How to install ubuntu along with windows 8 on m...

How to install ubuntu along with windows 8 on my laptop ?

167°
Missing
suspended
0
50
362
4

saw this video : steps look pretty easy

The thing I want to confirm is will my old files on the current windows 8 os stay as it or is there a chance of the getting deleted ???

thanks.

27 Comments  |  
13 Dimers
Shutterstock 1013504321
Deal Lieutenant
2
62
3564
39

BlackMail Back ? https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_eek.gif

Missing
Deal Subedar
0
1
1698
20

It ll dont worry everything ll be safed but follw the instruction clearly

Missing
suspended
0
50
362
4
bluewine wrote:

BlackMail Back ? https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_eek.gif

mai gya hi kb tha https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_rolleyes.gif

Shutterstock 1013504321
Deal Lieutenant
2
62
3564
39
Expand
blackmail wrote:

mai gya hi kb tha https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_rolleyes.gif

ohhh karo Blackmail then

Missing
suspended
0
50
362
4
yourwish wrote:

It ll dont worry everything ll be safed but follw the instruction clearly

are you sure bro ??
I have a huge amount of data that i cannot backup ; don’twant to lose it either

@DealSeeker

Missing
Deal Subedar
0
1
1698
20
Expand
blackmail wrote:

are you sure bro ??
I have a huge amount of data that i cannot backup ; don’twant to lose it either

@DealSeeker

Yes while installing it ll ask to do the format or install..

Missing
Deal Subedar
0
1
1698
20

Why you wish to install ubuntu?

Matrix stickmen
Perfectionist
30
2,278
42799
735
Expand
blackmail wrote:

are you sure bro ??
I have a huge amount of data that i cannot backup ; don’twant to lose it either

@DealSeeker

NEVER make any operating system level changes without being prepared for the worst. Having a backup of all your crucial data is the most basic thing before you embark on such projects. #Experience #MurphysLaw

Missing
suspended
0
50
362
4
yourwish wrote:

Why you wish to install ubuntu?

any version thatcan handle chrome properly
and play movies if possible

the laptop has 4gb ram and an amd e1 processor
still even watching video on 480p is not possible

some fucking services like nsgpuminer.exe shoo up the cpu and memory usage to 100%

Dp
Deal Lieutenant
1
115
3150
41

If there a re two partitions…….say C and D
The partition in which windows is installed ,let it be C.
Then install Ubuntu in D but it will erase every data on D but not necessarily on C.
And if it has 3-4 partitions then keep the remaining files on any other drive and then install ubuntu on any partition.
But the partition on which ubuntu will be installed will be erased conpletely.

Matrix stickmen
Perfectionist
30
2,278
42799
735
Expand
blackmail wrote:

any version thatcan handle chrome properly
and play movies if possible

the laptop has 4gb ram and an amd e1 processor
still even watching video on 480p is not possible

some fucking services like nsgpuminer.exe shoo up the cpu and memory usage to 100%

You are running a GPU miner on your computer and still expect it to perform well with other simultaneous tasks?! https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_lol.gif

You should only run GPU miners when you leave your computer idle.

Missing
Deal Subedar
0
1
1698
20
Expand
blackmail wrote:

any version thatcan handle chrome properly
and play movies if possible

the laptop has 4gb ram and an amd e1 processor
still even watching video on 480p is not possible

some fucking services like nsgpuminer.exe shoo up the cpu and memory usage to 100%

If this is the issue its not going to solve on ubuntu too.yes its a light weight thn windows but not that much it also use a lot of resources.so the perfomance ll be same …once i was in your situation even with a lower configration so not worth

Thumbimgcrop 1438052280907
Deal Subedar
0
155
1322
15

Cannot see the video you shared, but there is an option with ubuntu asking you to choose options to install in which there will be one option in the similar lines of “install along side windows” this option will not remove any of your windows files.
Hope you have gone through the below URL:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WindowsDu...ot

Missing
suspended
0
50
362
4
Expand
DealSeeker wrote:

You are running a GPU miner on your computer and still expect it to perform well with other simultaneous tasks?! https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_lol.gif

You should only run GPU miners when you leave your computer idle.

i did not install any gpu miner
don’t know where it got into the system from
and along with this system 32bit virus

this os looks far from being recoverable and thought of installing ubuntu/linux or anything similar to deal with these issues

Maxresdefault
Deal Major
115
6,772
20206
232

If u are that concerned use wubi installer for installing/uninstalling ubuntu
Although wubi got discontinued long back there are few working ones

Missing
suspended
0
50
362
4
dev007 wrote:

Cannot see the video you shared, but there is an option with ubuntu asking you to choose options to install in which there will be one option in the similar lines of “install along side windows” this option will not remove any of your windows files.
Hope you have gone through the below URL:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WindowsDu...ot

yes but it asks me the partition on which I want to install linux
I have three partitions on the laptop
the c partition on which windows is installed
the d on which one key recovery data is installed
and the largest g drive in which all my data is present

I guess like dealseeker said messing with the partition or installing a new os might corrupt the entire partition

Images %281%29
Deal Lieutenant
24
99
3784
54
Expand
blackmail wrote:

yes but it asks me the partition on which I want to install linux
I have three partitions on the laptop
the c partition on which windows is installed
the d on which one key recovery data is installed
and the largest g drive in which all my data is present

I guess like dealseeker said messing with the partition or installing a new os might corrupt the entire partition

Partion don’t corrupt bro.
Final Tip- Agar tera PC slow h to Format kr de, installing Ubuntu and working on it is seriously pathetic if you are not a part of BACKEND TECH guy

Images %281%29
Deal Lieutenant
24
99
3784
54

@blackmail agar tuzhe spped hi chahiye to XP daal le Dual boot m.

Missing
suspended
0
50
362
4
Expand
typhoon wrote:

Partion don’t corrupt bro.
Final Tip- Agar tera PC slow h to Format kr de, installing Ubuntu and working on it is seriously pathetic if you are not a part of BACKEND TECH guy

Bhai mai completely back endhu
Itna aap soch bhe nhe skte https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_lol.gif

Mujhe sirf chrome chalana or mp3 media player
Shayad ubuntu me tezz chalega low end laptop me
(Amd e1 processor +4gb ram)

Ezgif.com crop %281%29
Deal Lieutenant
16
1,581
3198
26

Don’t worry about your Files. I installed Ubuntu Via Bootable Usb and it made a separate partition for itself. ( It shrinked one of the partitions )
After removing ubuntu my Windows PC has 5 Drives.
Things you’ll love about Ubuntu. https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_wink.gif

  • Faster than any version of Windows.
  • Almost Double Battery Life.
  • No Virus… and many more…
    I removed it because I got tired of Opening Terminal and writing commands every now and then https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif
Missing
Deal Subedar
4
217
2525
25

if you only want to run chrome, why bother with installing ubuntu at all. just make a bootable ubuntu/xubuntu usb pen drive in persistence mode (you will need to make 2 ext3 partitions in the pendrive and name them “home-rw” and “casper-rw” first). install chrome on the bootable instance and enjoy. further, you can also mount the existing windows partitions also in the bootable instance.

Missing
suspended
0
50
362
4
panchabhut wrote:

if you only want to run chrome, why bother with installing ubuntu at all. just make a bootable ubuntu/xubuntu usb pen drive in persistence mode (you will need to make 2 ext3 partitions in the pendrive and name them “home-rw” and “casper-rw” first). install chrome on the bootable instance and enjoy. further, you can also mount the existing windows partitions also in the bootable instance.

but isn’t access time for usb 2. 0 drives much slower than the hard disk

don’t want to bottleneck the dead laptop any further

Missing
Deal Subedar
4
217
2525
25
Expand
blackmail wrote:

but isn’t access time for usb 2. 0 drives much slower than the hard disk
don’t want to bottleneck the dead laptop any further

you got 4GB RAM. Thats far more than needed for xubuntu. Also the so called “services” and bothering .exe and viruses works only in windows and are no longer functional in ubuntu, so full resources will be available. should work perfectly. I run one on i5 with 2 GB RAM only.
booting ubuntu you can also perhaps be successful to locate the annoying virus files are remove them.

Missing
Deal Newbie
0
52
33
0

Instead of ubantu…you can try cent os, which had good GUI and performance & for installation…I suggest you…try dual boot by installing c drive only because of only 1 data drive available. be careful while doing partitions.

Virus5
Deal Cadet
1
12
416
62
Jagadeesh.vj wrote:

Instead of ubantu…you can try cent os, which had good GUI and performance & for installation…I suggest you…try dual boot by installing c drive only because of only 1 data drive available. be careful while doing partitions.

Centos not suggested over Ubuntu for a normal user. It’s a server os and use more resources.

Virus5
Deal Cadet
1
12
416
62
Expand
blackmail wrote:

yes but it asks me the partition on which I want to install linux
I have three partitions on the laptop
the c partition on which windows is installed
the d on which one key recovery data is installed
and the largest g drive in which all my data is present

I guess like dealseeker said messing with the partition or installing a new os might corrupt the entire partition

If you are concerned about the corrupted windows, why using it again?
Don’t go for dual boot. Forget windows, Just format c drive and install fresh Ubuntu there. All data in G drive will be safe.

Missing
Deal Newbie
0
50
20
0

Ubuntu uses different file system you have to format the drive into ext4/ext3 which means whichever drive you chose for Ubuntu installation will no longer show in windows system plus the chosen drive will be formatted.

Missing