Vodafone has launched its 4G services in Kerala and Mysuru, with roll-out expected to continue to major metros like Kolkata, Delhi, Mumbai and Bengaluru, where the services are expected to be launched by March 2016. If you are already a Vodafone customer, you can switch to a 4G-ready Vodafone SIM by following these easy steps right now – you don’t need to wait for 4G services to be launched in your city. 4G-ready Vodafone SIMs are available across many cities, including Delhi. Check with customer care to see if a 4G-ready Vodafone SIM is now available in your city. Note that Vodafone is offering customers in some regions 1GB free 4G data if you switch to a 4G SIM. The free data can be availed when 4G services launch in your city.
Here are the steps to switch to a Vodafone 4G sim:
1. Walk in to any nearby Vodafone Store and place your request for 4G-ready SIM.
2. After proper identification process and 4G-enabled handset compatibility check by Vodafone staff, you will receive the new 4G-SIM card.
3. To activate the card, use your existing Vodafone number to SMS ‘SIMEX ’ to 55199 (this number will be available on the new SIM card/jacket given to you)
4. You will receive a response SMS from 55199 with partial SIM number entered.
5. Send the last 6 digits of the new SIM number to 55199 within 2 hours of receiving the SMS mentioned in the above step.
6. You will receive a success SMS, post which your 4G-Ready SIM will be activated within 5-10 minutes.
7. Subsequently, replace your old SIM in the handset with the new 4G-Ready SIM and continue to continue to use Vodafone services without interruption.