Hot Deal

[HDFC] Now no reward point for loading wallets using card wef July 1 2017

1442°
Deal Lieutenant
disclaimer

Thank you for your continued patronage to HDFC Bank Credit Card.
We would like to bring to your attention the following revisions on our Reward Points program. This will be with effect from 1 st July, 2017

EasyEMI and e-wallet loading transactions will not accrue Reward points.
Reward points accrued will be reversed if a retail transaction is converted into SmartEMI.
Reward points accrued for Insurance transactions will have a maximum cap of 2,000 per transaction.
Continue to enjoy usage of HDFC Bank Credit Card and earn Reward Points on all other categories

116 Comments  |  
41 Dimers
  • Sort By
Critic Critic
Link Copied

@A2Zdeals @DealSeeker @GoogleCA https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

EDIT: Oops! I didn’t know that case doesn’t matter anymore on DD. https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_redface.gif

View 2 more replies
Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

Acche din aa gaye!

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied

If i remember correctly other day someone was saying that we can’t create netsafe cards using HDFC Credit Cards, maybe it was DealSeeker. I saw an option today on their site

View 5 more replies
Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Which card are you using ?.. I haven’t got any such note..

Link Copied

Diners

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

This was about to happen !!! Amex to follow suit …

Pro Entertainer Pro Entertainer
Link Copied

HDFC is largest in terms of credit cards & they looks to be on spree of curtailing benefits.

With regards to wallets & digitization, it’s known fact to all banks that wallets helped people churn but none did anything earlier.
Of late all offers they bring exclude wallets
One case being Indusind rewardz Diwali 2016 excluded wallet loading
So many roads closing at same time https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_confused.gif

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_eek.gif
Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

@DealDimers As it is you cannot add from Amex to Any wallets (except PayTM) https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_wink.gif

Link Copied

very disappointing mve…. !!! nt sure if its valid fr premium cards as well… !!

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

This was my major source of reward point. Does anybody know any trick?

Link Copied

But who prefers to use wallets these days when there are hardly any genuine offers by big players! Being used only to attain spending thresholds on cards.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

@disclaimer was this communication sent in email??? I hold diners black card but have not received any such email from HDFC yet…

Link Copied

Yes, email.

View 2 more replies
Link Copied

I also received this communication. Someone tell me the process of how to surrender hdfc credit card

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

I don’t understand the explanation from them for points those were reduced in last 2 bills(around 1000 points reversed) even there was was no refund, I got following reply when I raised this issue with them.

Thank you for writing to us.

This is with reference to your e-mail regarding reward points adjusted on your HDFC Bank International credit card account.

At the outset, we sincerely regret that our services have given you cause for dissatisfaction. We wish to reassure you that we are committed to consistently providing outstanding services to our valuable customers like you and we offer our sincere apologies for the inconvenience faced in this instance.

Further to your query regarding reversal of Reward Points in your credit card statement dated May 2017, request you to kindly note that Bank on periodic basis conducts reconciliation of reward points accrued. It was identified that there were excess point credits to your card account between the period from 1st January 2016 to 31st December 2016. The same was accordingly rectified on your card account by debiting the excess reward points, in your credit card statement in May 2017. *

Pro Entertainer Pro Entertainer
Link Copied

This is very abrupt & rare response.
On the contrary mostly they don’t credit correct points.
I actually raised it got around 3000 points credited last month from ICICI.
@disclaimer Bro as you know mine is ICICI Rubyx Visa card with shopping plan so I should get 4 point for that & for rest I should get 2 points.
There was erratic credits sometimes 2 sometimes 4 for same merchant. On raising it I got to know my card rewards plan was still Amex one (I got Rubyx lifetimes free in lieu of Amex gold) which has 3 points structure. They couldn’t explain that why I never got 3 points. But they checked records & credited 3000 points & that is really too much. I like ICICI customer service for such indepth analysis by cc & perfect resolution.
Hdfc cc is useless.
@DealSeeker

View 11 more replies
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

How will they differentiate between a purchase and an e-wallet topup for eg. paytm?

Shopping Friend Shopping Friend
Link Copied

Good question .
Only merchant name like paytm mall can differentiate.

So can we order on mall and cancel it..?

View 1 more reply
Generous Generous
Link Copied

seem like hdfc wants to credit all merchant fees from lower variant cards to fund it’s diners 10X offer. First stop that HDFC.

Like Magnet Like Magnet
Link Copied

I use regalia. Got the same email. No reward points for ewallet trans…

Link Copied

This change is for all cards

Link Copied

Beginning of a new era tomorrow, other leading banks to follow soon.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Do you guys actually collect enough points to warrant a discussion like this?
I never understood what is the deal with these points and air privilege miles
You keep then collecting for months and the amount is no greater than a few hundreds or thousand at best
Then why waste your energy and time about a promotion that is too miniscule in amount
Or is there something that I am missin
Open to all kind of suggestions

@DealSeeker

Link Copied

10x rewards on diners translate to 15-33% return if redeemed on diners portal.

View 6 more replies
Link Copied

adding amazon pay balance will get reward point ??? confused https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_sad.gif

Link Copied

All sailing in same boat.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Seems SBI Simply click is better option for now. Any other wallet other than Payzapp which does not charge for bank transfer?

Talk-Of-The-Town Talk-Of-The-Town
Link Copied

Which is the best replacement option for HDFC Regalia card? Please tag.

View 4 more replies
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Hdfc charged 5.75rs for IMPS transactions…

What the #$%©

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

I think all banks charge for IMPS, everytime I have been charged for IMPS in my Axis salary account

View 3 more replies
Link Copied

http://hdfcbankdinersclub.com/diners-club...ck

Diners black card users, please note….

This feature will be withdrawn w.e.f 15th August 2017

> Redeem reward points for booking Air Tickets / Hotels across 150+ Airlines and Choice of hotels (Domestic & International) at www.hdfcbankdinerscl...om ( 1 Reward Point = Re. 1 )

> Redeem Reward Point for AirMiles across Jet Airways (JPMiles), Air India (Air India Miles) or Singapore Airlines (KrisFlyer Miles). 1 Reward Point = 1 AirMile.

> The capping of reward points is only on the accelerated 10X program and not on any other spends which follows the Regular reward points

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Received sms for revised Benefits on HDFC Regalia Credit card,…… sms asks to chk website…

Dont know what they have changed now….

HDFC is showing True Colors…. Digital India aise banega wah

Link Copied

Cust care has no clue yet….

If somebody gets to know the changes, please share here….

View 3 more replies
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

I think even Fuel Surcharge waiver reduced to 1% only….
so 2.5% me se bas 1% waived off…

Time to stop using HDFC Credit card

Link Copied

Most banks charging only 1% fuel surcharge these days, not 2.5.

View 1 more reply
Perfectionist Perfectionist
Link Copied

Just noticed the following change in HDFC credit card T&Cs.

GST levied will not be reversed on Any dispute on Fee & Charges / interest.”

Not sure if other banks have also adopted such blood-sucking policies after the introduction of GST. This is probably a feature of the GST structure itself. https://cdn0.desidime.com/smileys/w7MSP.gif

CC @A2Zdeals @disclaimer

Link Copied

Read somewhere else as well.

View 2 more replies
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

They also removed the dth/recharge redemption option for Black card holders also any redemptions would now be charged at 99+tax. These would be effective from 15thAug

Link Copied

Recharge option to be removed for all, people report frequent transaction failures for travel bookings so the card will become more of a headache.

Was redemption not charged for black cards earlier?

View 2 more replies
replyuser
Click here to reply