Hotness Need better system for voting up/identitying go...

Hot Deal Need better system for voting up/identitying good deals

303°
15ec882d723737c537ed6785a9cd5f5b
Perfectionist
3,390
60554
524

Been noticing this for a long time, but never posted. But it has become more evident recently

The new hotness system is leading many good deals going unnoticed.

The issue of people voting for their friends deals is one of the obvious reasons. It is evident while refreshing recent posts, where some posts get 2-3 vote ups in minutes

There is no reward for voting up deals and no restriction on how many and whose deals can we vote, so many deals don’t get any votes at all .
Whatever deals do get votes are either

1. very obvious good/free deals (where who has posted does not matter)
2. Deals bumped up to homepage due to which many see and vote it up
3. Deals promoted in channels etc so more people see and more people vote
4. Votes due to Goodwill of other members

The deals are those which would have been sureshot FPDs in the past now get only 15-20 degree hotness. And many invalid/clickbait deals end up getting 400/500 hotness

Need to put some restrictions on how many deals can people vote for in a day and reward members voting up for top deals .Otherwise not many have any motivation to vote up deals

There are other factors like clicks etc, but those affect only product deals.
For normal cashback offers etc. All content is posted in the thread itself, so not many will click the link. and these end up low in hotness

14 Comments  |  
12 Dimers
Cropped8143075325624108843
Deal Lieutenant
655
3080
50

I agree with u raised_hands
Especially telegram channel alert are pathetic (last few days so many deals r not working,after getting a alert when I open it will say OOS)

My ola deal posted few  week ago  but alert was sent before 2days

No proper mechanism in telegram alerts

Especially newbies winning the games on Wednesday everytime

Premam first look.jpg.image.784.410 1491053822386
Entertainer
1,414
25367
260

Hate this “New/discussed section”

If you post a flash sale type deal and no one bump it then it will go unnoticed.

By the time someone will bump it, it will be oos.

15ec882d723737c537ed6785a9cd5f5b
Perfectionist
3,390
60554
524
suplex_city wrote:

I agree with u raised_hands
Especially telegram channel alert are pathetic (last few days so many deals r not working,after getting a alert when I open it will say OOS)

My ola deal posted few  week ago  but alert was sent before 2days

No proper mechanism in telegram alerts

Especially newbies winning the games on Wednesday everytime

Finally found the reason.

https://www.desidime.com/...ps

It’s because of the groups. If you see the top 5-7 groups (based on hotness)
They mostly consist of same group of people in different combinations, and most deals shared there are their own deals (nothing wrong with that) . Hence these deals reach many people and get many views and other deals get missed meanwhile

Missing
Deal Cadet
91
638
7

Yep even many reposts by bahubali user have become hot stuck_out_tongue
A new system is required

Img 20190728 110145
Deal Subedar
151
2481
31
isntitb149 wrote:

Yep even many reposts by bahubali user have become hot stuck_out_tongue
A new system is required

His repost easily reach hotness of 500-700 even with ‘repost’ comments.

Large peace symbol
Deal Subedar
63
2074
23
Expand
_One_Miller_ wrote:

His repost easily reach hotness of 500-700 even with ‘repost’ comments.

All because of his legendary DP stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye
Expert tip: Put your DP as JCB and see magic in one week laughing

Dont waste my time
Deal Subedar
47
1436
33

Friggin right you are. I bloody missed them Skecher shoes at Myntra few days back as there was no hotness to that thread. Garbage threads are having high hotness nowadays. This new system is meh, always was. I just don’t care any more and no time that’s why never bothered to mention this.

PS- I think they could sort the deals segment wise. Like mobile phones should go under Tech category along with other tech related deals; shoes, shits etc. should go under Clothing or something like that; that way users would be able to find the right deal needed for them.

Missing
Deal Subedar
194
1080
14

That’s why I am still using old Desidime app

15ec882d723737c537ed6785a9cd5f5b
Perfectionist
3,390
60554
524
Expand
avgn wrote:

Finally found the reason.

https://www.desidime.com/...ps

It’s because of the groups. If you see the top 5-7 groups (based on hotness)
They mostly consist of same group of people in different combinations, and most deals shared there are their own deals (nothing wrong with that) . Hence these deals reach many people and get many views and other deals get missed meanwhile

@admin
How would you solve this problem where deals that are not shared in channels(now called groups), also get equal attention

I have many examples but here is one recent one, for my own deal (Not pointing at any specific member, just a sample)

Check hotness,views for these three
https://www.desidime.com/forums/hot-deals-onlin...
https://www.desidime.com/forums/hot-deals-onlin...
https://www.desidime.com/forums/hot-deals-onlin...

And now check for this one
https://www.desidime.com/forums/hot-deals-onlin...

How did the system fail 3 times?

Cropped7235903534195399961
Deal Hunter
630
14958
234
Expand
avgn wrote:

@admin
How would you solve this problem where deals that are not shared in channels(now called groups), also get equal attention

I have many examples but here is one recent one, for my own deal (Not pointing at any specific member, just a sample)

Check hotness,views for these three
https://www.desidime.com/forums/hot-deals-onlin...
https://www.desidime.com/forums/hot-deals-onlin...
https://www.desidime.com/forums/hot-deals-onlin...

And now check for this one
https://www.desidime.com/forums/hot-deals-onlin...

How did the system fail 3 times?

Chalo bhai ab tum bhi khush raho wink
Btw i added this one to group after becoming hot deal.

15ec882d723737c537ed6785a9cd5f5b
Perfectionist
3,390
60554
524
Expand
BLANCO wrote:

Chalo bhai ab tum bhi khush raho wink
Btw i added this one to group after becoming hot deal.

Whovever made it hot deal, didn’t check properly. That deal is expired toungueout

Img 20190610 wa0008
Deal Cadet
78
189
13
Expand
avgn wrote:

Whovever made it hot deal, didn’t check properly. That deal is expired toungueout

Yes that is also the case. Poster should be given rights to close or lock thread

Missing
Deal Cadet
209
385
3

I think system should also have inbuilt algoritham to see whether there are any particular accounts which almost always add hotness to deals posted by particular user / users… to identify and ban “influenced” rise in hotness

infact I have also seen that original post by me got whatever hotness it deserved but the repost got lot more hotness .. not giving the deal links here as my concern is not specific to any one such incident .. the purpose of my post is that dimers should get to see best deals with best hotness !!

Images
Deal Subedar
279
2449
31
Expand
avgn wrote:

@admin
How would you solve this problem where deals that are not shared in channels(now called groups), also get equal attention

I have many examples but here is one recent one, for my own deal (Not pointing at any specific member, just a sample)

Check hotness,views for these three
https://www.desidime.com/forums/hot-deals-onlin...
https://www.desidime.com/forums/hot-deals-onlin...
https://www.desidime.com/forums/hot-deals-onlin...

And now check for this one
https://www.desidime.com/forums/hot-deals-onlin...

How did the system fail 3 times?

I highlighted similar thing to @Priyanka
Two exact similar product deal of same brands, one which had much higher discount had significant lower hotness for obvious reasons!
Both deals posted in the gap of minutes

Missing