Need AMEX Card

Need AMEX Card

Score: 3 Votes: 3
Score: 3 Votes: 3
Score: 3 Votes: 3
Capture
Deal Lieutenant
17
739
5914
96

Hi,

I want to apply for American Express Credit card however their fees are high. MakeMyTrip card has 1500 annual fees with no waiver. Any workaround?

  • In
13 Comments  |  
6 Dimers
Draw
Deal Colonel
10
1,179
52060
1048

Try Amex Gold charge card.

Hysteria hospital logo
Deal Newbie
0
66
50
11

Try Indusind Iconia AMEX Card. It has 3500/- on time joining fee with taxes. No annual fees. Ask for “No Gifts” along with the card. They will give you in 3500/-. And mind you, it has 2 % rewards as cashback on Weekends, ie. Saturday & Sunday.

Matrix stickmen
Dimer Of The Year 2015
23
1,847
38057
643

@Bulwark Yes, there is no “official” waiver on the annual fee for the MMT card, but they do give an MMT voucher worth 2000 after you spend 1.25 lacs and another MMT voucher worth 5000 when you spend 2.5 lacs annually. So this more than offsets the annual fee.

Anyway, if you are looking for an Amex credit card (not charge card, @Alpha.Barood!) with an official annual fee waiver clause, you may want to consider the Payback card (annual fee waiver on spending 1.5 lacs). https://www.americanexpress.com/in/content/payb...

@Ashwin Bro, do you want to suggest another Amex card?

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
7
98
3604
33
@DealSeeker wrote:

Anyway, if you are looking for an Amex credit card (not charge card, [email protected]) with an official annual fee waiver clause, you may want to consider the Payback card (annual fee waiver on spending 1.5 lacs). https://www.americanexpress.com/in/content/payb...


Sure? Hasn’t Amex stopped providing payback cards?

Matrix stickmen
Dimer Of The Year 2015
23
1,847
38057
643
@disclaimer wrote:

Sure? Hasn’t Amex stopped providing payback cards?

Is it so? I am not aware of any recent changes. Any news/blog link for the same?

Besides, I don’t have the Amex Payback card either. It’s still listed on their website so I suggested it based on the info there.

ad bot
1
1
1
1
Ad Bot

I found this sponsored content on one of the ad networks.

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
7
98
3604
33
@DealSeeker wrote:

@disclaimer wrote:

Sure? Hasn’t Amex stopped providing payback cards?

Is it so? I am not aware of any recent changes. Any news/blog link for the same?

Besides, I don’t have the Amex Payback card either. It’s still listed on their website so I suggested it based on the info there.


It is listed, but there is no link to Apply.

Matrix stickmen
Dimer Of The Year 2015
23
1,847
38057
643
@disclaimer wrote:

It is listed, but there is no link to Apply.

Ah, I see. @Bulwark You may also want to consider ICICI Amex Coral card — annual fee of only 500 second year onwards and full waiver on spends of 1.25 lacs. I use this card sometimes, mainly to keep the BMS BOGO active (twice every month). https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_wink.gif

Maxresdefault
Deal Subedar
0
96
1064
19

Just curious. What’s so special about this amex card? Who should use it? https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_rolleyes.gif

Matrix stickmen
Dimer Of The Year 2015
23
1,847
38057
643
@batman wrote:

Just curious. What’s so special about this amex card? Who should use it? https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_rolleyes.gif


There are many advantages. Here are a few off the top of my head:

(1) Prestige that comes attached to having one (higher income requirements to be eligible).
(2) Good consumer protection policies — always takes the side of the customer in case of a dispute, price change guarantee, etc.
(3) Superb customer service.
(4) Excellent rewards/privileges program for heavy spenders and/or frequent travelers.
(5) Provides charge cards* which have virtually unlimited spending limits (depends on your spending patterns).
(6) Personal concierge (available with specific Platinum level cards).

Big cons:

C1. Accepted at fewer merchants as compared to Visa/Mastercards.
C2. Highest transaction charge to merchants (this explains C1).

*Charge card = the entire bill becomes due at the end of every month and failing to pay it by the due date leads to a heavy penalty of 5% (in India).

Maxresdefault
Deal Subedar
0
96
1064
19
(1) Prestige that comes attached to having one (higher income requirements to be eligible).

I will steer well clear of it then. https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
7
98
3604
33
@DealSeeker wrote:

Charge card = entire bill is due and payable at the end of every month, i.e. max credit period of 30 days.


Needs correction.

Matrix stickmen
Dimer Of The Year 2015
23
1,847
38057
643
@disclaimer wrote:

@DealSeeker wrote:

Charge card = entire bill is due and payable at the end of every month, i.e. max credit period of 30 days.


Needs correction.

Ah, you caught that! https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_biggrin.gif

Made that error while trying to oversimplify and, at the same time, avoiding to write an essay on the subject of charge cards.

Anyway, rephrased it completely now. Check above. Hope you don’t want me to elaborate on the complicated topic of “due dates” when it comes to Amex charge cards. https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_wink.gif

Capture
Deal Lieutenant
17
739
5914
96
@DealSeeker wrote:

@disclaimer wrote:

It is listed, but there is no link to Apply.

Ah, I see. @Bulwark You may also want to consider ICICI Amex Coral card — annual fee of only 500 second year onwards and full waiver on spends of 1.25 lacs. I use this card sometimes, mainly to keep the BMS BOGO active (twice every month). https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_wink.gif


They have stopped Payback card. I confirmed it with CC yesterday.

Thanks for inputs DealSeeker https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif

Missing