Hotness Help! monkey menace

Hot Deal Help! monkey menace

308°
Doumyouji.tsukasa.full.958800
Deal Lieutenant
163
3889
33

For the past 6 months, large groups of monkeys would come and destroy everything (my little home garden is gone for good) and even bite people!
But now they’re attacking even my dish tv’s umbrella! I had to call 5 times to get the service guy to put it in proper direction in the span of 8 months.
My free 1 year service is going to expire in March and after that I would have to pay Rs 150 per visit!
Please suggest any measures to save my umbrella from monkeys 😭

65 Comments  |  
23 Dimers
11111
Super Moderator
198
17240
321

Get a small enclosure made out of iron grill

Elisha
Entertainer
61
35062
358

Feed them something daily at particular time in the morning from whatever is leftover food. Don’t be scared while feeding them but maintain safe distance. Let them recognize you & your home as feeding zone. At evening/night, don’t let them stay over around your home. Beam multiple flashlights at their eyes. Practise this for few days & tell me if this worked for you or not.

Cropped 67832584
Deal Subedar
325
1003
11

Befriend them.
And Teach them to be Human.

Doumyouji.tsukasa.full.958800
Deal Lieutenant
163
3889
33
saucap wrote:

Feed them something daily at particular time in the morning from whatever is leftover food. Don’t be scared while feeding them but maintain safe distance. Let them recognize you & your home as feeding zone. At evening/night, don’t let them stay over around your home. Beam multiple flashlights at their eyes. Practise this for few days & tell me if this worked for you or not.

The lady in a nearby flat came up with that plan and within a week, got a piece of flesh torn from her arm and got plenty of rabies shots.
I do leave leftovers for stray cats/dogs and birds but monkeys are the worst, they poop around the whole house!
Today morning.. in the first month of Assamese calendar, I had to go around clearing monkey poops… so much for Magh bihu celebration

Doumyouji.tsukasa.full.958800
Deal Lieutenant
163
3889
33
Common-man wrote:

Befriend them.
And Teach them to be Human.

I welcome you to try that BS here, live.

Missing
suspended
50
120
1
hana25 wrote:

For the past 6 months, large groups of monkeys would come and destroy everything (my little home garden is gone for good) and even bite people!
But now they’re attacking even my dish tv’s umbrella! I had to call 5 times to get the service guy to put it in proper direction in the span of 8 months.
My free 1 year service is going to expire in March and after that I would have to pay Rs 150 per visit!
Please suggest any measures to save my umbrella from monkeys 😭

1] try cordoning off the area by erecting temp/semi retractable structures or grill/fence made of rebars (metal rods or sariya as used in concrete slabs.

2]
too late but can mobilise the community to raise this issue with authorities.

3] the gray
Langurs are known to scare away rhesus macaques.
Langurs are the sober ones, with black faces.
try keeping a small family or so, till they help you get rid.

4] if nothing else, then maybe he can lend you some of his trained staff http://youtube.com/watch?noapp=1&t=1068s&v=S2DH... to teach your monkeys to behave themselves.

Doumyouji.tsukasa.full.958800
Deal Lieutenant
163
3889
33
ssganesh wrote:

@hana25 arrange thorn fence at the top of the walls.

They have super powers. They have managed to climb over every type of barricaded fench. Plus, there are a lot of big trees so they can climb over by jumping from tree to tree ☹
Municipality and zoo staff were called repeatedly but they never come 😑

Doumyouji.tsukasa.full.958800
Deal Lieutenant
163
3889
33
Expand
EliLilly wrote:

1] try cordoning off the area by erecting temp/semi retractable structures or grill/fence made of rebars (metal rods or sariya as used in concrete slabs.

2]
too late but can mobilise the community to raise this issue with authorities.

3] the gray
Langurs are known to scare away rhesus macaques.
Langurs are the sober ones, with black faces.
try keeping a small family or so, till they help you get rid.

4] if nothing else, then maybe he can lend you some of his trained staff https://links.desidime.com/?subid=notification&... to teach your monkeys to behave themselves.

All of the above are done , except langur thing. Will check on it.
firing water with garden hose scare them to some extent but I can’t go up at night and early morning to protect my dish 😢

Cropped 67832584
Deal Subedar
325
1003
11
Expand
hana25 wrote:

I welcome you to try that BS here, live.

I would have loved to but i hate BS and so do they. stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye

Doumyouji.tsukasa.full.958800
Deal Lieutenant
163
3889
33
ssganesh wrote:

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/602425/medium/6441492IMG-20200115-200430.jpg?1579098912

dish tv companies should give these cages for free or atleast some discount

Doumyouji.tsukasa.full.958800
Deal Lieutenant
163
3889
33
Expand
Common-man wrote:

I would have loved to but i hate BS and so do they. stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye

should import bear grylls to here. he can eat them for all i care

Doumyouji.tsukasa.full.958800
Deal Lieutenant
163
3889
33
cm4444 wrote:

Get a small enclosure made out of iron grill

Serious question, can something like that be purchase? will it affect tv signal?

Samantha
Deal Lieutenant
143
4985
101

what to do bro.. this is hard truth…
Humans are occupying their homes (forest) in the name of development and they are occupying ours… Even I had faced this issue..I am seeing in every village that I visit.
I heard from my village that village people brought some one (don’t have clear info on this) to catch them and take away.. Now a days I hardly see one or two…in my village.

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/602435/medium/6441610Fak4qWf.jpg?1579101952

Doumyouji.tsukasa.full.958800
Deal Lieutenant
163
3889
33
Expand
DarkerThanYourDreams wrote:

Kabhi Gadho ko Ghodo ke race main dekha hai ?

wild animals will always be wild animals… plenty of true horror stories from US alone… those idiots who tried to be tarzan.
in some cases, even “man’s best friend” will eat up their human friend.. no joke.

Cropped 2019036153
suspended
52
280
5
Expand
hana25 wrote:

They have super powers. They have managed to climb over every type of barricaded fench. Plus, there are a lot of big trees so they can climb over by jumping from tree to tree ☹
Municipality and zoo staff were called repeatedly but they never come 😑

Are the bins secured at your place ?

75pe
Deal Lieutenant
257
3191
41

Hi. Please stick a photo of Sri Ram on the DTH umbrella. .. instead of breaking it they ll protect it.

Slide2
Deal Cadet
51
428
3
Expand
hana25 wrote:

Serious question, can something like that be purchase? will it affect tv signal?

Have you considered regular barbed wire or razor barbed wire?

Cropped 67832584
Deal Subedar
325
1003
11
Common-man wrote:

Befriend them.
And Teach them to be Human.

Ok , Now on a serious note , i would suggest you to totally not to befriend them or to be nice to them in any manner .
Providing food and likes to them or any other animal or bird within and near your vicinity should be strictly avoided.
No leftovers or garbage scattered.
You will have to seal all your doors and windows with small gap grills , no option to avoid it.
Ask your neighbours to follow same.
Keep strong long sticks ( in assam cane sticks you get )which you carry with you or have them placed at convinent place where you can get it fast when you see them , and give them good bash with it.

Dont  get irritated  on seeing them , they will enjoy it.
Just  be cool and give them a warm  bash.
Within 15 days you can see the difference  if  followed  properly

Doumyouji.tsukasa.full.958800
Deal Lieutenant
163
3889
33
Expand
DarkerThanYourDreams wrote:

Are the bins secured at your place ?

Yes, full area is litter free. Plus, theres no deforestation nearby but excessive deforestation is happening on earlier govt protected forest areas currently, thanks to sh*t development planning… more like destruction planning.

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
177
6837
115

In Mumbai – Monkeys are seen In Thakur Village Kandivali east area on terraces and some even enter the house through window grills

Cropped 2019036153
suspended
52
280
5
Expand
hana25 wrote:

Yes, full area is litter free. Plus, theres no deforestation nearby but excessive deforestation is happening on earlier govt protected forest areas currently, thanks to sh*t development planning… more like destruction planning.

Buddy, I think you need to check for resolution from Forest Dept.

One more thing don’t befriend them you will add extra menace in your life.

Missing