Help needed from Kerala Dimers

Help needed from Kerala Dimers

Score: 5 Votes: 5
Score: 5 Votes: 5
Score: 5 Votes: 5
Score: 5 Votes: 5
Score: 5 Votes: 5
Img 20160611 wa0014
Entertainer
5
35
12906
156

Hey dimers,

I am planning a trip to Kerala within days, need help for booking cab local taxi services.

I tried many options but still not convinced.

I have 5-6 quotes in my hand all varying from 7500 to 13000 for 4 days trip in Kerala.

Route covers.

airport – Munnar with sightseeing.

Munnar sightseeing.

Munnar – Alleppy

Alleppy to Airport.

Please help me with this, its a bit urgent

47 Comments  |  
12 Dimers
Img 20150414 215658
Budding Star
46
196
30496
630

Keep maal and Avoid Farzi https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_biggrin.gif
EDIT- Got It why you are going https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_lol.gif #MorningMaiBakchodi 😋😋😆

Vegeta
Deal Captain
0
0
12486
201

Since it is a group of 5-6 people why not chalk out the plan yourself?
You might make the best out of your money this way and visit places without any restrictions https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif

Img 20160611 wa0014
Entertainer
5
35
12906
156
@ishandon wrote:

Since it is a group of 5-6 people why not chalk out the plan yourself?
You might make the best out of your money this way and visit places without any restrictions https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif


How?

Vegeta
Deal Captain
0
0
12486
201
@farzimaal wrote:

@ishandon wrote:

Since it is a group of 5-6 people why not chalk out the plan yourself?
You might make the best out of your money this way and visit places without any restrictions https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif


How?


what how sir ?

Img 20160611 wa0014
Entertainer
5
35
12906
156
@ishandon wrote:

@farzimaal wrote:

@ishandon wrote:

Since it is a group of 5-6 people why not chalk out the plan yourself?
You might make the best out of your money this way and visit places without any restrictions https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif


How?


what how sir ?

Group of 6 persons?
The plan is already been chalked the itinerary is done but the last and most important thing transportation is left.

@DealSeeker

Vegeta
Deal Captain
0
0
12486
201
@farzimaal wrote:

@ishandon wrote:

@farzimaal wrote:

@ishandon wrote:

Since it is a group of 5-6 people why not chalk out the plan yourself?
You might make the best out of your money this way and visit places without any restrictions https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif


How?


what how sir ?

Group of 6 persons?
The plan is already been chalked the itinerary is done but the last and most important thing transportation is left.

@DealSeeker


Ahhh! Very Very sorry! I thought you needed help with the entire tour but you need help only with the transportation.

Extremely sorry.

Img 20160611 wa0014
Entertainer
5
35
12906
156
@ishandon wrote:

@farzimaal wrote:

@ishandon wrote:

@farzimaal wrote:

@ishandon wrote:

Since it is a group of 5-6 people why not chalk out the plan yourself?
You might make the best out of your money this way and visit places without any restrictions https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif


How?


what how sir ?

Group of 6 persons?
The plan is already been chalked the itinerary is done but the last and most important thing transportation is left.

@DealSeeker


Ahhh! Very Very sorry! I thought you needed help with the entire tour but you need help only with the transportation.

Extremely sorry.


Sorry mat bol, kerala dimers ko tag kr jaldi

Vegeta
Deal Captain
0
0
12486
201
@farzimaal wrote:

@ishandon wrote:

@farzimaal wrote:

@ishandon wrote:

@farzimaal wrote:

@ishandon wrote:

Since it is a group of 5-6 people why not chalk out the plan yourself?
You might make the best out of your money this way and visit places without any restrictions https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif


How?


what how sir ?

Group of 6 persons?
The plan is already been chalked the itinerary is done but the last and most important thing transportation is left.

@DealSeeker


Ahhh! Very Very sorry! I thought you needed help with the entire tour but you need help only with the transportation.

Extremely sorry.


Sorry mat bol, kerala dimers ko tag kr jaldi


pehle maaf karo fir tag karunga https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif

Osho
Critic
23
322
15142
229
@ishandon wrote:

pehle maaf karo fir tag karunga https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif



“Neither do I condemn thee! Sin no more!” https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

Vegeta
Deal Captain
0
0
12486
201
@Magus wrote:

@ishandon wrote:

pehle maaf karo fir tag karunga https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif



“Neither do I condemn thee! Sin no more!” https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif


English translation for English needed ! lol

Geek
Tech Guru
0
401
6158
138

@farzimaal

Bro, there may not be many one stop taxi service provider to cover all the geographical areas you mentioned and even if there is one, they would charge you a lot since you would be paying for Driver Batta and lot of other charges on top of regular taxi fares. Kerala has the highest wages in the country and that reflects in Taxi fares as well. 7500 quoted looks like a decent price however it doesn’t seem to include the Driver batta and other charges.

I would suggest you to book cabs directly from Hotel/taxi stand at different locations you are staying instead of booking one taxi to cover all areas. Taxi fare across Kerala most of the times would be similar since rates are fixed by the government/union.

Img 20160611 wa0014
Entertainer
5
35
12906
156
@cybertechie wrote:

@farzimaal

Bro, there may not be many one stop taxi service provider to cover all the geographical areas you mentioned and even if there is one, they would charge you a lot since you would be paying for Driver Batta and lot of other charges on top of regular taxi fares. Kerala has the highest wages in the country and that reflects in Taxi fares as well. 7500 quoted looks like a decent price however it doesn’t seem to include the Driver batta and other charges.

I would suggest you to book cabs directly from Hotel/taxi stand at different locations you are staying instead of booking one taxi to cover all areas. Taxi fare across Kerala most of the times would be similar since rates are fixed by the government/union.


Thanks bro , actually hotels charging higher thats the main problem.
Anyway will go with the individual booking

Geek
Tech Guru
0
401
6158
138
@farzimaal wrote:

Thanks bro , actually hotels charging higher thats the main problem.
Anyway will go with the individual booking


Kerala is a nice place. Enjoy your stay.

While you are heading to Munnar from Cochin, you may choose to take a detour to Athirappilly falls. Waterfall scenes in Bahubali movie was shot there. It’s one amazing place to be in.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athira...ly

While in Allepey, do not forget to visit kumarakom. Allepey is commercialized but Kumarakom still has the old kerala charm. if you are non-vegetarian then Kerala is the place to be in. You can find excellent non-veg food in Toddy shops . Check with locals for more details. A toddy shop may not be the most hygenic place, however, it is hard to let go the mouth watering food those guys make. If you are with family/ladies, ignore toddy shop suggestion :d

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kum...om

Img 20160611 wa0014
Entertainer
5
35
12906
156
@cybertechie wrote:

@farzimaal wrote:

Thanks bro , actually hotels charging higher thats the main problem.
Anyway will go with the individual booking


Kerala is a nice place. Enjoy your stay.

While you are heading to Munnar from Cochin, you may choose to take a detour to Athirappilly falls. Waterfall scenes in Bahubali movie was shot there. It’s one amazing place to be in.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athira...ly

While in Allepey, do not forget to visit kumarakom. Allepey is commercialized but Kumarakom still has the old kerala charm. if you are non-vegetarian then Kerala is the place to be in. You can find excellent non-veg food in Toddy shops . Check with locals for more details. A toddy shop may not be the most hygenic place, however, it is hard to let go the mouth watering food those guys make. If you are with family/ladies, ignore toddy shop suggestion :d

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kum...om


noted that roger https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif

ignore toddy shop suggestion ? whats that
Vhpy
Deal Lieutenant
0
121
3278
15

@farzimaal
In munnar u can go for bike also…
There are 2 shops with give you bike on rent for 350rs to 400 rs per day.
2 months I along with my friends visited munnar.we hired 2 bikes for 2 days.

Baby gif funny animation
Budding Star
18
0
14280
214

Mere liye coconut water jarur lana https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_biggrin.gif

Img 20160611 wa0014
Entertainer
5
35
12906
156
@Green Arrow wrote:

@farzimaal
In munnar u can go for bike also…
There are 2 shops with give you bike on rent for 350rs to 400 rs per day.
2 months I along with my friends visited munnar.we hired 2 bikes for 2 days.


Not sure about bike bro. Its tough with family https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_wink.gif
Thanks for the suggestion though I might make it as a backup plan

Geek
Tech Guru
0
401
6158
138

@farzimaal

A toddy shop is a drinking establishment seen in Kerala where palm toddy, a mildly alcoholic beverage made from the sap of palm trees, is served along with food. The food served with toddy typically is very spicy. Last part of my previous post meant that, toddy shop is not the kind of place where one should take families along. Having said that, there are a few new gen toddy shops with restaurant to cater to the family crowd.

Img 20160611 wa0014
Entertainer
5
35
12906
156
@DimerAbhi wrote:

Mere liye coconut water jarur lana https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_biggrin.gif


Ha bilkul, do char jalpari bhi le aunga https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif

Img 20160611 wa0014
Entertainer
5
35
12906
156
@cybertechie wrote:

@farzimaal

A toddy shop is a drinking establishment seen in Kerala where palm toddy, a mildly alcoholic beverage made from the sap of palm trees, is served along with food. The food served with toddy typically is very spicy. Last part of my previous post meant that, toddy shop is not the kind of place where one should take families along. Having said that, there are a few new gen toddy shops with restaurant to cater to the family crowd.


Ohhh got that https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif

Geek
Tech Guru
0
401
6158
138
@Green Arrow wrote:

@farzimaal
In munnar u can go for bike also…
There are 2 shops with give you bike on rent for 350rs to 400 rs per day.
2 months I along with my friends visited munnar.we hired 2 bikes for 2 days.


That sound interesting. Do you know the kind of bikes on offer? Nothing can beat a motorcycle ride on those serene tea plantations of Munnar. A munnar-thekady motorcycle ride is in my wishlist.

if you have any contact info of the shop, do let me know.

Thanks.

Baby gif funny animation
Budding Star
18
0
14280
214

Yeh places jarur dekhna https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif

Guruvayur Temple

Kolukkumalai Tea Estate

Athirappilly Waterfalls

Shri Padmanabhaswamy Temple

Vadakkunnathan Temple

Athirapally Falls

Chottanikkara Bhagavathy Temple

Varkala Beach

And dont forget to visit kerala backwater https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_biggrin.gif

Vhpy
Deal Lieutenant
0
121
3278
15
@cybertechie wrote:

@Green Arrow wrote:

@farzimaal
In munnar u can go for bike also…
There are 2 shops with give you bike on rent for 350rs to 400 rs per day.
2 months I along with my friends visited munnar.we hired 2 bikes for 2 days.


That sound interesting. Do you know the kind of bikes on offer? Nothing can beat a motorcycle ride on those serene tea plantations of Munnar. A munnar-thekady motorcycle ride is in my wishlist.

if you have any contact info of the shop, do let me know.

Thanks.


They offer many options for bikes.. u can go for bullet, pulser, cbz etc….
we got cbz and honda activa coz other were booked at that time.
its better to book in advance.
I hv to look for card once I go back to home..
If I find it will definitely share the contact info with u.

And yes bikeride was awesome in munnar.u can go to any place u want.stop anytime anywhere as per your wish which is not there if u hire a cab.

Missing