ICICI Regular Savings Account - Question

ICICI Regular Savings Account - Question

259°
Slide2
Deal Cadet
51
485
4

Hi Guys,

I want to open a regular saving account 10k min balance online.
1. Can anyone suggest what is the exact name of this account? There are multiple listed online with confusing names.
2. How long does it take to get it opened?
3. Does anyone visit home for verification?
4. How much time does it take to receive new kit at home?
5. Any risk?

Thanks

58 Comments  |  
15 Dimers
Missing
Deal Cadet
75
509
8

1. Regular Savings Account
3. It only happens if you open acc online & specifically choose this option,I suggest to visit the branch anyway.
5. Same risk as any other scheduled commercial bank aka no risk.

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
257
3311
41

Icici regular savings account.
https://www.icicibank.com/Personal-Banking/acco...

One agent ll come to your home to open account and ll give you account kit.

Becarefull agent ll force you to take higher varient of savings account and ll try to sell expression debit card.. just deny everything.

Slide2
Deal Cadet
51
485
4
Simbha3 wrote:

Icici regular savings account.
https://www.icicibank.com/Personal-Banking/acco...

One agent ll come to your home to open account and ll give you account kit.

Becarefull agent ll force you to take higher varient of savings account and ll try to sell expression debit card.. just deny everything.

When i Click apply now on the link, it takes me to Insta Save Account. It comes with Platinum Visa Debit Card.
Is that correct?
@rogerthat anything to add?

Missing
Deal Cadet
75
509
8

Insta save acc is same as regular savings acc,only difference being you can apply only online for this insta acc. I still suggest to visit the nearby icici branch,it is always recommended to take a look at the branch in which you are opening an account.

Slide2
Deal Cadet
51
485
4
guest_999 wrote:

Insta save acc is same as regular savings acc,only difference being you can apply only online for this insta acc. I still suggest to visit the nearby icici branch,it is always recommended to take a look at the branch in which you are opening an account.

I would have done that but these days I don’t find many reasons to go to branch. I haven’t visited my hdfc branch in last 5 years even once. Everything can be done either online or via non-home branch.
Additionally, Monday to Friday I’m at office during Bank hours. Only Saturday is free.
Other than this, are there any risk involved applying online?

Roger federer photos 9 150x150
Deal Subedar
111
1696
47
Expand
cocay wrote:

When i Click apply now on the link, it takes me to Insta Save Account. It comes with Platinum Visa Debit Card.
Is that correct?
@rogerthat anything to add?

i have cc if ICICI but not account

i am getting instant online account option with minimum balance of rs.10000 .
no idea apart from that.

better open account through Branch

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
257
3311
41
Expand
cocay wrote:

When i Click apply now on the link, it takes me to Insta Save Account. It comes with Platinum Visa Debit Card.
Is that correct?
@rogerthat anything to add?

yes same thing. it just online applcation not instant account opening someone ll come to verify your kyc.

Cropped3574287856799284837
Deal Cadet
56
197
1

Dont open online account. Just visit icici bank and ask then I just do the same they give me a offer that if i open a account by giving 50k cheque then it will be zero balance saving account for lifetime

Slide2
Deal Cadet
51
485
4
ayushh03 wrote:

Dont open online account. Just visit icici bank and ask then I just do the same they give me a offer that if i open a account by giving 50k cheque then it will be zero balance saving account for lifetime

So did you give 50k cheque and did they actually made it zero balance? I think this a trick they employ to get higher seed money. Eventually they make it 10k min balance only.

Cropped3574287856799284837
Deal Cadet
56
197
1
Expand
cocay wrote:

So did you give 50k cheque and did they actually made it zero balance? I think this a trick they employ to get higher seed money. Eventually they make it 10k min balance only.

I have confirmed the same from cc

Cropped3574287856799284837
Deal Cadet
56
197
1
Expand
cocay wrote:

So did you give 50k cheque and did they actually made it zero balance? I think this a trick they employ to get higher seed money. Eventually they make it 10k min balance only.

I can show you proof

Cropped8790936622552152970
Deal Major
6,701
22269
270
Expand
cocay wrote:

So did you give 50k cheque and did they actually made it zero balance? I think this a trick they employ to get higher seed money. Eventually they make it 10k min balance only.

Possible
Seen similar Initial funding offers for zero balance account

Cropped3574287856799284837
Deal Cadet
56
197
1
Expand
cocay wrote:

So did you give 50k cheque and did they actually made it zero balance? I think this a trick they employ to get higher seed money. Eventually they make it 10k min balance only.


https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/605005/original/20200211_201500.jpg?1581432342

Cropped2475192078258808347
Deal Newbie
107
158
3

1.Regular Savings Account,
2.Account along with internet banking and phone banking will be ready within 2 working days,
3.Better go to branch and open as it will be faster this way,
4.Everything ICICI sends via Bluedart courier will reach you within 2 days (if you are residing in metro cities),
5. No risks, Flexible and Hassle Free.

Some branch agents will act over smart and insist that they will fill your application and tick all nonsense options. Do not take Expressions card. Coral card (499+gst) will be advantageous if you watch movies at least once in a month.

Missing
Deal Cadet
75
509
8
Expand
cocay wrote:

I would have done that but these days I don’t find many reasons to go to branch. I haven’t visited my hdfc branch in last 5 years even once. Everything can be done either online or via non-home branch.
Additionally, Monday to Friday I’m at office during Bank hours. Only Saturday is free.
Other than this, are there any risk involved applying online?

You can go on working Saturday for banks(1st & 3rd saturday of the month). Offline acc opening has some advantages like some customised offer(as someone else mentioned above) or may be talk with branch manager for some time & he may recommend you for some future promotional credit card offer finding you a good customer etc.

Missing
Deal Cadet
91
152
3

Always visit branch to open an account as you can talk to a person and get customized offers etc. but you cannot talk/negotiate with a machine.

I was trying to get yes first credit card before the devaluation few years back when it was actually good. i visited branch and they asked to open a Yes first account with 5L initial funding first, but when i denied they came down to 1L initial funding since it was EOM and they had to fulfill some quota.

In the end, i didn’t end up opening the account as it was not beneficial much just to get a credit card, although i did get the CC later but that’s a topic for another discussion.
so always visit bank , negotiate with people or talk to BM. you will get a better deal and get it processed much faster than applying online.

Slide2
Deal Cadet
51
485
4
Expand
ayushh03 wrote:

I can show you proof

There was no need for proof man. I was just asking to confirm.
Thanks anyway

Cropped3574287856799284837
Deal Cadet
56
197
1
Expand
cocay wrote:

There was no need for proof man. I was just asking to confirm.
Thanks anyway

Your Welcome

Slide2
Deal Cadet
51
485
4
Expand
guest_999 wrote:

You can go on working Saturday for banks(1st & 3rd saturday of the month). Offline acc opening has some advantages like some customised offer(as someone else mentioned above) or may be talk with branch manager for some time & he may recommend you for some future promotional credit card offer finding you a good customer etc.

Will try on 15 feb. This will be 3rd. Hope they are working that day…

Slide2
Deal Cadet
51
485
4
kiran1bk wrote:

1.Regular Savings Account,
2.Account along with internet banking and phone banking will be ready within 2 working days,
3.Better go to branch and open as it will be faster this way,
4.Everything ICICI sends via Bluedart courier will reach you within 2 days (if you are residing in metro cities),
5. No risks, Flexible and Hassle Free.

Some branch agents will act over smart and insist that they will fill your application and tick all nonsense options. Do not take Expressions card. Coral card (499+gst) will be advantageous if you watch movies at least once in a month.

@raj7254
@ayushh03
Do you know what all documents they ask, in Xerox and in Original?

Actually, I need this account for salary transfer. The ICICI guy had come to my office today and he wanted to scan the original aadhaar for account opening even though last week he had confirmed a Xerox of aadhaar and pan is sufficient. Don’t know what changed in a week that now he wants scanned soft copy and refused the Xerox I was carrying. I find something fishy. He would have opened zero balance salary account.

Since i don’t want any other benefits of a salary account, I’m okay opening a regular savings.

Cropped3574287856799284837
Deal Cadet
56
197
1
Expand
cocay wrote:

@raj7254
@ayushh03
Do you know what all documents they ask, in Xerox and in Original?

Actually, I need this account for salary transfer. The ICICI guy had come to my office today and he wanted to scan the original aadhaar for account opening even though last week he had confirmed a Xerox of aadhaar and pan is sufficient. Don’t know what changed in a week that now he wants scanned soft copy and refused the Xerox I was carrying. I find something fishy. He would have opened zero balance salary account.

Since i don’t want any other benefits of a salary account, I’m okay opening a regular savings.

May be he is new. But they will only scan the original documents

Slide2
Deal Cadet
51
485
4
Expand
ayushh03 wrote:

May be he is new. But they will only scan the original documents

That’s strange. What happened to ekyc? Do they do fingerprint verification at branch?

Missing
Deal Cadet
91
152
3
Expand
cocay wrote:

@raj7254
@ayushh03
Do you know what all documents they ask, in Xerox and in Original?

Actually, I need this account for salary transfer. The ICICI guy had come to my office today and he wanted to scan the original aadhaar for account opening even though last week he had confirmed a Xerox of aadhaar and pan is sufficient. Don’t know what changed in a week that now he wants scanned soft copy and refused the Xerox I was carrying. I find something fishy. He would have opened zero balance salary account.

Since i don’t want any other benefits of a salary account, I’m okay opening a regular savings.

now no xerox docs required. they just take a scan of your original aadhar and pan and issue the kit instantly if they have insta kits available (which almost all branches have). if not it will reach your home in 2 days via bluedart.

if you have not yet decided on the bank, go with HDFC. best bank imo. you can do almost everything from their netbanking.

they have regular savig a/c with 10k min bal, savingMax account with 25k min bal and sal account with zero balance.
i emphasize again to visit nearby hdfc bank branch (or any other bank you decide) and check with them, don’t get stuck with agents who visit your place to take docs to open accounts.

Slide2
Deal Cadet
51
485
4
Expand
raj7254 wrote:

now no xerox docs required. they just take a scan of your original aadhar and pan and issue the kit instantly if they have insta kits available (which almost all branches have). if not it will reach your home in 2 days via bluedart.

if you have not yet decided on the bank, go with HDFC. best bank imo. you can do almost everything from their netbanking.

they have regular savig a/c with 10k min bal, savingMax account with 25k min bal and sal account with zero balance.
i emphasize again to visit nearby hdfc bank branch (or any other bank you decide) and check with them, don’t get stuck with agents who visit your place to take docs to open accounts.

I already have an HDFC since 15 years. The company wants only ICICI for salary transfer. Dumb people. I don’t know why can’t they just transfer to hdfc. So many companies these days do so.

Slide2
Deal Cadet
51
485
4
guest_999 wrote:

ekyc/fingerprint verification is mandatorily required only for those acc which are 100% online(dbs digibank,kotak 811,axis asap). Ask them if they accept scanned copy of aadhaar printout with masked number. https://www.uidai.gov.in/283-faqs/aadhaar-onlin...

Asked, they only need scanned copy of aadhaar and pan. I carried Xerox of both but they refused. They won’t take masked either. Their primary interest is not in address verification, it is in the aadhaar number.

Missing
Deal Cadet
91
152
3
Expand
cocay wrote:

Asked, they only need scanned copy of aadhaar and pan. I carried Xerox of both but they refused. They won’t take masked either. Their primary interest is not in address verification, it is in the aadhaar number.

yes, there is no physical address verification. they just take aadhar number and do fingerprint verification online then and there. once it is done, they will open account and give you insta kit.

Missing
Deal Cadet
91
152
3
Expand
cocay wrote:

I already have an HDFC since 15 years. The company wants only ICICI for salary transfer. Dumb people. I don’t know why can’t they just transfer to hdfc. So many companies these days do so.

oh i see, seems strange if they only want ICICI.

Slide2
Deal Cadet
51
485
4
Expand
raj7254 wrote:

yes, there is no physical address verification. they just take aadhar number and do fingerprint verification online then and there. once it is done, they will open account and give you insta kit.

The agents at my office didn’t have a fingerprint verification kit. That’s why they insisted i let them scan the original

Missing