Need advice in Demo Car

Need advice in Demo Car

71°
Missing
Deal Cadet
110
818
16

Is it advisable to guy demo car (Display vehicle not testdrive vehicle)? Also how much discount I should negotiate for approx 1 year old display model?

27 Comments  |  
9 Dimers
Missing
Deal Cadet
51
280
5

Which car?
Please explain in details

Missing
Deal Cadet
111
260
3

You can buy, but the decision depends upon how much discount is offered

Missing
Deal Cadet
110
818
16
myfungang829 wrote:

You can buy, but the decision depends upon how much discount is offered

Aspire BS4 petrol
I got 2 quotes for ex-showroom price
trend+ 6.23 l (march 2019) original price 6.97l
titanium+ 7.10 l (Jan 2019) original price 7.82l

Ngbbs4cfc5ca39efee
Deal Subedar
141
1010
80
Expand
makeourdeal wrote:

Aspire BS4 petrol
I got 2 quotes for ex-showroom price
trend+ 6.23 l (march 2019) original price 6.97l
titanium+ 7.10 l (Jan 2019) original price 7.82l

I think no, try for more discount. Or buy test drive car in 40-50% discount

59091975
Deal Cadet
89
852
8

At least 1.5 lakh discount should be demanded. You’ll easily get 70,000 discount on 2019 manufactured cars(new)

Geek
Shopping Friend
401
6427
146
Expand
makeourdeal wrote:

Aspire BS4 petrol
I got 2 quotes for ex-showroom price
trend+ 6.23 l (march 2019) original price 6.97l
titanium+ 7.10 l (Jan 2019) original price 7.82l

Do not buy a demo vehicle for such paltry discounts. Dealership may not give demo vehicles for test drives but dealership employees would have taken those vehicle out for multiple joy rides. Take everything a dealership says with a pinch of salt. I would suggest buy new and haggle for maximum discounts. Do a proper PDI before paying full sum. Refer team bhp for PDI sheet.

The discount they are offering you for a one year old demo vehicle is way less. My friend bought Honda city couple of months back. Got a straight 1.5 L off ex showroom price. Brand new car manufacturerd just a month before sale .Auto market is in pretty bad shape now. Ford aspire is not a hot selling car either. I would ask for at least 80k to 1L off on a new one . Btw, which city are you based out off?

Missing
Deal Cadet
111
260
3
Expand
makeourdeal wrote:

Aspire BS4 petrol
I got 2 quotes for ex-showroom price
trend+ 6.23 l (march 2019) original price 6.97l
titanium+ 7.10 l (Jan 2019) original price 7.82l

I guess it’s Ford Aspire,

Bhai I think 30-50 thousand discount would be available on fresh stock itself.

Missing
Deal Cadet
110
818
16
Expand
titamazon wrote:

I think no, try for more discount. Or buy test drive car in 40-50% discount

testdrive vehicle are usually abused, since I want to use for long term, I am not looking for it.

Missing
Deal Cadet
110
818
16
Expand
myfungang829 wrote:

I guess it’s Ford Aspire,

Bhai I think 30-50 thousand discount would be available on fresh stock itself.

all stocks are sold out in my city. Trying to check with nearby city dealers.
On road discount comes to 1 lac in my case.
Trying to get 1.5 lac discount for titatinum+ model (Jan 2019)

Missing
Deal Cadet
110
818
16
Expand
cybertechie wrote:

Do not buy a demo vehicle for such paltry discounts. Dealership may not give demo vehicles for test drives but dealership employees would have taken those vehicle out for multiple joy rides. Take everything a dealership says with a pinch of salt. I would suggest buy new and haggle for maximum discounts. Do a proper PDI before paying full sum. Refer team bhp for PDI sheet.

The discount they are offering you for a one year old demo vehicle is way less. My friend bought Honda city couple of months back. Got a straight 1.5 L off ex showroom price. Brand new car manufacturerd just a month before sale .Auto market is in pretty bad shape now. Ford aspire is not a hot selling car either. I would ask for at least 80k to 1L off on a new one . Btw, which city are you based out off?

Surat, Gujarat. In my city, majority bs4 cars are sold out . (Nexon, ecosport, amaze, aspire confused )

Your friend got how much discount on road price?
In which month he purchased and which city?
Honda city bs6 was launched on 10th dec, 2019

Missing
Deal Cadet
110
818
16
JethaLal wrote:

At least 1.5 lakh discount should be demanded. You’ll easily get 70,000 discount on 2019 manufactured cars(new)

1.5 lac on showroom price or on road price?

59091975
Deal Cadet
89
852
8
Expand
makeourdeal wrote:

1.5 lac on showroom price or on road price?

On road price. But my suggestion buy a new 2020 manufactured car with less discount keeping in mind depreciation

Missing
Deal Cadet
110
818
16
Expand
JethaLal wrote:

On road price. But my suggestion buy a new 2020 manufactured car with less discount keeping in mind depreciation

no dealers are having stock in BS4 here(Ecosport, Nexon, Amaze, Aspire). Also I am looking for long term us, so it should not matter ideally.

Missing
Deal Cadet
111
260
3
Expand
makeourdeal wrote:

all stocks are sold out in my city. Trying to check with nearby city dealers.
On road discount comes to 1 lac in my case.
Trying to get 1.5 lac discount for titatinum+ model (Jan 2019)

At least 25% discount on lost price should be fair.

Generally dealers get demo car for 25% discount from company

Missing
Deal Cadet
110
818
16
Expand
myfungang829 wrote:

At least 25% discount on lost price should be fair.

Generally dealers get demo car for 25% discount from company

Are you sure about company discount on demo car?

59091975
Deal Cadet
89
852
8
Expand
makeourdeal wrote:

no dealers are having stock in BS4 here(Ecosport, Nexon, Amaze, Aspire). Also I am looking for long term us, so it should not matter ideally.

Even then too, buy a new car from 2019 stock not a demo car. One can never believe what these showroom guys say.

Missing
Deal Cadet
111
260
3
Expand
makeourdeal wrote:

Are you sure about company discount on demo car?

99%, once some dealer told me.

It is obvious that if a dealer I buying a demo car, the company has to give extra incentive to the dealership, how can the company give dealer a car at normal rice?

I am 99% sure about it being 25% discount.

Atleast I won’t go for an old car for a small amount….. Imagine how many times the car doors have being open and closed and how hard so people close the doors……

Missing
Deal Cadet
110
818
16
Expand
myfungang829 wrote:

99%, once some dealer told me.

It is obvious that if a dealer I buying a demo car, the company has to give extra incentive to the dealership, how can the company give dealer a car at normal rice?

I am 99% sure about it being 25% discount.

Atleast I won’t go for an old car for a small amount….. Imagine how many times the car doors have being open and closed and how hard so people close the doors……

Ford gives 5 year warranty.

Missing
Deal Cadet
91
244
2

Aspire is a good car, but could become a expensive thing to maintain for long term considering Ford’s narrow vision on their products. If I were you, i wd be considering the Dzire over Aspire just for this sole reason.

PS: I am a Figo owner :p

Missing
suspended
50
20
0
Expand
makeourdeal wrote:

Surat, Gujarat. In my city, majority bs4 cars are sold out . (Nexon, ecosport, amaze, aspire confused )

Your friend got how much discount on road price?
In which month he purchased and which city?
Honda city bs6 was launched on 10th dec, 2019

Surat has good mix of business background and even professionals.
Have even known of, people suddenly migrating outside India and selling off even recently bought possesions at whatever best they got offered in a week or ten days.

Like others already said and you too said about BS4 versus later complaint vehicles.
Not worth at the discount you initially mentioned.
In that case, even taking a second hand but good condition vehicle is a better option (maybe not as a long term purchase. but who knows, in 4-5 years hybrid or electric vehicles might become much viable)

unless your need often takes you out in the vehicle 250-300kms regularly, it really doesn’t harm to take a second hand vehicle from a proper family you know or someone knows (for city driving).

someone in our circle had bought a CNG+petrol WagonR a year back, still happy with it.
The owner, a doctor, had taken it for his wife to use.
but sold it off in a few years as it was barely used.

Geek
Shopping Friend
401
6427
146
Expand
makeourdeal wrote:

Surat, Gujarat. In my city, majority bs4 cars are sold out . (Nexon, ecosport, amaze, aspire confused )

Your friend got how much discount on road price?
In which month he purchased and which city?
Honda city bs6 was launched on 10th dec, 2019

If i remember correcting, my friend bought the car in November. This was in Bangalore .It was a bs 4 model manufacturerd in OCT or something. Total discount worked out around 1.5 lacs which included cash discounts , free extended warranty , insurance from outside. Insurance savings alone was some 20k.

Missing
Deal Cadet
110
818
16
santosh_blr wrote:

Aspire is a good car, but could become a expensive thing to maintain for long term considering Ford’s narrow vision on their products. If I were you, i wd be considering the Dzire over Aspire just for this sole reason.

PS: I am a Figo owner :p

Dzire is out of the list due to safety reason. Swift just scored 2 star in global NCAP.
My preferences :

Compact Sedan : Amaze, Aspire, Tigor
Compact SUV : Neoxn, Ecosport

I am looking BS4 to get more discount. For BS6, i can plan after 2 years since the current car is in good condition as of now.

What is your experience with Figo?

Missing
Deal Cadet
91
244
2
Expand
makeourdeal wrote:

Dzire is out of the list due to safety reason. Swift just scored 2 star in global NCAP.
My preferences :

Compact Sedan : Amaze, Aspire, Tigor
Compact SUV : Neoxn, Ecosport

I am looking BS4 to get more discount. For BS6, i can plan after 2 years since the current car is in good condition as of now.

What is your experience with Figo?

I wdve gone for Aspire too, just because it’s a Ford (after owning a Ford), but their focus on the Indian market is fast dwindling. The next well built model in your list is Nexon & i would go with it.

My Figo is the old model (2013). I am happy with it as i mainly use it on the highway & it’s feels planted on the road coupled with an amazing steering experience. You can feel the difference of riding a Ford & others (like Maruti / Hyundai) when you drive it for the first time. No regrets of owning it smile

Missing