Magicpin Loosing the Market

Magicpin Loosing the Market

143°
Deal with it2
Deal Newbie
91
66
3

More and more merchants stopped receiving magicpin, Earlier everyone seems to be on it but now around 60% starts to reject them and say like We don’t accept it anymore, We didn’t make a recharge and so on…

It seems like only restaurants and Bars barely accepting them and I saw this is growing in Delhi.

Complained about this on magicpin why list those stores if they don’t accept it, support be like we escalated the issue but then nothing, even app shows last redeemed a month ago.

I think it’s time to cash in your points while you can before they totally go out.

20 Comments  |  
11 Dimers
Missing
Deal Cadet
506
372
10

No more good offers on app as well.
Looks like they have got what they wanted. Data about consumer purchases from you and me. Now they will sell that data about your purchasing pattern.

Money matters
Deal Cadet
145
223
5

I agree that it is not as useful as before. Discount also reduced to 10% on most of the merchants.
But it is still good for buying gift vouchers and doing mobile recharge.

Download
Deal Cadet
120
943
34

I redeem points only for amazon and flipkart vouchers

Missing
Deal Newbie
50
20
0

This was happened while checking with one of restaurant and garment shop, same escalated, in Bangalore

Cropped6271060669089822821
Entertainer
308
6112
80

Have heard they take a hefty amount from restaurants to get listed on Magicpin..
26k something..

Missing
Deal Cadet
44
190
0
AppleFan wrote:

I redeem points only for amazon and flipkart vouchers

Yes I do same…I only buy amazon gift cards with it. My last 2 transactions with amazon with 5% discount and paid with OLA Money and received another 5% cashback.

Deal with it2
Deal Newbie
91
66
3
nikhilp1 wrote:

No more good offers on app as well.
Looks like they have got what they wanted. Data about consumer purchases from you and me. Now they will sell that data about your purchasing pattern.

On point, soon we will get tons of messages and email irrelevant of us

Deal with it2
Deal Newbie
91
66
3
g985481987117 wrote:

Their business model was unsustainable

Yes, good things don’t last much longer
my 5k points looking for the good offer

Deal with it2
Deal Newbie
91
66
3
Chikky wrote:

I agree that it is not as useful as before. Discount also reduced to 10% on most of the merchants.
But it is still good for buying gift vouchers and doing mobile recharge.

Not good when you have more than 5k points and voucher only go for like 5 or 10% max toungueout

Deal with it2
Deal Newbie
91
66
3
AppleFan wrote:

I redeem points only for amazon and flipkart vouchers

same and mostly on local deals but as posted in main, local deals getting dying fast

Deal with it2
Deal Newbie
91
66
3
naveenchowdari539 wrote:

This was happened while checking with one of restaurant and garment shop, same escalated, in Bangalore

nothing gonna happen confused

Deal with it2
Deal Newbie
91
66
3
co0l1992 wrote:

Have heard they take a hefty amount from restaurants to get listed on Magicpin..
26k something..

Damn that’s a lot, I tried to ask from few but most kept tight lips about it
but few said about 5% or so

Cropped6271060669089822821
Entertainer
308
6112
80
Expand
jackpison wrote:

Damn that’s a lot, I tried to ask from few but most kept tight lips about it
but few said about 5% or so

Yep that’s the reason most of them tell not to make payment using MagicPay..
Hefty registration fee + failure to pay the client..

Baadshah
Deal Subedar
290
1930
48

what was really good before which people are missing ? how to encash the balance?

Baadshah
Deal Subedar
290
1930
48
co0l1992 wrote:

Have heard they take a hefty amount from restaurants to get listed on Magicpin..
26k something..

i dont beleive there is fixed fee as such

its completly based on % as fees, similar to what restaurents give to zomato or swiggy.

26k would be for the banner ads.

Deal with it2
Deal Newbie
91
66
3
Expand
co0l1992 wrote:

Yep that’s the reason most of them tell not to make payment using MagicPay..
Hefty registration fee + failure to pay the client..

Able to understand now, I hope they sort this out soon

Deal with it2
Deal Newbie
91
66
3
Expand
baadshah wrote:

i dont beleive there is fixed fee as such

its completly based on % as fees, similar to what restaurents give to zomato or swiggy.

26k would be for the banner ads.

It’s 5% I think

Now even local bars stopped receiving them, they denied magicpin :/

Missing
Deal Newbie
50
26
1

Before 6 month in banglore.. . 10% levied by magicpin.. If we redeem 100, restaurant gets 90. Some amount also levied from merchant for advertisement…

Missing
Deal Newbie
49
32
1

They’re adding more and more restaurants every week out of which so many doesn’t even have any idea how magicpin works.

Missing