ICICI A/c Registered No. Change

ICICI A/c Registered No. Change

43°
Missing
Deal Newbie
50
78
1

Guys how to change registered mobile number in ICICI Savings Account? I tried through ATM. Inserted my debit card in ATM→More Option→Register Mobile No. After doing this within 30 minutes I received a SMS on my new number that
“Dear Customer,Your number is registered for transaction alerts for Account xx4540. To register it for Mobile and Net Banking,call our 24-hour Customer Care.”
But still I’m receiving all the OTP in old number. What to do guys. Bank staff only serving cash deposit/withdrawal.

I opened a ICICI Savings Ac 1 months back today they charge me 177 for Debit Card Annual Maintenance Charge. But all the banks charge Debit Card AMC after 9/10 months of card issuing at year end? Somebody please clarify.

10 Comments  |  
5 Dimers
Missing
Deal Cadet
59
451
6

You will get only transaction status messages on this new number. Call customer care and they will change old number (to new number) for otp/pin/confidential data messages. It takes around 24 hours.
Note: If you want to do some transaction right now, then when you get redirected to 3d secure page, click on phone number not matched (or something similar) message and they will show you another number and otp message will be sent on this number, but only if its already registered with bank.

Missing
Tech Guru
181
1973
104

Wait for 24 hours and needful will be done by super computer

Missing
Deal Newbie
50
78
1
DaBomb wrote:

You will get only transaction status messages on this new number. Call customer care and they will change old number (to new number) for otp/pin/confidential data messages. It takes around 24 hours.
Note: If you want to do some transaction right now, then when you get redirected to 3d secure page, click on phone number not matched (or something similar) message and they will show you another number and otp message will be sent on this number, but only if its already registered with bank.

But customer care executive not available from 23rd March.

Missing
Deal Cadet
59
451
6
Expand
Donald-Trump wrote:

But customer care executive not available from 23rd March.

then you can only do what i told you as temporary solution. You wont get all pin/otp/confidential messages, however 3d secure otp should come. While doing transaction when webpage redirect you to icici 3d secure page, on that wege click on number not matched/found (or something similar) and icici will show you another number (if its registered) and otp will be sent to that number. If it does not work then you cant do anything. just drop a mail to icici customer care.

Missing
Deal Cadet
51
873
10

Ony way to do it fully and properly is to go to the branch. No use of changing in ATM or phonebanking

Missing
Deal Newbie
50
78
1
Expand
DaBomb wrote:

then you can only do what i told you as temporary solution. You wont get all pin/otp/confidential messages, however 3d secure otp should come. While doing transaction when webpage redirect you to icici 3d secure page, on that wege click on number not matched/found (or something similar) and icici will show you another number (if its registered) and otp will be sent to that number. If it does not work then you cant do anything. just drop a mail to icici customer care.

Thanks buddy your trick worked.
Called their debit card blocking number they told me to call their phone banking number after 14th April and they will update my new number no need to visit branch.

Missing
Tech Guru
181
1973
104
Varada wrote:

Ony way to do it fully and properly is to go to the branch. No use of changing in ATM or phonebanking

I always do it through ATM only never visited branch to change number

Missing
Deal Newbie
50
78
1
Expand
drupal wrote:

I always do it through ATM only never visited branch to change number

@drupal Now OTP sms coming to New number. But in internet banking it’s still showing old number. Unable to register in ICICI iMobile,Google Pay,Phonepe with new number. My branch is 20km away from my home and our local police beating people to death if they see anyone in road 😂 so don’t wanna take any risk. Customer care not available till 14th April. don’t know if lockdown will be lifted or extended till 30th April. So I’m stuck now. I emailed them my problem let’s see if they reply or not.

Missing
Tech Guru
181
1973
104
Expand
Donald-Trump wrote:

@drupal Now OTP sms coming to New number. But in internet banking it’s still showing old number. Unable to register in ICICI iMobile,Google Pay,Phonepe with new number. My branch is 20km away from my home and our local police beating people to death if they see anyone in road 😂 so don’t wanna take any risk. Customer care not available till 14th April. don’t know if lockdown will be lifted or extended till 30th April. So I’m stuck now. I emailed them my problem let’s see if they reply or not.

Updating number for NETBANKING is not possible through email,
You can update it through call centre or branch
Visiting home branch is not necessary any ICICI branch will do the job

Missing
Deal Cadet
57
162
3
Expand
Donald-Trump wrote:

@drupal Now OTP sms coming to New number. But in internet banking it’s still showing old number. Unable to register in ICICI iMobile,Google Pay,Phonepe with new number. My branch is 20km away from my home and our local police beating people to death if they see anyone in road 😂 so don’t wanna take any risk. Customer care not available till 14th April. don’t know if lockdown will be lifted or extended till 30th April. So I’m stuck now. I emailed them my problem let’s see if they reply or not.

You can also change your mobile number in ICICI bank by ICICI Atm

Missing