Nationalised banks credit card discussion

Nationalised banks credit card discussion

196°
Missing
Deal Newbie
50
40
0

What nationalised bank credit cards you hold? How easy is it to get a credit card from IOB, Canara, Indian, PNB etc banks.

Are there any benefits using Canara, IOB, Vijaya etc bank credit cards while compared to private banks such as ICICI, HDFC, axis etc.

42 Comments  |  
13 Dimers
Missing
Deal Cadet
73
108
6

In one simple word,No(except sbi cards).

Images
Deal Cadet
85
152
0

Sbi simply click only worth it

Roger federer photos 9 150x150
Deal Subedar
111
1477
40

bob has regular offer on Amazon 15% discount , and 1000 rewards

but getting the card is headache

Yellow11 1256751 480x300 v1
Deal Subedar
75
1769
98
rogerthat wrote:

bob has regular offer on Amazon 15% discount , and 1000 rewards

but getting the card is headache

You should know the trick to get approval

Missing
Deal Newbie
50
40
0
Expand
drupal wrote:

You should know the trick to get approval

What is the trick to get the approval?

Missing
Deal Cadet
115
583
4
rogerthat wrote:

bob has regular offer on Amazon 15% discount , and 1000 rewards

but getting the card is headache

one can get card against fd
for offers oly

Missing
Deal Cadet
83
516
19

you need to have another relationship with the bank to get a credit card
I have tired with card on card and ITR basis, never received the card
they ask to open an account and maintain balance for few months

Roger federer photos 9 150x150
Deal Subedar
111
1477
40
Expand
drupal wrote:

You should know the trick to get approval

in psu there is no trick

Missing
Deal Newbie
50
40
0
karanoshan wrote:

you need to have another relationship with the bank to get a credit card
I have tired with card on card and ITR basis, never received the card
they ask to open an account and maintain balance for few months

Which bank CC?

Roger federer photos 9 150x150
Deal Subedar
111
1477
40
Expand
meragoyou153 wrote:

one can get card against fd
for offers oly

all cards are not issued against fd

Missing
Deal Newbie
50
40
0
Expand
rogerthat wrote:

in psu there is no trick

I have accounts in IOB, Canara etc banks. Will they offer me the card if I maintain the balance?

Missing
Deal Newbie
50
40
0
Expand
karanoshan wrote:

Canara and boi

I have Canara savings account but they never offered me the CC. Any trick to get the offer like maintaining high balance etc.

Roger federer photos 9 150x150
Deal Subedar
111
1477
40
Expand
digitalworld wrote:

I have accounts in IOB, Canara etc banks. Will they offer me the card if I maintain the balance?

no never


Missing
Deal Cadet
115
583
4
Expand
rogerthat wrote:

all cards are not issued against fd

true but offers are there for cards against fd

Roger federer photos 9 150x150
Deal Subedar
111
1477
40
Expand
meragoyou153 wrote:

true but offers are there for cards against fd

even i have 1 Axis cc against fd.

taken against online fd

from non base Branch

Missing
Deal Newbie
50
40
0
Expand
rogerthat wrote:

no never


So only based on salary slips we can get CC from nationalised banks apart from SBI.

Missing
Deal Cadet
83
516
19
Expand
digitalworld wrote:

I have Canara savings account but they never offered me the CC. Any trick to get the offer like maintaining high balance etc.

No idea, their brach asked me to open an account, which I did not

Roger federer photos 9 150x150
Deal Subedar
111
1477
40
Expand
digitalworld wrote:

So only based on salary slips we can get CC from nationalised banks apart from SBI.

proof of income nis required

salary or itr

or against fd

some banks may offer pre approved cc.


housing loan customer are always offered cc pre approved. Even in psu.

Missing
Deal Newbie
50
40
0
Expand
rogerthat wrote:

proof of income nis required

salary or itr

or against fd

some banks may offer pre approved cc.


housing loan customer are always offered cc pre approved. Even in psu.

Is it upto the branch or other higher departments in approving the CC.

If I apply for Canara CC through branch and bank manager who I know will it be approved easily or will it hit dent on my credit profile with rejection? What are the chances of approval if we knew someone from bank.

Roger federer photos 9 150x150
Deal Subedar
111
1477
40
Expand
digitalworld wrote:

Is it upto the branch or other higher departments in approving the CC.

If I apply for Canara CC through branch and bank manager who I know will it be approved easily or will it hit dent on my credit profile with rejection? What are the chances of approval if we knew someone from bank.

only depends on your proof of income and good cibil score

personal relationship dont matter

Missing
Deal Newbie
50
40
0
Expand
rogerthat wrote:

only depends on your proof of income and good cibil score

personal relationship dont matter

I have good credit score over 800 but don’t have salary slips or ITR.

Can I give bank statements as income proof?

Missing
Deal Subedar
14
1735
11

@digitalworld
Your question is very interesting
How easy is it to get a credit card from IOB, Canara, Indian, PNB…………………………………………

I doubt if these banks are interested in selling credit cards

Better option here is, to apply for loan amount more than 10000 crore. From that amount one might even start credit card company

Missing
Deal Newbie
50
40
0
sunnie wrote:

@digitalworld
Your question is very interesting
How easy is it to get a credit card from IOB, Canara, Indian, PNB…………………………………………

I doubt if these banks are interested in selling credit cards

Better option here is, to apply for loan amount more than 10000 crore. From that amount one might even start credit card company

Few days ago when I visited canara bank branch they are requesting every customer to have credit card and explaining its benefits. The manager is even selling it by saying you can use it in crunch situations when cash is not available.

But I don’t have salary slips nor ITR, so I din’t took their offer.

Missing
Deal Subedar
163
1462
9
Expand
rogerthat wrote:

even i have 1 Axis cc against fd.

taken against online fd

from non base Branch

Total how many cards you are maintaining.

Missing
Deal Cadet
73
108
6
Expand
digitalworld wrote:

Few days ago when I visited canara bank branch they are requesting every customer to have credit card and explaining its benefits. The manager is even selling it by saying you can use it in crunch situations when cash is not available.

But I don’t have salary slips nor ITR, so I din’t took their offer.

It was good that you didn’t took their offer. What kind of bank manager would advice anybody to withdraw cash using a credit card which comes at a huge interest rate of ~40% per annum. Just on this statement alone,I would not have any relationship with that bank.

Missing
Deal Newbie
50
20
0

BOB IS BETTER OPTION, YOU SHOULD TRY ONCE

Roger federer photos 9 150x150
Deal Subedar
111
1477
40
Expand
dlhntr wrote:

Total how many cards you are maintaining.

1 axis insta
1 axis fk
1 bob (expired recently )
1 ICICI
applied for apay ICICI
applied for sbi irctc
applying soon for hdfc after deciding variant.

Missing