Hotness [Alert] Major issue in Refunds via UPI mode , e...

Hot Deal [Alert] Major issue in Refunds via UPI mode , even payment gateway is clueless .

1281°
Independence day15
Blogger
0
4103
54

First of all to inform you if you are doing payments with UPI then you can understand this issue better .
also here i am talking about only merchant payment not transferring to another person .
whenever we do pay by UPI to merchants by entering our virtual payment address it asks to approve that payment on UPI app (bhim,phonepe etc) and when we approve that it get paid to that merchant .
but have you faced any one of these issues -
1. money debited from bank via UPI but transaction not completed or say stucked/failed .
2. if merchant cancel any order and do refund back to source , but refund not get back even after almost 2 weeks . Bcoz in UPI refunds should be faster than cards .
i faced both of these issues – in 1st case on paytm it got stucked but money debited and on bhim app showing transferred to vpa – [email protected] , paytm told that they not received it . in 2nd case after order cancellation payment gateway refunded the money back to source but not received it 2 weeks gone , even payment gateway was helpless on this and told they have refunded it already , their CEO also shared 1 news article of medianama (www.medianama.com/2017/01/223-upi-r...ds) on the same issue .
in both cases 1 thing to notice is that both Virtual address were [email protected] in last it mean bank is same for both . so might be it is fault of ICICI too .
also mailed to my bank they told no refund issued yet on those transactions .
at last when i saw above medianama article i found that many people faced this and in 1 screenshot 1 payment gateway ceo told there is no api calls for refund and only option to refund they contact their banks to process it , then yday i mailed to NPCI to check it bcoz its not only about me , all other people will be suffered bcoz of this .

if any of you faced this then you can share it here .
Also if any one who got refund successfully in UPI case then plz share your experience .

62 Comments  |  
27 Dimers
Independence day15
Blogger
0
4103
54

imp point of Medianama article , source – www.medianama.com/2017/01/223-upi-r...ds

"" Speaking to MediaNama, a CEO of payment gateway requesting anonymity, confirmed some of the issues raised in Swain’s tweet. The source added that their gateway gets around 1,000 requests a day for refunds on the UPI. “And now we are doing 2000-3000 UPI transactions a day,” he added. “ Refunds in UPI is becoming a hassle. We are expecting things to become more easier once banks come up with their refund APIs.”

“The refunds are not streamlined on the UPI right now. The only mechanism for this was a batch file system. You send a batch of refund requests to the bank. The bank would process the file and then that’s it. The banks won’t even confirm whether the refunds was being processed or not,” the source said.

The source also mentioned that right now there are no arbitration guidelines in place for banks which are sending a payment out and a bank which is receiving a payment on the UPI. ""

.
.
.

.

.
.
.

1 more confusion on this UPI mode , as paytm has a VPA[email protected] , so medianama did an experiment . see below -

"" As an experiment, I also tried sending directly to [email protected] using UPI from PhonePe, without initiating a link for receiving money from the Paytm app. If this worked, it would reduce a significant amount of friction, in terms of number of steps for loading money into Paytm. While the payment was confirmed via an SMS from ICICI Bank and PhonePe, the amount has still not been reflected in the wallet. I’ll update if it does, but if it doesn’t, because Paytm isn’t able to identify the recipient, I’m wondering about what happens to this money. "" source – www.medianama.com/2017/01/223-paytm-upi-l...ng
. and this is real you can do it too money will be sent but nothing in return . bcoz if we transfer any money to any person by mistake then they might not give us , but in case of companies or bank if we do the same to bank or paytm then how they will treat this money and how they will show this in their financial accounts , bcoz this is not legit money . totally confusion .

Images
Deal Brigadier
72,245
83063
1121
Mirror wrote:

@A2Zdeals @enapster @raghupro @rajrocks @DealSeeker @ranjithsai01 @BatraJi @Alpha.Barood @Plato

guys your experience ?? if you faced such things for refund in UPI mode .

bro, the for the tag. didn’t face any such issue yet. but this guys are really screwing indians by launching half baked product.

Independence day15
Blogger
0
4103
54
Expand
rajrocks wrote:

bro, the for the tag. didn’t face any such issue yet. but this guys are really screwing indians by launching half baked product.

you mean – your refund was processed successfully ?? or no refund initiated in you case yet ??
.
as of now can’t say whose fault is this it can be payment gateway or Merchant’s bank or NPCI or customer’s bank or UPI app . so i mailed COO & VP of NPCI and they also forwarded this to UPI department within 5-6 hours and their dept too mailed that they will look it on priority basis . that’s why asking if any one faced such issue or it is common like other modes , so that i can forward it to them as feedback .

Temper ntr%282%29
Deal Subedar
167
1182
30

I facing issue with my bank i done 31th Jan in paytm with icici upi and icici saying that money was successfully credited to paytm. And paytm .saying we didn’t received any money and also saying if you want go for charge back also

Now what should I do now

Images
Entertainer
45
34809
352

I have not tried this. Even if I had I really don’t remember.

Gangster logo gangster members 31626812 240 280
Deal Subedar
13
2241
70

A kind of incident also happened with me.
Someone tried transferring 2000 rs to me at [email protected]
Now , the problem came coz that was not my vpa.
Only similarity was we shared the same name and the payer had sent 2000 to that person , mistaking him as me.

I went to bank to inquire, n bank girl was so dumb that she replied to me – sir, dont worry , your amount is safe, its in Modi’s account.

I said what ?

She said yes sir, this has happened with many n the account in which it has gone has got 14 crores rs deposited today ( all by people by mistake)

N that answer made me feel that upi is a very ambiguous and tardy matter to deal with and yes its a half baked product with no grievance cell or customer care available.

This anonymity thing in vpa had infact made the things difficult for genuine customers and boon to money launderers.

Missing
Deal Subedar
113
2550
28

Once the payment is struck there is an issue still even with CC and DC so how can you believe UPI will work successfully ever. And this problem is specific to Our Country elsewhere payments are tracked properly and refunded within 24-48 so its the thing which these financial institutions need to work before going to any other technology. But we live in a paradox state where we just want to believe in “Everything Will Work”. Yes everything will work but not every time not for every one. What if a person who has never used a DC or CC is looted or his transaction fails isn’t the financial institution breaking trust and usability. Is that person ever gonna use the thing again NO. I have lost hope in the present technologies developed by NIC or any other government org. Private wallets are still best with handling money and keeping the system up to the mark.

Images
Deal Brigadier
72,245
83063
1121
Expand
Mirror wrote:

you mean – your refund was processed successfully ?? or no refund initiated in you case yet ??
.
as of now can’t say whose fault is this it can be payment gateway or Merchant’s bank or NPCI or customer’s bank or UPI app . so i mailed COO & VP of NPCI and they also forwarded this to UPI department within 5-6 hours and their dept too mailed that they will look it on priority basis . that’s why asking if any one faced such issue or it is common like other modes , so that i can forward it to them as feedback .

no refund initiated.

Images
Deal Brigadier
72,245
83063
1121
thinktank wrote:

Once the payment is struck there is an issue still even with CC and DC so how can you believe UPI will work successfully ever. And this problem is specific to Our Country elsewhere payments are tracked properly and refunded within 24-48 so its the thing which these financial institutions need to work before going to any other technology. But we live in a paradox state where we just want to believe in “Everything Works”. Yes everything works but not every time not for every one. What if a person who has never used a DC or CC is looted or his transaction fails isn’t the financial institution breaking trust and usability. Is that person ever gonna use the thing again NO. I have lost hope in the present technologies developed by NIC or any other government org. Private wallets are still best with handling money and keeping the system up to the mark.

i guess u meant “Everything Will Work”. https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

Missing
Deal Subedar
113
2550
28
Expand
rajrocks wrote:

i guess u meant “Everything Will Work”. https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

Updated bro. TY

My paradox now is “Everything Will Suck” sooner or later. https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_biggrin.gif

A2z1
Community Angel
418
34688
454

I shared similar content few days back regarding refund issues with UPI
Despite using same payment transmission methods (imps) they are facing issues then there are definitely issues with ui / vpa system
They launched neft, it worked well
They launched imps with just MMID, it worked well
They recrafted imps into UPI via VPA, failed transactions are issue
This suggests they have interconnect issues & proper payment processing setup is not in place
Similar to any failed transaction, UPI transaction also must be tracked properly but seems they made it more complex & dint put proper framework in place

@goyal.dkg
My transactions dint fail

People even faced problems while loading into UPI wallets (PhonePe)
@Achilles please let us know how much time did it take for your loading failed issue & which party helped you get correct status

Independence day15
Blogger
0
4103
54

As I expected by few comments this issue really exist in UPI and still no one confirmed he/she got refund within timeframe .
If any of you want to raise your disputes and do not get refund even after enough wait 7-10 days then tweet to @upi_npci and mail direct to product manager . in my case i am in touch with all 4 concerned parties . so that I get idea what is main issue and what exactly going on behind the scenes .

Independence day15
Blogger
0
4103
54
A2Zdeals wrote:

@Achilles please let us know how much time did it take for your loading failed issue & which party helped you get correct status

@Achilles plz comment about your experience on refund part .

Tumblr nfaqajuvfr1tgz4rco1 500
Deal Captain
0
8112
89

Never tried UPI as I have been hearing complaints about it since launch. I tried making a transfer in the initial days but it was throwing some arbitrary error so never really went back to this payment method again.

Thumbimgcrop 1460466999272
Shopping Friend
443
9566
128

Recharge txn failed at PhonePe and they confirmed very next that refund intiated from their to my ICICI Bank account

Thumbimgcrop 1460466999272
Shopping Friend
443
9566
128
esakkiraja wrote:

Recharge txn failed at PhonePe and they confirmed very next that refund intiated from their to my ICICI Bank account

More then 35 days, I didn’t received the refund, escalated with both, Everytime they took bank statement from me, and after 60 days, PhonePe manually credited the amount in bank account.

Don’t know , who is the culprit here.

Ros
Deal Cadet
88
825
5
Mirror wrote:

As I expected by few comments this issue really exist in UPI and still no one confirmed he/she got refund within timeframe .
If any of you want to raise your disputes and do not get refund even after enough wait 7-10 days then tweet to @upi_npci and mail direct to product manager . in my case i am in touch with all 4 concerned parties . so that I get idea what is main issue and what exactly going on behind the scenes .

Please do share when you come to know about Behind the scenes .

I too never tried VPA…It seemed risky right from the start https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_biggrin.gif

Images %281%29
Deal Subedar
227
2550
21

Me on the same boat stucked 2k with phonepe … Statement shows refunded to card number but nothing is credited there https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_sad.gif

Independence day15
Blogger
0
4103
54
Augustus wrote:

Me on the same boat stucked 2k with phonepe … Statement shows refunded to card number but nothing is credited there https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_sad.gif

Have you not raised the same with phone pe ? And how many days passed ?

Clj ysswgaac6so
Deal Subedar
208
2874
54

Snapdeal cancelled order worth 400 payment made using upi 4 days ago :O

Images %281%29
Deal Subedar
227
2550
21
Expand
Mirror wrote:

Have you not raised the same with phone pe ? And how many days passed ?

Till now haven’t raised any complaint as I am having a thought that they will credit me within some days….But after reading whole chat…I have to do it straight away….

Just 2 days ago

Independence day15
Blogger
0
4103
54
Expand
Augustus wrote:

Till now haven’t raised any complaint as I am having a thought that they will credit me within some days….But after reading whole chat…I have to do it straight away….

Just 2 days ago

you may do but problem is when you do complaint then merchant / bank will ask to wait for 5-7 working days .

Images %281%29
Deal Subedar
227
2550
21
Expand
Mirror wrote:

you may do but problem is when you do complaint then merchant / bank will ask to wait for 5-7 working days .

I am going to ask phonepe only …As I think money is not released from their end to my source……Let’s see what they have to say…..

Contacting my bank/source of money should not be a good idea ….I think so

Img 20141011 wa0002
Deal Cadet
60
302
6

I’ve received refund in 2 days. ICICI UPI handle, and refund from Paytm UPI which is also ICICI

Independence day15
Blogger
0
4103
54

update -
after mail to NPCI , got refund on 21st feb for order cancelled on 9th feb and refund initiated on 10th feb .
but no refund of loading paytm wallet transaction which was failed but money debited on 14th feb .
also they did refund after mail but yet explanation for delay not received yet for 1st case , and yet i did not tell them that i got only 1 refund . bcoz i want to wait for more days to check when they refund paytm transaction automatically .

Missing
Deal Newbie
94
20
2

Even I didn’t get refund of 4k for three transactions from myntra. I mailed my bank, they are asking to contact merchant, phonepe is telling it will take 8 days. What to do?

Independence day15
Blogger
0
4103
54
inset6807156 wrote:

Even I didn’t get refund of 4k for three transactions from myntra. I mailed my bank, they are asking to contact merchant, phonepe is telling it will take 8 days. What to do?

bro for any refund you have to wait at least 5-7 working days , any action can be taken later only . if you dont get that then check your bank site there will be different levels of contacting your bank from normal CC to Bank ombudsman .
1 thing is sure you will get your refund , if needed then mail to NPCI .

Images %281%29
Deal Subedar
227
2550
21
inset6807156 wrote:

Even I didn’t get refund of 4k for three transactions from myntra. I mailed my bank, they are asking to contact merchant, phonepe is telling it will take 8 days. What to do?

do tag me when you get your refund from myntra https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_sad.gif

Missing