how to active international usage on canara ban...

how to active international usage on canara bank debit card

36°
Missing
Deal Newbie
50
55
0

please tell

12 Comments  |  
5 Dimers
Missing
Deal Cadet
76
300
4

Call the customer care @ 1800 425 0018…

If you have a domestic debit card, you may not be able to use it on international sites & you may need a different card…If it’s already an international card, you can ask the customer care to enable international transactions on it…

Missing
Deal Newbie
50
55
0
Sushrut.B wrote:

Call the customer care @ 1800 425 0018…

If you have a domestic debit card, you may not be able to use it on international sites & you may need a different card…If it’s already an international card, you can ask the customer care to enable international transactions on it…

it is international card

Missing
Deal Newbie
50
55
0
Sushrut.B wrote:

Call the customer care @ 1800 425 0018…

If you have a domestic debit card, you may not be able to use it on international sites & you may need a different card…If it’s already an international card, you can ask the customer care to enable international transactions on it…

can it be activated online on site/app

Missing
Deal Cadet
76
300
4
Expand
sirsandhu433725 wrote:

can it be activated online on site/app

I don’t have account in Canada bank so can’t confirm this as every bank operates in different ways…You can try going into your card details on netbanking & app & see if you can find the option there…Some banks have this option, some don’t…

Missing
Deal Cadet
111
266
2

OK I don’t know if it holds for Canara bank international card or not.
But many banks (psu ones mainly) market some cards as international cards.
But what they mean by international is you can withdraw funds from ATM worldwide/Physical POS terminals.
But you can’t use these cards for international ecom transactions.

TL;DR:- ‘International card’ does not necessarily always mean it will work on international ecom websites.

Missing
Critic
175
841
13

Only sbi debit cards have a possibility of enabling online international transactions,all other psu bank debit cards mostly don’t work except for platinum international rupay cards & that too may depend on psu bank.

Missing
Deal Cadet
111
266
2

@guest_999 I use Indian Bank (A PSU Bank) mastercard for international ecom transactions. And best part of it is I’m only required to maintain 500 MAB. grinning It even works on some international websites where even SBI international doesn’t work. Well, private bank’s cards work everywhere on net.

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
492
3531
45
ZNZ wrote:

@guest_999 I use Indian Bank (A PSU Bank) mastercard for international ecom transactions. And best part of it is I’m only required to maintain 500 MAB. grinning It even works on some international websites where even SBI international doesn’t work. Well, private bank’s cards work everywhere on net.

I have that too. They add a separate account for this card. So when i need to use the card i just fund it and use it. No tension of automatic charges fraud etc

Missing
Critic
175
841
13
ZNZ wrote:

@guest_999 I use Indian Bank (A PSU Bank) mastercard for international ecom transactions. And best part of it is I’m only required to maintain 500 MAB. grinning It even works on some international websites where even SBI international doesn’t work. Well, private bank’s cards work everywhere on net.

That’s why I said “mostly don’t work”. I knew this card from reading about it years ago on isaumya’s blog. I am guessing you got it too after reading about it from there. i also believe this card is no longer available for fresh issue. smile

Missing
Deal Cadet
111
266
2

@guest_999 H aha. yeah I searched online for which cards work on international websites and came across this card. And I recently opened account, while opening I asked the bankperson to provide mastercard. But if you don’t mention they’ll issue a rupay card.

Missing
Critic
175
841
13
ZNZ wrote:

@guest_999 H aha. yeah I searched online for which cards work on international websites and came across this card. And I recently opened account, while opening I asked the bankperson to provide mastercard. But if you don’t mention they’ll issue a rupay card.

It used to be a good option but now with sbi debit cards working internationally & kotak 811 card it is just another option. Psu banks(except sbi) anyway have a poor track record of working with even paypal domestic so prefer kotak 811,axis asap or even dbs digibank(recently enabled international online transactions) & sbi global visa debit card.

Missing