Congrats @[email protected]_0_0_D for 600th topic and a perfect 786 that holds the last 3 digits of ur karma
@[email protected]_0_0_D bro R u frm Delhi ??
Congrats Bade Miya
What most people see are 2 pilots in a flight deck, but today it is more than that. Today is a very special day. Yes, I’ve just received my command at the airline I work for, but I also got to fly with my wife on my first command flight too, who is a senior first officer and an unbelievable pilot. I am so blessed to share the most precious moment of my career with the most precious and special woman in my life.
George Carlin’s Views on Ageing
Do you realise that the only time in our lives when we like to get old is when we’re kids? If you’re less than 10 years old, you’re so excited about ageing that you think in fractions.
‘How old are you?’ ’I’m four and a half!’ You’re never thirty-six and a half. You’re four and a half, going on five! That’s the key
You get into your teens, now they can’t hold you back. You jump to the next number, or even a few ahead.
‘How old are you?’ ’I’m gonna be 16!’ You could be 13, but hey, you’re gonna be 16! And then the greatest day of your life …. .. You become 21. Even the words sound like a ceremony. YOU BECOME 21. YESSSS!!!
But then you turn 30. Oooohh, what happened there? Makes you sound like bad milk! He TURNED; we had to throw him out. There’s no fun now, you’re Just a sour-dumpling. What’s wrong? What’s changed?
You BECOME 21, you TURN 30, then you’re PUSHING 40. Whoa! Put on the brakes, it’s all slipping away.. Before you know it, you REACH 50 and your dreams are gone.
But wait!!! You MAKE it to 60. You didn’t think you would!
So you BECOME 21, TURN 30, PUSH 40, REACH 50 and MAKE it to 60.
You’ve built up so much speed that you HIT 70! After that it’s a day-by-day thing; you HIT Wednesday!
You get into your 80’s and every day is a complete cycle; you HIT lunch; you TURN 4:30 ; you REACH bedtime. And it doesn’t end there Into the 90s, you start going backwards; ‘I Was JUST 92.’
Then a strange thing happens. If you make it over 100, you become a little kid again. ’I’m 100 and a half!’
May you all make it to a healthy 100 and a half!!
HOW TO STAY YOUNG
1. Throw out nonessential numbers. This includes age, weight and height. Let the doctors worry about them. That is why you pay ‘them’
2. Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down.
3. Keep learning. Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever. Never let the brain idle. ‘An idle mind is the devil’s workshop.’
And the devil’s name is Alzheimer’s.
4. Enjoy the simple things.
5. Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath.
6. The tears happen. Endure, grieve, and move on. The only person, who is with us our entire life, is ourselves. Be ALIVE while you are alive.
7. Surround yourself with what you love , whether it’s family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever. Your home is your refuge.
8. Cherish your health: If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable, improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.
9.. Don’t take guilt trips. Take a trip to the mall, even to the next country; to a foreign country but NOT to where the guilt is.
10. Tell the people you love that you love them, at every opportunity.
AND ALWAYS REMEMBER :
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
@[email protected]_0_0_D wrote: What most people see are 2 pilots in a flight deck, but today it is more than that. Today is a very special day. Yes, I’ve just received my command at the airline I work for, but I also got to fly with my wife on my first command flight too, who is a senior first officer and an unbelievable pilot. I am so blessed to share the most precious moment of my career with the most precious and special woman in my life.
although i am not sure if the picture’s story is a hoax or a legit one,
I think in India, or that is how my memory goes, there are/were some guidelines and maybe even rules prohibiting such a situation in any airliner cockpit (passenger flight).
and it was to do with impaired judgement or emotional distraction/ stress.. stuff like that.
may be i have a partial or false memory from decades back.
It is similar to the situation, where the best of the surgeons would not perform the main surgery on their own kith and kin (children or near relative/spouse).
It would be too unnerving should something go wrong in the stress.
may be in the U.S. or European markets, they allow it. but overall, in defence they might not allow it at all.
this would definitely be a hindrance in discharging their duty properly.
[combat roles call for taking tough decisions that might even require one to put themselves in extreme peril. no way can a loved one think rationally if their actions will affect the other at such close quarters.]
in passenger flights, :icon_redface: there is also a risk of putting many lives at danger, if the couple have a fight/tiff or worse, if they have make-up _ _ _ after a fight.
When a scientist at Johns Hopkins University forgot to wash his hands before his lunch break he noticed an oddly sweet flavor during his meal. That was a sweet accident that led to the discovery of artificial sweetener! X-Rays, Microwaves, Play-doh, Velcro, Post-It etc all were born because of the result of serendipity.
Serendipity is all about stumbling upon a happy outcome. The conversation with a stranger while waiting in a queue that leads to a life-long friendship is just that. Discovering an off-the-beaten track destination that you adore because of a mix-up in your travel plans is just that – serendipity.
What if you are the kind of person who consciously seeks the unexpected and unknown?
1. Consciously choose to work with people who are diverse. Bounce ideas with people across other parts of the business. If you spend all your time with the same set of people, you will get the same perspective – especially if they all think alike.
2. Connect with people who are different from you in education, social strata, earning etc. Innovation most often happens when you connect ideas across domains. Spending time with people from different professions, backgrounds, industries and ages can trigger innovative ideas.
3. Do what you don’t do. If you only watch sports or music on television on the internet, watch a history show or a travel show or cookery show.
4. Try reverse mentoring. Teach someone who is way more or much less experienced something they don’t know. Then ask them to teach you what they are good at.
I would love to know about the role of serendipity in your life.
*LOVE 💝🎉💞🍀🌹🎈🎶 *
“There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing, throbbing moment.” Sarah Dessen A picture snapped of the two walking side by side to a San Francisco, St. Louis Cardinals game last season went viral. Warren, a die-hard Cardinals fan was wearing his Cards jersey. The name and number on his back, “Together 19”. Carol was wearing the jersey of her favorite team, the Giants, with the name and number “Since 52.” Together, the backs of their jersey’s read, “Together Since 1952