Jio to withdraw Rs 399 plan next week & launches two new plans at Rs 295 & 449

257°
Finance Ninja
abhishek012

Jio to withdraw Rs 399 plan next week & launches two new plans at Rs 295 & 449

Most customers of Reliance Jio, the country’s largest telecom operator by volumes, will not be able to get the 84GB-for-399 plan starting next month, the company’s deputy chief financial officer V Srikant said.

Reliance Jio is all set to announce two new tariff plans this week, and both will offer 1.2 GB per day instead of the 1 GB per day that users currently get. Validity will remain at 84 days.

The plans will be listed on the company’s website this week.

It will also introduce a Rs 38 pack for JioFi users who want to use the device for making calls to other Jio users.

However, for the broader audience, the plans of interest are 295 and 449.

They are both modelled after the successful Rs 399 plan that the company brought out three months ago under its Dhan Dhana Dhan offer.

However, the key difference is in terms of data allocation: Instead of 1 GB, it will be 1.2 GB.

Because of the same, the 399 plan has now been converted, for all practical purposes, to the 449 plan. In other words, the price has gone up by 12.5% and the data allocation has been increased by 20%.

However, that is not the only news.

The second plan, Rs 295, also gives 1.2 GB per day for 84 days, but there’s a crucial difference: It doesn’t contain free voice calls to any number in India.

Instead, under the 295 scheme, free calls are restricted to other Jio numbers. However, users can use top-up recharges to get free call facility on this scheme as well, but that will make it just like the Jio 449 plan.

The 295 pack is aimed at those who are using their Jio connections primarily for data, and will also appeal to dongle users.
However, for the majority of customers who use their SIMs to make outgoing calls as well, it will be the Rs 449 plan that will be their most viable option from now.

By making it so, the new operator has ensured that it will get at least Rs 150 per month from its regular customers, up from Rs 133.

31 Comments  |  
16 Dimers
  • Sort By
Generous Generous
Link Copied

Source?
If it’s real then I’ll sure do 296 for my jiofi from now on.

Pro Entertainer Pro Entertainer
Link Copied

295 not 296

View 1 more reply
Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Smart move by Jio. Another nail in the coffin of incumbents

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

will 295 users get incoming calls?
those who have used the diwali offer will be able to use the disount coupon against 449 recharge.

Link Copied

Doubtful https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_lol.gif

View 2 more replies
Link Copied

possibly 295 plan will give data and call allowed to jio number for free, as they’re using volte so there is no restriction of ~260-300 calls per tower.

so i hope 295 plan give, 1 gb data/day + free incoming calls + free outgoing calls to jio numbers only, as jio infra in large enough to handle it.

offtopic:
as i own jio demo sim, i am getting 1 gb/day + calls to only jio number free, so possibly they implement like that i think

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

I don’t think they will come up with 295 plan as they said they will always provide voice free and will charge for data only

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

they will slowly slowly increase the tariff bcoz there will be no more operators , so ppl will have to use it , only option .

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

MTS, Tata, Idea, Aircel, RCom all closing down or getting emrged.
Soon it will be Airtel, Vodafone and Jio only. Then the real game will start.

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

Here we are getting daily 1GB data and unlimited onnet calls for 84 days on purchase of new connection. Cost 150.

PS.. not Jio

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

which operator?

View 5 more replies
Link Copied

Plans are changing from tomorrow night?

Link Copied

After midnight, some 5+ hours left.

Link Copied

449 will be for how many days ???

Link Copied

View 1 more reply
Link Copied

449 plan will be effectively 399 for up to 8 recharges for people who have the 8 vouchers from the 399 Diwali offer..

So, net, for next ~2 years, you are covered with 399 plan https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif

Only question: for how long are these 8 vouchers valid?

Link Copied

Is they launched any plans in site ?

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

The plan is announced on their website: Page 12 of http://jep-asset.jio.com/jio/jio-phone/Plan+Vou...
1.2GB per day, promotional validity of 84 days!

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

Going through this, I realize why SMS is not going from my wife’s number but going from my number. I am on 309 plan where 100 SMS/day is free. She is on 399 plan where sms is Re.1/SMS and she does not have any core balance.

View 2 more replies
Link Copied

Use niki to recharge pm me for code https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

replyuser
Click here to reply