Help Needed In Purchasing Android Tv Box.

Help Needed In Purchasing Android Tv Box.

755°
132
Deal Subedar
1
191
1586
54

Hello folks,

Actually i am fed up with my cable stb since i am paying around 400/month. So i want to dumb this stb and buy android tv box to have a overall android performance.* I am having toshiba p2305 39 inch led tv which supports 2 hdmi ports and doesnt have any 3.5mm audio jack.* Since i have a good speed isp connection so this will be really helpful for family.
Basically the main purpose will be watching live tv hindi/eng/malayalam channels so that my parents will be happy with this tv box toungueout. then comes watching videos on utube nd stuffs and playing light games which my nephew will also love biggrin.

Actually i wanted to buy firestick just because earlier i thought jio tv app works flawlessly on the same but i was wrong i guess it doesn’t support the same, so investing 4k in this stick and if it can’t serve my main purpose then there’s no use.

Hence i decided to buy a tv box compatible for my led tv i found z69/x96/mecool tv boxes interesting. One having Android N will be better i guess isn’t it? my budget will be around 4k. since this will cut down the monthly charges of the stb renewal plan then i guess the budget will not be a problem.

Here are my doubts:

1. Now which other alternatives can be used to substitute my main purpose which is watching live tv channels on my tv box i.e. which apps which will replace jio tv app wherein i can watch my live tv shows without any issues?

2.What about the warranty and customs of the same? {i hope they don’t charge me extra customs, then it will be really costly}

3. Are banggood/gearbest the best sites to purchase these?

4. Best tv box for my purpose?

Plz help me dimers in this regard folks. Suggestions will be appreciated.

This is really very urgent i need to finalise one ASAP.

@OnlineBewda @Tejaa @rajrocks @dearajay @jaguarfree @image @19FemaleGurgaon @alian1980 @bornsmart1994524 @The_Beast

Plz do tag ur dimer frnds if you know they can help me in this query.

103 Comments  |  
32 Dimers
20150929 165650
Deal Cadet
0
238
146
0

Tag me too

132
Deal Subedar
1
191
1586
54
shana5 wrote:

Tag me too

ur already following this thread bro https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_wink.gif
u vl get updates dont worry https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_biggrin.gif

Missing
Deal Cadet
4
187
910
12

Just buy that 1500 wala Ambani phone and use the cable to connect it to TV and watch Jio TV.

132
Deal Subedar
1
191
1586
54
shivkumara27663 wrote:

Just buy that 1500 wala Ambani phone and use the cable to connect it to TV and watch Jio TV.

Arre bro phone ki jarurat nai h baba bass tv box hi chiaye. Next thing is if you have this phone u can only browse via jio data which is limited to 1gb per day rite. And also phone nai tho no tv na https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_cry.gif

Missing
Deal Cadet
1
115
296
18

My suggestion would be buy any decent android tv box from Ebay.in instead of looking onto chinese sites and worrying about the custom duties. You will receive the product within a matter of 5-6 days instead of waiting for more than 15-30 days or more on Chinese sites.

Search for android tv box on ebay.in, purchase one with 2GB RAM at least and enjoy.

All apps should work on it, irrespective of the OS. Mine has an Android kitkat and jio TV, hotstar, amazon prime etc works and updates flawlessly.

Here are a few TV boxes that you may consider.

Rs.3699/-

http://www.ebay.in/itm/TX3-mini-Android-7-1-TV-...

Rs.3499/-

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Tanix-TX3-Mini-4K-Androi...

Rs.3799/-

http://www.ebay.in/itm/X96-mini-Android-7-1-TV-...

Some 1GB/8Gb versions:

Rs.2499/-

http://www.ebay.in/itm/MXQ-Pro-4K-Android-TV-Bo...

Rs.2999/-

http://www.ebay.in/itm/T96R-Android-7-0-TV-Box-...

You can also use some 10 – 15% off coupons for these.

Missing
Deal Newbie
0
50
44
0

Bhai this was the same thing I was thinking. Actually I have also decided to purchase Mi Box 3 but it is not available in India. So I will wait until it is in the Indian market. I have compared it will almost every Android tv and it comes out as the best. And another thing is watching on broadband depends completely on your speed and resolution. If you have 2mbps plan than you have to keep low resolution. And mostly it will buffer. And if you have atleast 5mbps plan than you should go for it. And if you watch 3-5 hours tv daily which is normal usage. Then it will go around 200-250 Gb per month. Now this thing depends on resolution and time. I am just giving approximate data after my own research that was done by me 2-3 days ago. Hope this helps

132
Deal Subedar
1
191
1586
54
ketanhemnani826 wrote:

Bhai this was the same thing I was thinking. Actually I have also decided to purchase Mi Box 3 but it is not available in India. So I will wait until it is in the Indian market. I have compared it will almost every Android tv and it comes out as the best. And another thing is watching on broadband depends completely on your speed and resolution. If you have 2mbps plan than you have to keep low resolution. And mostly it will buffer. And if you have atleast 5mbps plan than you should go for it. And if you watch 3-5 hours tv daily which is normal usage. Then it will go around 200-250 Gb per month. Now this thing depends on resolution and time. I am just giving approximate data after my own research that was done by me 2-3 days ago. Hope this helps

bro net speed is not at all a problem for me coz i have 50mb speed connection https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_biggrin.gif

132
Deal Subedar
1
191
1586
54

any other opinion dimers? https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_rolleyes.gif

Bcd
Entertainer
70
3,353
8851
111
Expand
mrKool_JJ wrote:

bro net speed is not at all a problem for me coz i have 50mb speed connection https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_biggrin.gif

If your Prime requirements is Watching tv, then i wont recommend you android tv box.

The best will be Apply for Digital tv connection Like Airtel or Tata sky. Annual charges For all channels including hd is to be approx 5000/-. So comes to be 420/pm.

It will be the best.

But android tv it might suit you for limited time but you may regret after sometime.

132
Deal Subedar
1
191
1586
54
Expand
THE_Beast wrote:

If your Prime requirements is Watching tv, then i wont recommend you android tv box.

The best will be Apply for Digital tv connection Like Airtel or Tata sky. Annual charges For all channels including hd is to be approx 5000/-. So comes to be 420/pm.

It will be the best.

But android tv it might suit you for limited time but you may regret after sometime.

https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_eek.gif https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_rolleyes.gif

i jus dont wanna pay so much that’s y i was planning to switch o.O
any con in these tv boxes i mean did u had any bitter experience?

Img 20170215 131537
Deal Subedar
0
93
1010
24

I also need android TV box pls guide https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_rolleyes.gif

Img 20170215 131537
Deal Subedar
0
93
1010
24
Expand
mrKool_JJ wrote:

ur already following this thread bro https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_wink.gif
u vl get updates dont worry https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_biggrin.gif

Tag me too bro if u find

132
Deal Subedar
1
191
1586
54
Expand
Dreamer-07 wrote:

Tag me too bro if u find

u can read the above comments bro! https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_lol.gif

Game of thrones season 7 white walkers g6 2048x2048
Deal Colonel
1,295
54,426
67537
710

chk banggood/gearbest/aliexpress during sales. u will get good discounts.

Bcd
Entertainer
70
3,353
8851
111
Expand
mrKool_JJ wrote:
https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_eek.gif https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_rolleyes.gif

i jus dont wanna pay so much that’s y i was planning to switch o.O
any con in these tv boxes i mean did u had any bitter experience?

That was juat my suggestion.
As ur sole purpose was view live tv.So to have good viewing experience i would recommend DTH.
And i have never used android tv. So don’t know about its pros.

132
Deal Subedar
1
191
1586
54
Expand
THE_Beast wrote:

That was juat my suggestion.
As ur sole purpose was view live tv.So to have good viewing experience i would recommend DTH.
And i have never used android tv. So don’t know about its pros.

its makes no sense in upgrading to digital tv connection now cry
they will also loot me na

21
Deal Subedar
4
14
1402
63

I was also thinking the same last month. I realized that android tv cannot replace dth as of now. If you don’t want to watch live tv and you are ok with watching shows a day after it is aired then you can go for android tv box. Apps like hotstar, voot, ozee, sonyliv etc have optkon to watch shows a day after they are aired on tv. They also contain some free movies.
Another option is ditto tv app which costs 20 rs per month for live tv. It contains less number of channels. You can check their channel list and decide whether you are ok with the channels they offer.
For live sports, you can use hotstar for free with 5 mins delay. If you want to watch live and access premium content, you can subscribe on hotstar for 1 year at 696rs which comes to 58 rs per month. So 58+20(ditto tv) = 78
For english tv shows and movies, you can use apps like Terrarium Tv, ShowBox, CinemaBox etc. You can get adfree version of all on google. Terrarium TV has movies and tv series of all languages.
You can watch live news for free on YouTube.

Android TV box
Don’t, I repeat Don’t buy it from Indian websites. They are way overpriced. Buy it only if you need it urgently using some ebay.in coupons. Otherwise, buy it from gearbest, aliexpress, bangood, geekbuying. You will get it at half the price of Indian websites price. You won’t have to pay custom duty in most cases. I have ordered many products from china and I never had to pay custom duty for even a single product. Even if you have to pay customs, it would still be cheaper than if you bought it from indian sites.

Coming to the configuration, buy atleast 2 gb ram box. Processor Amlogic 912 905x are trending now. Watch review of the box on youtube before buying.
For playing games, you can buy controller. If you are planning to play high end games buy a good box with 3gb ram and 912 processor. You can also buy wifi Keyboard and mouse controller for less than 1k.

The reason I won’t suggest to replace dth is because training elder people to use apps at home is not easy. Also for watching tv you will have to wait till the box boots up and the app opens. It is not as convenient as dth. It is good for secondary use like watching youtube videos, movies not for live tv.

Giphy
Deal Subedar
6
0
1436
29

Buy android box with s905 or s905x processor. Dont go for S912 as it is unstable and has lots of issues with it.

Giphy
Deal Subedar
6
0
1436
29
alian1980 wrote:

My suggestion would be buy any decent android tv box from Ebay.in instead of looking onto chinese sites and worrying about the custom duties. You will receive the product within a matter of 5-6 days instead of waiting for more than 15-30 days or more on Chinese sites.

Search for android tv box on ebay.in, purchase one with 2GB RAM at least and enjoy.

All apps should work on it, irrespective of the OS. Mine has an Android kitkat and jio TV, hotstar, amazon prime etc works and updates flawlessly.

Here are a few TV boxes that you may consider.

Rs.3699/-

http://www.ebay.in/itm/TX3-mini-Android-7-1-TV-...

Rs.3499/-

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Tanix-TX3-Mini-4K-Androi...

Rs.3799/-

http://www.ebay.in/itm/X96-mini-Android-7-1-TV-...

Some 1GB/8Gb versions:

Rs.2499/-

http://www.ebay.in/itm/MXQ-Pro-4K-Android-TV-Bo...

Rs.2999/-

http://www.ebay.in/itm/T96R-Android-7-0-TV-Box-...

You can also use some 10 – 15% off coupons for these.

Can u reply to this thread ? Also in jiotv earlier there was small black side bars for SD channels but now I think the black side bars has widened, have u noticed same thing? https://www.desidime.com/forums/dost-and-dimes/...

Life is beautiful    by this is the life2905 d3553nl
Deal Cadet
4
214
442
35

buy MI Box 3 you won’t regret it. I’m using it since 2 months.

Hotstar + Jio + Youtube + Kodi + Prime . Met all needs

Missing
Deal Cadet
0
61
194
6
life wrote:

buy MI Box 3 you won’t regret it. I’m using it since 2 months.

Hotstar + Jio + Youtube + Kodi + Prime . Met all needs

Please share link ?

Life is beautiful    by this is the life2905 d3553nl
Deal Cadet
4
214
442
35
Expand
Niraj_Gupta wrote:

Please share link ?

Look for any international variant of mi box 3 on Gearbest or Aliexpress

Pm me for the link if interested

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
2
336
5670
64
rajrocks wrote:

chk banggood/gearbest/aliexpress during sales. u will get good discounts.

How much time will banggood take to deliver to Gurgaon if I place an order today?
.
Dimers in Gurgaon please share your experience in terms of time taken and customs paid…

Game of thrones season 7 white walkers g6 2048x2048
Deal Colonel
1,295
54,426
67537
710
Expand
vijkap201 wrote:

How much time will banggood take to deliver to Gurgaon if I place an order today?
.
Dimers in Gurgaon please share your experience in terms of time taken and customs paid…

no idea at gurgaon bro but it will be max 2-3 weeks only

132
Deal Subedar
1
191
1586
54
life wrote:

buy MI Box 3 you won’t regret it. I’m using it since 2 months.

Hotstar + Jio + Youtube + Kodi + Prime . Met all needs

did u purchase it from india or outside?

132
Deal Subedar
1
191
1586
54
life wrote:

buy MI Box 3 you won’t regret it. I’m using it since 2 months.

Hotstar + Jio + Youtube + Kodi + Prime . Met all needs

did u purchase it from india or outside?

132
Deal Subedar
1
191
1586
54
jaguarfree wrote:

Buy android box with s905 or s905x processor. Dont go for S912 as it is unstable and has lots of issues with it.

r u sure coz while browsing i found s912 to b more stable in this case https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_rolleyes.gif

Missing