuance
of all actions and proceedings against that banking company during the period of moratorium, subject to
the condition that such stay shall not in any manner prejudice the exercise by the Central Government of
its powers under clause (b) of sub-section (4) of section 35 of the said Act or the exercise by the Reserve
Bank of India of its powers under section 38 of the said Act.
2. The Central Government hereby also directs that during the period of moratorium, the Yes Bank
Limited, Mumbai, Maharashtra (the said banking company) shall not, without the permission in writing of
the Reserve Bank of India,—
(a) make, in the aggregate, payment to a depositor of a sum exceeding Rs. 50,000/- (Rupees fifty
thousand only) lying to his credit, in any savings, current or any other deposit account, by
whatever name called:
Provided that if a depositor maintains more than one account in the same capacity and in the
same right, the total amount payable from all the accounts together shall not exceed the limit
indicated above:
Provided further that wherever such depositor is having dues payable to the bank in any manner,
either as a borrower or surety, the amount payable to such depositor shall be made after
adjusting the relevant borrowal accounts;
(b) make, in the aggregate, payment to any creditor exceeding a sum of Rs. 50,000/- (Rupees fifty
thousand only) if not otherwise provided in this order, so however that this shall not affect
making of payment of amounts towards any drafts or pay orders issued by the said banking
company and remaining unpaid on the date on which the order of moratorium comes into force,
or in paying the proceeds of the bills received for collection on or before the 5th March, 2020.
3. Without prejudice to the conditions stipulated in paragraph 2(a) of this Order in relation to
payment to any depositor of the said banking company, the Reserve Bank may by a general or special
order, permit the said banking company to allow payment to its depositors an amount in excess of
Rs. 50,000/- (Rupees fifty thousand only) to meet unforeseen expenses, as under:
(i) in connection with the medical treatment of the depositor or any person actually dependent on
him;
(ii) towards the cost of higher education of the depositor or any person actually dependent on him
for education in India or outside India;
(iii) to pay obligatory expenses in connection with marriage or other ceremonies of the depositor or
his children or of any other person actually dependent upon him;
(iv) in connection with any other unavoidable emergency:
Provided that the amount so allowed to be paid out of the balance lying to the credit of the depositor—
(a) shall be reckoned towards the payment due to him under any scheme of reconstruction or
amalgamation as may be sanctioned by any competent authority in relation to the said
banking company and subject to such conditions as may be provided under such scheme
about appropriation of any payment made to a depositor of the said banking company before
or on the coming into force of the scheme; and
(b) shall not exceed the sum of Rs. 5,00,000/- (Rupees five lakh only) or the actual balance
lying to the credit of the account of such depositor, whichever is less.
4. The Central Government hereby also directs that the banking company may, during the period of
the moratorium imposed on it, make the following further payments, namely, the amounts for repaying
loans or advances granted against Government securities or other securities, to the banking company by
the Reserve Bank of India or the State Bank of India or by any other bank and remaining unpaid on the
date on which this Order comes into force.
5. The Central Government hereby further directs that during the period of moratorium, the Yes Bank
Limited shall be permitted to operate its accounts with the Reserve Bank of India or with any other bank
for the purpose of making the payments aforesaid, provided that nothing in this Order shall be deemed to
require the Reserve Bank of India or any other bank aforesaid to satisfy itself that the conditions imposed
by this Order are being observed before any amounts are released in favour of the Yes Bank Limited.
6. The Central Government hereby also directs that the Yes Bank Limited may release or deliver goods
or securities which have been pledged, hypothecated or mortgaged or otherwise charged to it against any
loan, cash credit or overdraft:
(i) in any case in which full payment towards all the amounts due from the borrower or borrowers,
as the case may be, has been received by it, unconditionally; and
(ii) in any other case, to such an extent as may be necessary or possible, without reducing the
proportions of the margins on the said goods or securities below the stipulated proportions or the
proportions which were maintained before this Order came into force, whichever may be higher.
[F. No. 7/19/2020-BOA-1]
AMIT AGRAWAL, Jt. Secy.

Top Comments
Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Quick, we need more riots to divert attention

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied

Unnecessary panic created by jokers who don’t know how to run economy. Didn’t learn lesson from PMC. Such a big bank and handled such a pathetic way. Well they have to outperform own benchmark after demon, gst, nrc debacle.

Pro Entertainer Pro Entertainer
Link Copied

Abhi abhi Sir ji ne bole hai: Every penny lost by an Indian citizen due to collapse of the bank will be treated as a nationalist contribution towards making India a 5 trillion $ economy.
Now be happy. blush

276 Comments  |  
68 Dimers
  • Sort By
Link Copied

Quick, we need more riots to divert attention

Tech Guru Tech Guru
Link Copied

Yes.

Link Copied

Good, phele choron to bade loan dedo, aur phir hum Jaise logo se vasul karo

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied

Aur loan bhi 6 saal mein diye hain. Can’t even blame Nehru.

View 1 more reply
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Limit on cash withdrawal or online transfer also

Link Copied

It is very sad, entire economy will be crippled if another wave of bad loans happen which many are speculating. Only SBI, HDFC and ICICI look safe. Even Kotak is asking us money for UPI transactions lol

Yes Bank’s net worth is zero, and SBI will acquire it at rupees 2 per share, with the money of poor people who were unable to maintain MAB. https://www.socialnews.xyz/2020/03/05/sbi-need-...

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied

Unnecessary panic created by jokers who don’t know how to run economy. Didn’t learn lesson from PMC. Such a big bank and handled such a pathetic way. Well they have to outperform own benchmark after demon, gst, nrc debacle.

Tech Guru Tech Guru
Link Copied

True bhai. Coronavirus is just a trigger. Our grounds are so unstable, man. Unbelievable

View 3 more replies
Link Copied

Thank God..I have two accounts in yes bank and balances are 26k and 19 k respectively

Link Copied

Withdraw immediately, there is danger of it going down completely, ti has a lot of bad loans.

View 3 more replies
Analyst Analyst
Link Copied

Guys take all money out of PhonePe. It is held by Yes Bank. It’s almost end story now.

Generous Generous
Link Copied

Phonepe wallet money?

View 4 more replies
Flame Flame
Link Copied

I knew this is gonna happen closed my account in yes bank last month itself joy

Tech Guru Tech Guru
Link Copied

Good job bro. 🙂🙂🙂🙂 Edit: GG bro, GG.

Link Copied

@bikidas2060 How is Axis doing? Everything smooth after that fundraising? Any idea? @JOKER321

Tech Guru Tech Guru
Link Copied

No idea. Bhai, understanding banking stocks is beyond my skills

View 1 more reply
Cool Cool
Link Copied

1 month back opened premia account by giving cheque of 4 lakhs.. as i have premia credit card it got with zero balance.. luckily mrng only i have with drawn my last remaining 80k from yes bank pray

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

U saved yourself….

Link Copied

One more promising gift for everyone https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/business/econ...

A second round of bad loans could come up with the slowing economy caught in the vicious cycle of consumption slump and policy paralysis. Fresh loans given to companies including to small and medium enterprises will face risk if the cash flows of companies under pressure

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

There is every chance of one more round of bad loans. FM is going crazy over bankers asking them lend. But, it is retail credit which is seeing growth and industrial credit isn’t picking up.

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

Best UPI app other than phonepe? (PS:- I don’t like GPay)

Tech Guru Tech Guru
Link Copied

Bro, this concern is regarding Phonepe wallet money. Upi should operate just fine

View 5 more replies
Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

Bad loans and no one* is taking loans….great

Link Copied

Phone pe stopped showing my balance of yes bank accounts

Link Copied

New India
Jai modiji
Always blame congress pakistan muslim

Link Copied

Bhaths in dd may call me as anti Indian smile

Community Angel Community Angel
Link Copied

Have 25 k balance upi yes bank mobile app not working

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied

RBI takes over yes bank. Limit on withdrawal for 30 days.

Generous Generous
Link Copied

I use InstaMojo for my company’s Payment gateway and they use yes bank.
apart from this Reseller Club uses Yesbank apart from them .. going to see some troubles for next few days sad

Tech Guru Tech Guru
Link Copied

A lot of troubles, worse than coronavirus

View 1 more reply
Analyst Analyst
Link Copied

Ab ye socho SBI Card ka kya hoga. biggrin

Kal 1000 points girega ki nahi nifty? wink

Pro Shopping Friend Pro Shopping Friend
Link Copied

Tomorrow Nifty & Bank nifty will fall like this. grinning grinning

View 13 more replies
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

yes bank is the biggest bank to be restricted.. it will be very interesting how the govt handles this. except a ripple effect in coming days. there can even be a mini recession & job losses in indian financial sector.

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied

So we can fear more riots and lynching? More hatred on TV? sad

Shopping Friend Shopping Friend
Link Copied

What is happening in your country in last 2-3 years?!?!?!

Everything going downhill, Demonetisation, GST, Everything is failing one by one. Economy, Stock markets everything is crashing down wink

PS:- I’m not blaming our current government but this is hurting our economy very badly

Generous Generous
Link Copied

What more do you need before blaming this govt? Where does the responsibility lie for all this mess? If not this govt, who else was responsible for as big a blunder as the fking demonetisation ? When the whole country runs on cash, whole businesses running on cash, whole economy was running on cash. Leave alone making crores of people stand in queues in cold winter nights for months ?

View 1 more reply
Analyst Analyst
Link Copied

Now I got the reason Why they struck my â‚ą800 in their YesPay Wallet expressionless

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied

Anyone Know How I can Recover. I added â‚ą800 in their wallet and just after adding I was unable to use them.

View 2 more replies
Critic Critic
Link Copied

Without checking the authenticity of the news the following remarks is being made-

This is not a big news. When they decided what you should or should not eat, where were you? When they passed the CAA at midnight without consulting anyone, when everyone was asleep, where were you? When they rendered old notes invalid, with 4 hours left on the clock, where were you? You didn’t think this day would come? Where they would decide, for you, whether you have full access to your own money? Meh.

I hope the opposition is reelected in 2024 too so that I finally get the urge of moving to Nigeria maybe. And I don’t blame them either. It’s those morons who re-voted for them in 2019. Fret not, these self opportunist morons will also be backstabbed along with the rest of the people.

PS- By the way, where are the clowns now who advocate privatisation for basically everything? LMAO.

Generous Generous
Link Copied

SGX nifty down 250 points and it should reflect the fall tomorrow. Still not prudent to bring out the shopping list yet. More pain to come I guess, would rather protect my capital than bet against the fundamentals.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

The OP didn’t read the article fully. I understand his frustration. It clearly says RBI board will supersede the yes bank’s board of directors which failed to raise minimum capital that is required to operate continuously. It’s a better scenario than bank keeping IP and ignores the depositors. Here depositors are insured and protected by RBI. Book need to panic about phone pe as well. Flipkart (walmart) is behind phone pe. Ofcourse there will be stock fall tomorrow but it will be limited to banking sector especially yes bank.

Tech Guru Tech Guru
Link Copied

Haha.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

bik gyi h GORMINT

Tech Guru Tech Guru
Link Copied

True edit: I removed the video

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

BTW does anyone know what was outcome of PMC Bank crisis.. did common man with substantial balance (like 5L) got their money back?

Tech Guru Tech Guru
Link Copied

Yes 🙂

View 4 more replies
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Keep Quiet everyone…. And Support the Govt in all these steps !! As it must be interest of Nation …
If you dont believe me, watch Zee News / Republic TV.

Anyone crying over YesBank news is Anti-National and will be raided with IT / ED

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

People here are less knowledgable or non rational.
The RBI will do what will be best in customer or persons interest be it banning cryptocurrency or limit for withdrawal.
And government is doing best for their own people.
No government or no institution will think of bad for their citizens or customer.

replyuser
Click here to reply