Hotness how to get waive off on ATM transactions

Hot Deal how to get waive off on ATM transactions

359°
Missing
Deal Cadet
114
242
35

hi
i have been charged rs 1600+288 gst on atm cash deposit. it is my stupidity to think atm withdrawal is a transaction and cash deposit is not.
can someone help or guide if there is any way to get this waive off.

account is in axis

thanks

47 Comments  |  
19 Dimers
Screenshot 2019 05 18 10 53 14 876 com.google.android.gm
Deal Cadet
2
754
9

It can’t be waived off. In hdfc and icici it is free. But in sbi they charge 25+gst per load. How much you loaded? Do they calculate based on amount loaded?

15359988
Tech Guru
1,451
4166
133

They charged you gst for depositing money into your account?

Thats a new one.. I never knew bank withdrawal and deposits to ones account were considered business transactions between buyer/seller..

Did you try contacting the bank and asking what this is about?

Missing
Deal Cadet
114
242
35

@JaiKrish1031 loaded like 2k 1600 500 3000 .. Atm machine did not accept amount in one go, some notes came out of machine. I loaded those in another transaction.

Missing
Deal Cadet
114
242
35

@alienteck contacted bank. . they hv charged rs 150 + 50(after 6 pm) + gst for each extra transactions. The total amount i hv been charged is rs 1600+288

15359988
Tech Guru
1,451
4166
133
preeti.gulati wrote:

@alienteck contacted bank. . they hv charged rs 150 + 50(after 6 pm) + gst for each extra transactions. The total amount i hv been charged is rs 1600+288

Oh I have never done this.. When I make an ATM deposit I have to put the slip and money into an envelope and stick it in the ATM slot. So I never do deposits this way and only use it for checks.. There is no verification like making a deposit at a teller..

So for 7100 deposit they charged you tax and atm fees? something very wrong here..

I am now glad they rejected my account application.. I opened an account and it said if I deposited 11K, I would get a 500 amazon voucher.. They rejected the application and I had to go pick up the money as a DD..

Large peace symbol
Deal Subedar
63
2074
23

Never charged for like this on e-deposits.
Last deposits were 40k,49k,30k,…
Bank – axis : savings

Missing
Deal Cadet
114
242
35

There are supposedly 3 free atm.transactions. i have done more than 3 thats why charged. Looking a way out to get a waiver

0adb54b33378ab05c450d11f8dd0c7be
Deal Cadet
118
966
10
alienteck wrote:

They charged you gst for depositing money into your account?

Thats a new one.. I never knew bank withdrawal and deposits to ones account were considered business transactions between buyer/seller..

Did you try contacting the bank and asking what this is about?

GST is charged on the fees/charges levied by bank.

0adb54b33378ab05c450d11f8dd0c7be
Deal Cadet
118
966
10
preeti.gulati wrote:

There are supposedly 3 free atm.transactions. i have done more than 3 thats why charged. Looking a way out to get a waiver

Meet branch manager and give written application for waiver. Mention that the machine was not accepting larger amount in one go so you had to deposit it multiple times and hope for the best.

Missing
Deal Cadet
58
214
3
BARCODE wrote:

Never charged for like this on e-deposits.
Last deposits were 40k,49k,30k,…
Bank – axis : savings

i think you are referring to FDs. OP is reffering to cash deposit to his savings account.

Large peace symbol
Deal Subedar
63
2074
23
Expand
indiansoul wrote:

i think you are referring to FDs. OP is reffering to cash deposit to his savings account.

I am talking about cash deposits .
But why you think like its FD ?; asking for my knowledge .

Untitled 1
Deal Lieutenant
473
3465
91

WTF is this? Are you talking about depositing money in your own savings bank account via ATM machine?

I just started using my old SBI account and I am not aware of this at all.

Last week when I visited the branch to activate my dormant account, many people came there to deposit money and the teller asked them to go to the nearest ATM/deposit machine. So are they all being charged 150 rs + gst for each deposit transaction? Can anyone explain it to me like i’m five year old?

Screenshot 2019 05 18 10 53 14 876 com.google.android.gm
Deal Cadet
2
754
9
Roushh wrote:

WTF is this? Are you talking about depositing money in your own savings bank account via ATM machine?

I just started using my old SBI account and I am not aware of this at all.

Last week when I visited the branch to activate my dormant account, many people came there to deposit money and the teller asked them to go to the nearest ATM/deposit machine. So are they all being charged 150 rs + gst for each deposit transaction? Can anyone explain it to me like i’m five year old?

SBI charges 25 rs for cash deposit in deposit machine. So I stopped using cash deposit for past 1.5 years.Not sure about recent charges.

Untitled 1
Deal Lieutenant
473
3465
91
Expand
JaiKrish1031 wrote:

SBI charges 25 rs for cash deposit in deposit machine. So I stopped using cash deposit for past 1.5 years.Not sure about recent charges.

For each cash deposit in deposit machine. hushed

Isn’t there suppose to be some free deposits?

Asa
Deal Major
6,507
21558
253
Expand
JaiKrish1031 wrote:

SBI charges 25 rs for cash deposit in deposit machine. So I stopped using cash deposit for past 1.5 years.Not sure about recent charges.

Nothing changed now, same charges

Screenshot 2019 05 18 10 53 14 876 com.google.android.gm
Deal Cadet
2
754
9
Expand
Roushh wrote:

For each cash deposit in deposit machine. hushed

Isn’t there suppose to be some free deposits?

SBI frequently change their charges.
Ya I did a single deposit of 25k a year back they deducted 25 upfront. I am not sure what is the current charges.

Screenshot 2019 05 18 10 53 14 876 com.google.android.gm
Deal Cadet
2
754
9

Always use salary account like hdfc and icici. Almost there will be no charges.

Gslv mkiii x 13
Deal Cadet
95
634
11

Never been charged like this, maybe because I am having salary account need to check.

Zsjpjnd
suspended
0
3626
56
JaiKrish1031 wrote:

It can’t be waived off. In hdfc and icici it is free. But in sbi they charge 25&gst per load. How much you loaded? Do they calculate based on amount loaded?

That is a wrong info.
It is ₹ 25 only if you deposit without ATM-cum-debit card.
if you use ATM-cum-debit card it is free of cost!

Img 20160311 173521
Deal Cadet
163
469
28

SBI loots its customers in this way. I have been charged every time I deposit in my sbi account via deposit machine. SBI clerks force customers to use deposit machines and most customers are unaware of these charges.

Screenshot 2019 05 18 10 53 14 876 com.google.android.gm
Deal Cadet
2
754
9
Expand
161508 wrote:

That is a wrong info.
It is ₹ 25 only if you deposit without ATM-cum-debit card.
if you use ATM-cum-debit card it is free of cost!

How can we check whether we have atm-cum debit card?
I have been charged only 25 at that time gst was not implemented. It 1 and half years back. After that I stopped using sbi for cash load.

Missing
Deal Cadet
64
156
3
Expand
161508 wrote:

That is a wrong info.
It is ₹ 25 only if you deposit without ATM-cum-debit card.
if you use ATM-cum-debit card it is free of cost!

Ya right

Images
Deal Brigadier
67,717
79426
1041

i was told by sbi guy that 1st deposit of the month is free for normal savings account but never tried it.

0adb54b33378ab05c450d11f8dd0c7be
Deal Cadet
118
966
10

Lets not slander sbi

30. c. Cash Deposit on Cash Points (Cash Deposit Machine – CDM & Cash Recyclers)-Anytime Channels
By Debit Card to Card Linked a/c Free
Debit Card to Third Party A/c ₹22/- + GST
Cardless Transactions ₹22/- + GST
SME insta Deposit/ Business Debit Card ₹.22/- + GST

Zsjpjnd
suspended
0
3626
56
Expand
JaiKrish1031 wrote:

How can we check whether we have atm-cum debit card?
I have been charged only 25 at that time gst was not implemented. It 1 and half years back. After that I stopped using sbi for cash load.

It is the ATM card that u get. U should use it for depositing money via CDM.. (i.e. don’t deposit using cardless deposit option)

Missing
Deal Cadet
126
445
16

Get a nationalised bank account (BOB is best imo) low service charges & none of this bs

15359988
Tech Guru
1,451
4166
133
RaviKhanna wrote:

SBI loots its customers in this way. I have been charged every time I deposit in my sbi account via deposit machine. SBI clerks force customers to use deposit machines and most customers are unaware of these charges.

HDFC charges you rs100 to make cash deposits..

15359988
Tech Guru
1,451
4166
133
Expand
161508 wrote:

That is a wrong info.
It is ₹ 25 only if you deposit without ATM-cum-debit card.
if you use ATM-cum-debit card it is free of cost!

I think its also free if you drop the cash with your left hand and you get a free scratch card if you use your left foot.. But the right foot will incur a rs200 service charge and you would have to re deposit it as a right hand drop will incur a rejected transaction..

flushed rolleyes flushed
30741739 1026398597752048 672749568277872640 o
Deal Cadet
113
590
10

Banks installed CDM to ease their work. But we have to pay extra bucks for easing their load. Isn’t this good ethics to earn money?. The kind of incident happened to me a couple of years ago in Indian Bank, total transactions including ATM/ online shall be 100 at most in IB, but I used a lot online, I was charged 1000rs. But that seems kinda logic, where is the logic/ethics in CDM?

Missing