Hotness JioTV as alternative to Cable or DTH ?

Hot Deal JioTV as alternative to Cable or DTH ?

366°
Avatar
Deal Subedar
81
1646
31

hi guys,
DTH and cable operators are going to hike prices from december 29, we have to pay per channel per month not as package, so we can use jioTV to stream in our TV ?

now i am using jioTV for streaming HBO, axn and english movies channles so i saved a big amount in monthly extra packages.

but i feel changing channels is easy in remote but in mobile jioTv strea quick change need to listed channels as favourite but yeah still remote is better.

so you guys gonna use JioTV as alternative or new packages ?

offtopic:
only mobile data needed for opening jiotv app, once it opened we can use our wifi or broadband.

27 Comments  |  
15 Dimers
Untitled
Deal Cadet
90
322
26

main concern is high speed data

Asa
Deal Major
6,507
21558
253
utking wrote:

main concern is high speed data

You don’t need High speed data connection
AFAIK the streaming quality is only 720p plus bitrate is not high either via JioTV

Avatar
Deal Subedar
81
1646
31
Expand
getready wrote:

You don’t need High speed data connection
AFAIK the streaming quality is only 720p plus bitrate is not high either via JioTV

yeah bit rate is low but high quality smile
planned to use for all channels, now using for only hbo hd, axn.

Missing
Entertainer
442
6306
78

Buddy bhai, itna bhi khull ke mat likkho…. Diwaron ki bhi aankhe hoti hein… sad toungueout

Missing
Deal Cadet
139
690
67

“but i feel changing channels is easy in remote but in mobile jioTv strea quick change need to listed channels as favourite but yeah still remote is better”

Explain…. @desibuddy

Hqdefault
suspended
52
119
1

please suggest best setup for jio tv on tv?.Guys pls suggest android tv or amazon firestick has jio app?? anyone using jio tv as default on tv?

Rupay logo2
Deal Lieutenant
1,083
5567
76
spykar11 wrote:

please suggest best setup for jio tv on tv?.Guys pls suggest android tv or amazon firestick has jio app?? anyone using jio tv as default on tv?

H96 Max Plus RK3328 4GB RAM 32GB ROM Android 8.1 USB3.0 TV Box Support HD Netflix 4K Youtube – EU

Wireless Keyboard, Wireless Mouse also working

Link: https://www.banggood.in/H96-Max-Plus-RK3328-4GB...

₹3,049.91

Promotion Sale From December 12 to December 20.

Jio TV on TV | अब Jio TV चलाओ किसी भी TV पर,DTH की छुट्टी ।Jio TV on H96 Max Plus 4K TV Box

Video link:

46518697 2469454063095338 7352322572903514112 o
Deal Subedar
28
2090
79
Expand
desibuddy wrote:

yeah bit rate is low but high quality smile
planned to use for all channels, now using for only hbo hd, axn.

How r u using this on Ur tv without TV box ?

@abhishek012

46518697 2469454063095338 7352322572903514112 o
Deal Subedar
28
2090
79
Expand
Question wrote:

Probably screen share, I do the same.

My TV only has 2 HDMI ports and one usb port…
Now how to proceed ?

Anyone ?

Question1
Deal Cadet
142
457
14
Expand
mrKool_JJ wrote:

My TV only has 2 HDMI ports and one usb port…
Now how to proceed ?

Anyone ?

Does your TV has WiFi if yes you can screen using WiFi casting

Kgf
Deal Subedar
10
1066
20
Expand
Question wrote:

Probably screen share, I do the same.

How? JioTV, Hotstar and Airtel Live, none of them share their screens on TV or even allow to be screenshot. Black screen comes when you play a stream on them through screen cast. Which TV do you have and which mobile are you casting from?

Missing
Deal Newbie
49
32
1

Jiotv isn’t a alternative to DTH , but you can view it in your phone only. Neither does Amazon firestick support JioTv instead it supports jio cinema only.

Question1
Deal Cadet
142
457
14
Expand
G-Gowda wrote:

How? JioTV, Hotstar and Airtel Live, none of them share their screens on TV or even allow to be screenshot. Black screen comes when you play a stream on them through screen cast. Which TV do you have and which mobile are you casting from?

I have a Samsung Phone and Samsung smart HD TV just for screen sharing purposes. Apart from that I have a Pixel 2xl and Chromecast too. Since both devices are Samsung I guess the screen mirroring is working with native support ??

Kgf
Deal Subedar
10
1066
20
Expand
Question wrote:

I have a Samsung Phone and Samsung smart HD TV just for screen sharing purposes. Apart from that I have a Pixel 2xl and Chromecast too. Since both devices are Samsung I guess the screen mirroring is working with native support ??

Oh that might be the reason then. I have a Vu 4K TV which never pairs with my pixel. And it doesn’t show anything on screen from these apps from Redmi Note and Lenovo phones 🙁
I don’t wanna get Chromecast because it doesn’t support Amazon prime. Same with firestick because they have a fight with Google and YouTube.

46518697 2469454063095338 7352322572903514112 o
Deal Subedar
28
2090
79
Expand
Question wrote:

Does your TV has WiFi if yes you can screen using WiFi casting

No WiFi that’s d problem

Question1
Deal Cadet
142
457
14
Expand
mrKool_JJ wrote:

No WiFi that’s d problem

Hmm, will HDMI cable not work for you.

46518697 2469454063095338 7352322572903514112 o
Deal Subedar
28
2090
79
Expand
Question wrote:

Hmm, will HDMI cable not work for you.

i tried using anycast on my tv..
its having lots of connecting issues like flickering etc etc..
too much time waste..
its better to have a proper tv box or else its a waste of time and money…

46518697 2469454063095338 7352322572903514112 o
Deal Subedar
28
2090
79
Expand
G-Gowda wrote:

Oh that might be the reason then. I have a Vu 4K TV which never pairs with my pixel. And it doesn’t show anything on screen from these apps from Redmi Note and Lenovo phones 🙁
I don’t wanna get Chromecast because it doesn’t support Amazon prime. Same with firestick because they have a fight with Google and YouTube.

can u suggest some good tv box which is listed on amazon.in which supports JIO TV ??
will try to give it a shot..

PS: IT SHOULD BE ELIGIBLE FOR RETURN SO THAT I CAN GET MY REFUND BACK.

@Question

Missing
Deal Cadet
55
169
0
amoghavarsha715374 wrote:

Jiotv isn’t a alternative to DTH , but you can view it in your phone only. Neither does Amazon firestick support JioTv instead it supports jio cinema only.

I am using Jio TV on FireStick since more than an year. Google Jio TV apk (Android TV version) and sideload it on Fire Stick. Works without any issue.

Missing
Deal Cadet
55
169
0
Expand
mrKool_JJ wrote:

can u suggest some good tv box which is listed on amazon.in which supports JIO TV ??
will try to give it a shot..

PS: IT SHOULD BE ELIGIBLE FOR RETURN SO THAT I CAN GET MY REFUND BACK.

@Question

Fire TV Stick. Check my above reply.

Missing
suspended
116
923
20
Expand
shrijith1526 wrote:

I am using Jio TV on FireStick since more than an year. Google Jio TV apk (Android TV version) and sideload it on Fire Stick. Works without any issue.

Pls can u provide link….and can u tell how exactly jio tv works as I have never used it.

Question1
Deal Cadet
142
457
14
Expand
mrKool_JJ wrote:

i tried using anycast on my tv..
its having lots of connecting issues like flickering etc etc..
too much time waste..
its better to have a proper tv box or else its a waste of time and money…

Well, sounds like too much hastle. You are better off buying an Android box like you said smile

46518697 2469454063095338 7352322572903514112 o
Deal Subedar
28
2090
79
Expand
harshit1204 wrote:

Pls can u provide link….and can u tell how exactly jio tv works as I have never used it.

https://techiestechguide.com/casting-not-availa...

I think this apk should fine…
I tried using this apk and it worked fine on my phone as well as on my tv when i casted the same.

You can thank me later if it works fine for you as well biggrin

Missing
Deal Cadet
55
169
0
Expand
harshit1204 wrote:

Pls can u provide link….and can u tell how exactly jio tv works as I have never used it.

Sideload this apk to your Fire TV Stick. The only problem is you have to key in your credentials everytime you login. There is a way to fix that too.
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/reliance-jio-digi...

Missing
Deal Newbie
50
50
0
vijkap201 wrote:

Buddy bhai, itna bhi khull ke mat likkho…. Diwaron ki bhi aankhe hoti hein… sad toungueout

Right, we don’t want reliannce to become another greedy and cheap companies like Airtel and Vodafone. So choose your words wisely before speaking publicly because you never know, when these companies will start exploiting your dependency and addiction to their services.

Zsjpjnd
suspended
0
3626
56
Expand
kashish.2895682 wrote:

Right, we don’t want reliannce to become another greedy and cheap companies like Airtel and Vodafone. So choose your words wisely before speaking publicly because you never know, when these companies will start exploiting your dependency and addiction to their services.

Don’t they get to know when you use their services?? 🤔🤔

Missing