India post charging almost 65% custom duty on p...

India post charging almost 65% custom duty on package from Hong Kong

755°
Surf240x320
Deal Subedar
8
408
1476
83

Hi,

Need a little help from dimers who have imported goods from China or Hong Kong via ebay.com, I have recently purchased Spy Glasses from ebay.com, seller was from HK and he sent the product via 4px which is HK post. I have payed $39.75 i.e Rs.2577 for the product. I got a call from post office that the product has incurred customs duty which I have to pay to get the product. When I visited post office I was told to pay Rs.1660 as customs duty and Rs.30 as handling charges. I was told to pay total of Rs.1690 which is about 65% of the total cost of the product which was mentioned on the package also. When I searched online I came to know that maximum customs duty that can be applied on electronics product is 40% which in my case would be Rs.1030. I asked them for custom clearance receipt but came to know that India post have their own clearance system so I will be getting postal receipt which has Rs.1660+30 written on it by hand. I spoke with the post master but he told me that he cannot do anything and I have to pay the amount within next four days or they will send back the product. I am really confused and worried as even the seller isn’t replying to my mails. I don’t know what to do or who to contact as the people at post office are really rude and helpless they just don’t care.

22 Comments  |  
13 Dimers
200w d
Tech Guru
44
0
17488
326

Where is your package stuck at ? Also was your package not marked as gift or a sample ? Generally vendors from China mainland mark the items as gift to sail through from the customs ? Also was registered shipping used (with tracking numbers) or just simple unregistered post ?

Hamster
Entertainer
7
1,866
13864
345

did you try to contact custom department when shipment didn’t reach you?

1522259733080
Shopping Friend
0
303
4092
152

same thing happening with me.

HK ebay parcels getting delivered after 2 months instead of 25 days.

plus a $10 declared camera sling strap was charged Rs.148 customs duty cum handling charge.

All 1 foreign 0 ap 2492674f
Analyst
40
72
18195
249

whar r these spy glasses..?

BTW they have their own assesment of actual product cost so printed MRP dsnt matter..

Hamster
Entertainer
7
1,866
13864
345
rajdesidime wrote:

whar r these spy glasses..?

BTW they have their own assesment of actual product cost so printed MRP dsnt matter..


kejriwal ne phone pe bola hoga sting karo uske liye mangaya hai shayad. https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

Hamster
Entertainer
7
1,866
13864
345

most possible high custom happens if someone start bothering those guys. you get your item on time but charged heavily. or if seller has not given details of item inside in declaration form. anyways they have own assessment so accept the parcel and fight later.

Hamster
Entertainer
7
1,866
13864
345
dharmanath481 wrote:

same thing happening with me.

HK ebay parcels getting delivered after 2 months instead of 25 days.

plus a $10 declared camera sling strap was charged Rs.148 customs duty cum handling charge.


i got android pc after 2 months with custom tag of 177. dakia was in hurry may be for items he already grabbed which never got delivered to me so gave me packet. i even asked him there is duty na which he said pata nahi hogi to le jaunga and ran away https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

All 1 foreign 0 ap 2492674f
Analyst
40
72
18195
249
marketdimer wrote:

rajdesidime wrote:

whar r these spy glasses..?

BTW they have their own assesment of actual product cost so printed MRP dsnt matter..


kejriwal ne phone pe bola hoga sting karo uske liye mangaya hai shayad. https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif


arey arey arey yeh kya hua….

this might be ur 1st political post where u didnt used ur favourite word—SANGHI..:-P

All 1 foreign 0 ap 2492674f
Analyst
40
72
18195
249

lol this is wat i could search

Quick Overview

They may look like regular sunglasses, but Spy Net Rearview Spy Glasses are like having eyes on the back of your head!

Special spy lenses let you see what’s going on behind you – without anyone knowing!
Hamster
Entertainer
7
1,866
13864
345
rajdesidime wrote:

marketdimer wrote:

rajdesidime wrote:

whar r these spy glasses..?

BTW they have their own assesment of actual product cost so printed MRP dsnt matter..


kejriwal ne phone pe bola hoga sting karo uske liye mangaya hai shayad. https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif


arey arey arey yeh kya hua….

this might be ur 1st political post where u didnt used ur favourite word—SANGHI..:-P


well double standards also show when someone don’t target hi.asatya https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

Surf240x320
Deal Subedar
8
408
1476
83
akshat2912 wrote:

Where is your package stuck at ? Also was your package not marked as gift or a sample ? Generally vendors from China mainland mark the items as gift to sail through from the customs ? Also was registered shipping used (with tracking numbers) or just simple unregistered post ?


My package is stuck at the post office it took almost 30 days for the package to reach the post office. Package was not marked as a gift or sample and yes it was registered and I was able to track the package on en.4px.cc with tracking No. provided by the seller.

marketdimer wrote:

did you try to contact custom department when shipment didn’t reach you?


No, as I got a call today itself and I don’t know how to contact customs department, If you know how to contact them please give me the details.

rajdesidime wrote:

whar r these spy glasses..?

BTW they have their own assesment of actual product cost so printed MRP dsnt matter..


Link – http://www.ebay.com/itm/310785849083?ssPageName...

marketdimer wrote:

most possible high custom happens if someone start bothering those guys. you get your item on time but charged heavily. or if seller has not given details of item inside in declaration form. anyways they have own assessment so accept the parcel and fight later.


I haven’t contacted customs or post office before this so I haven’t bothered them still have got high customs duty https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_sad.gif

Kiran
Deal Subedar
3
477
1852
94

It is normal for post office to collect custom charges, I am not sure if they have any difference in pricing tough,

I ordered this today morning from seller in china. Not sure how much I get dented

http://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=331106...15

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/301679/medium/1369729-1480983029_7.JPG?1480983029

328852
Deal Captain
14
75
13040
223

Why You Order From Outside It’s Available In India Same Price https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_sad.gif

Btw Ask Postoffice People For Custom Duty Rate Table How Much They Charge On Diff Products

328852
Deal Captain
14
75
13040
223

Maximum Custom Duty 1k If Your Product Cost cost 3k So It Will Be 33% Around

All 1 foreign 0 ap 2492674f
Analyst
40
72
18195
249
marketdimer wrote:

rajdesidime wrote:

marketdimer wrote:

rajdesidime wrote:

whar r these spy glasses..?

BTW they have their own assesment of actual product cost so printed MRP dsnt matter..


kejriwal ne phone pe bola hoga sting karo uske liye mangaya hai shayad. https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif


arey arey arey yeh kya hua….

this might be ur 1st political post where u didnt used ur favourite word—SANGHI..:-P


well double standards also show when someone don’t target hi.asatya https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

ironically not…when did i said no one can copy paste? SOMETIMES. every1 does..
but heres a guy who bumps every thread -makes new thread every 3-4 days – not that i need to say all this
- but an addicted ( of idology (of corruption))will find a way to firm his attitude…typical self affirmative behaviour..

Water is essential — but excess is harmfull…??

Film festival 9828
Deal Subedar
0
128
2456
39

You can send it back for re-evaluation with eBay invoice but 90% chances are that your package will be lost. They will say that it has been sent back to china etc etc.

The better option is to go to customs office if it is nearby with ebay invoice.

The best option is to accept it and pay custom duty. (Try bribe if that works or do what i did once – i misplaced the slip while standing in the office and they didn’t have any other slip where price was mentioned https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_lol.gif . I went back to collect the parcel when another person was on duty and got the parcel without taxes)

Missing
Deal Newbie
0
50
20
0

hi..i have imported a laptop battery which costs 45.98$ and i bought it from ebay, from a chinese seller. i have never imported anything before but this was important to me, and it was not available in india, so i had to import it.

so after reading the topic, i assume that you will have to pay the customs duty first and then they will send it to your address? or you will have to pay to the courier guy when he reaches your address with the item?

the seller isn’t replying to me, so i don’t know if he’ll send it as a gift or not. the only thing he has mentioned under the “shipping details” is that it will be sent via “air mail”. i don’t know what does that means. any idea if it will be sent via indian registered post or a premium courier like fed ex or blue dart etc?

by the way, will i have to visit the local post office, or the customs office( i am from odisha; i don’t think that there’s a customs office here) to collect the item?

Avatar
Deal Subedar
0
71
1606
26

i bought from aliexpress, not paid any customs till now..
all the products are delivered by post man (india post) and not asked any customs..

so buy from aliexpress,it take 22-25 days to daliver the product, but they will reach for sure, 100 % trusted site https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif

Offtopic:
choose free shipping product by china post or china airmail, so it will be delivered by post man, no customs charge, as they’re delivered as Gift (tick mark)

Missing
Deal Newbie
0
50
20
0

I purchased medicine from USA.. they send me via DHL express to India.
The medicine cost RS 500approx while DHL taking 1100rs import charges including 500rs for DHL clearing service which they never mentioned earlier.

Missing
Deal Cadet
0
53
201
4
desibuddy wrote:

i bought from aliexpress, not paid any customs till now..
all the products are delivered by post man (india post) and not asked any customs..

so buy from aliexpress,it take 22-25 days to daliver the product, but they will reach for sure, 100 % trusted site https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif

Offtopic:
choose free shipping product by china post or china airmail, so it will be delivered by post man, no customs charge, as they’re delivered as Gift (tick mark)

What is the max cost of items that you’ve purchased from Aliexpress?

Missing
Deal Newbie
0
50
20
0

Me too imported many items through AliExpress…never paid any custom for items upto 2000 through China post…two items costing 10000 and 4000 was delivered through FedEx and DHL custom charge paid by carrier on my behalf…and later I paid to them while delivery…. process was simple…

Missing
Deal Newbie
0
50
20
0

how do you call customs office

Missing