My Amazon account got hacked

My Amazon account got hacked

215°
Missing
Deal Cadet

My Amazon account got hacked and approx. Rs. 700 was debited from amazon pay balance on mobile recharges and other transactions. I have the mobile numbers on which recharge was done and also a mail where a gift card was sent.
I have already suspended the account.

I want help if their is a was punish these fraudsters or make them pay for it. I am really furious.

44 Comments  |  
18 Dimers
Missing
Shopping Friend

Have you raised a complaint with Amazon?

Missing
Deal Subedar

My mother’s Amazon account was hacked today evening! Got message that someone else is trying to access, she ignored the messages and total of Rs 900+ was debited to AugustaGold app (remember that silver/gold app)! Amazon detected it automatically after a while and stopped, there was total of Rs 1400 I checked the messages now and called Amazon and portrayed the entire thing and looks like I’ll get back the money. Be careful guys! Turn on 2 step verification everywhere.

Missing
Deal Captain

What gift cards were purchased?

Missing
Deal Newbie

Didn’t you get sms alert for login and for each transaction?

Why did you suspend the a/c? Just report those transactions and wait for their reply…

Missing
Tech Guru
alekhyadas wrote:

My mother’s Amazon account was hacked today evening! Got message that someone else is trying to access, she ignored the messages and total of Rs 900+ was debited to AugustaGold app (remember that silver/gold app)! Amazon detected it automatically after a while and stopped, there was total of Rs 1400 I checked the messages now and called Amazon and portrayed the entire thing and looks like I’ll get back the money. Be careful guys! Turn on 2 step verification everywhere.

Nowadays Amazon sending OTP for every login attempts for most of the users.. also a msg will be triggered to the users regarding login, then how come hackers logged in without OTP ?

Missing
Deal Cadet
dimersdaily wrote:

Why did you suspend the a/c? Just report those transactions and wait for their reply…

Ya I got it but he did all transactions in just 10 mins.

Missing
Deal Cadet
Expand
mastervijay wrote:

Nowadays Amazon sending OTP for every login attempts for most of the users.. also a msg will be triggered to the users regarding login, then how come hackers logged in without OTP ?

I think there is a glitch in prime video app.

When we login in Amazon prime video app then it doesn’t requires OTP and we also get logged in Amazon app with same.

Missing
Deal Cadet
malikcool wrote:

Have you raised a complaint with Amazon?

Ya I did.

Missing
Deal Cadet
dimersdaily wrote:

He changed the account number so I can’t l’ogin in’ in my own account. He used a fake US number.

Missing
Deal Subedar
Expand
mastervijay wrote:

didn’t get any OTP. Yaaken na aye toh Bhai proof dikha dunga subha Amazon ka mail ka.
Primevideo, Music main koi verification nehi lagta. Auto in ho jatah hai.

2 step verification sab ka abhi nehi hota hai, thoda jake dekho how much amazon accounts are still available on the daily. Abhi bhi bohut accounts main numbers are not verified properly. Mera bhai ka account main otp kabhi nehi lagta tha, is incident ka baad dal diya maine.

Missing
Deal Newbie

Jamtara – Sabka Number Ayega

Missing
Deal Newbie

I have saved 4 Debit Card 2 Credit Card details in Amazon. Although I never load money on Amazon Wallet. Should I remove them. I shared my Prime video login details with 2 friends.

Missing
Deal Cadet
Pallab1997 wrote:

I have saved 4 Debit Card 2 Credit Card details in Amazon. Although I never load money on Amazon Wallet. Should I remove them. I shared my Prime video login details with 2 friends.

I think thats not the issue. But, Have 2FA in primary account atleast

Missing
Deal Cadet
Pallab1997 wrote:

All I can suggest now is to use virtual cards in which you can add little money to do transactions.

Remove all cards ,especially credit cards.
Always keep enabled two step verification.

Missing
Shopping Friend
Pallab1997 wrote:

Yes, delete them. Also disable International transaction usage.

Missing
Deal Cadet
Pallab1997 wrote:

With 2FA if they try to login new device they have to use 2FA code they cannot do without it.
Also, share with trusted ones only

Missing
Deal Newbie
Expand
alekhyadas wrote:

didn’t get any OTP. Yaaken na aye toh Bhai proof dikha dunga subha Amazon ka mail ka.
Primevideo, Music main koi verification nehi lagta. Auto in ho jatah hai.

2 step verification sab ka abhi nehi hota hai, thoda jake dekho how much amazon accounts are still available on the daily. Abhi bhi bohut accounts main numbers are not verified properly. Mera bhai ka account main otp kabhi nehi lagta tha, is incident ka baad dal diya maine.

Please translate..

Missing
Deal Newbie
Pallab1997 wrote:

Delete all except 1 debit card with low balance for emergency

Missing
Deal Newbie
Expand
DealBroker23 wrote:

With 2FA if they try to login new device they have to use 2FA code they cannot do without it.
Also, share with trusted ones only

Trusted ones??

What if they are careless and share it with their friends/relative?

Missing
Deal Cadet

I think nowadays this is increased cause these people have nothing to do, so they are hacking accounts.

Forget to mention, How many have received calls from person claiming to be Phonpe executive or agent. In back 10 days I have received 2 such calls. I don’t know where they get these numbers from. There must be some procedures to report these people.

Missing
Deal Cadet
Expand
dimersdaily wrote:

Trusted ones??

What if they are careless and share it with their friends/relative?

That’s Why i said 2FA. With single 2FA he can login one device.

Missing
Deal Baba

Even i turned off all online tranx. As well on my cards ….
Just turn on when i do tranx. …
and again turn it off ..

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
Expand
Deal_guru001 wrote:

I think there is a glitch in prime video app.

When we login in Amazon prime video app then it doesn’t requires OTP and we also get logged in Amazon app with same.

Question is how could he hack video app then?

Missing
Deal Cadet

Many users keep login, pass same , amazon allows it and ‘hackers’ try all numbers..I too received login attempt sms weeks ago

Missing
Deal Newbie

Actually OP is correct. If you login to Prime Video app on someone else phone and if he already have Amazon app installed then he automatically logged in to Amazon app as well. I think it’s a bug.

Missing
Blogger
Pallab1997 wrote:

Sabdhani hati durghatana ghati. Stay sabdhan stay khush

Missing
Blogger

Bhai, how do these people do these things. I mean they gotta have your phone number email id etc. 😭😭😭😭

Missing
Deal Hunter
Expand
Deal_guru001 wrote:

He changed the account number so I can’t l’ogin in’ in my own account. He used a fake US number.

Wait! how did he/she even change the no without getting otp?!! I can’t even change my own fake US no on one of new account or even password?!

Missing
Deal Hunter
Deal_guru001 wrote:

I think nowadays this is increased cause these people have nothing to do, so they are hacking accounts.

Forget to mention, How many have received calls from person claiming to be Phonpe executive or agent. In back 10 days I have received 2 such calls. I don’t know where they get these numbers from. There must be some procedures to report these people.

Ah yes, I got one last year where they claimed I won 1 lakh and wanted my account no and password lol

Missing