Need Lumia 640 LTE Indian version

81°
Deal Cadet
huntsman

Hi,

I’m looking for a new Lumia 640 Indian version, not the XL and not the USA ATT version. But i’m not able to find it anywhere. HAve tried online and also a few stores but cant find it.

Can anyone help me find it.

Btw, city is Chennai in case you need that info.

9 Comments  |  
4 Dimers
  • Sort By
Generous Generous
Link Copied

Not sure if Lumia 640 was released for the Indian markets. At least I have never seen one but you could definitely get an ATT locked one and get it unlocked officially (Not sure why you don’t want ATT unlocked one). Any particular reason you are looking for this phone?

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

in comparison to lumia 550 i guess 640 is better. Need a budget lumia that is upgrade able to win10 in future.

550 – no gorrila glass, poor camera.

lumia 640 is listed on microsoft site for indian market. are you sure it was never available in india?

ATT unlock seems too much hassle in case if there are issues and also delivery time. ofcoure need it new as well to avoid issues.

Generous Generous
Link Copied
@huntsman wrote:

in comparison to lumia 550 i guess 640 is better. Need a budget lumia that is upgrade able to win10 in future.

lumia 640 is listed on microsoft site for indian market. are you sure it was never available in india?

ATT unlock seems too much hassle in case if there are issues and also delivery time. ofcoure need it new as well to avoid issues.

In that case your choice is good as 640 is definitely a good budget phone. My sis uses one as a secondary phone and everything is good about it at $30 (she bought it during last black Friday sale).

Not 100% sure about this model’s release in India but I have never seen this model on any forums/online sellers. Even during the last black friday sale many got it shipped to India but I didn’t see anyone doing a price comparison with the one available locally (so many dimers wouldn’t have missed spotting if it was available in India)

ATT unlock is no more a hazzle. You just have to go to their website and fill the details including your IMEI number and they send the unlock code in 2-3 days but warranty won’t be available here in India. I have seen this phone going on sale in US for $30 (I guess there was an offline sale priced at $30 going on for this phone in Microsoft stores yesterday). Maybe during such sale get it shipped to India through mail forwarders or ask someone coming from US to get it for you.

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied
@huntsman wrote:

yes you are partly right.

640 in india was stopped to up the sales of 540, because indians are fools. At least that is what, most mobile manufacture believe. And to my surprise people approve of it. 540 is clearly using a downgraded SOC, with no gorilla and a inferior camera in comparison to 640 but is sold for more here. while AT&T sells for 33$ (2500 INR) in US.

i have personally imported 27 lumia 640, and successfully unlocked each one of them, using non AT&T mobility customer option,previously this month they sold it for 33$, and was able to grab a few, though less then my intention. waiting to buy more, once the price drops. now it is trending at 52$ and after import costing around 5,400 INR.

again you are right in stating lumia 640 is superior to 550 in most of hardware specification , at least to my preference.

link to discontinued lumia 640 : http://www.flipkart.com/microsoft-lumia-640/p/i...

EDIT

you can buy refurbished 640 from : http://www.shopclues.com/microsoft-lumia-640-2....

Please note indian 640’s are not LTE capable,one of the reson i like to import this model. so you could consider this on par device : http://www.amazon.in/Blu-Win-HD-LTE-Grey/dp/B00...

Generous Generous
Link Copied
@Annamalai Nārāyaṇa wrote:

@huntsman wrote:

yes you are partly right.

640 in india was stopped to up the sales of 540, because indians are fools. At least that is what, most mobile manufacture believe. And to my surprise people approve of it. 540 is clearly using a downgraded SOC, with no gorilla and a inferior camera in comparison to 640 but is sold for more here. while AT&T sells for 33$ (2500 INR) in US.

i have personally imported 27 lumia 640, and successfully unlocked each one of them, using non AT&T mobility customer option,previously this month they sold it for 33$, and was able to grab a few, though less then my intention. waiting to buy more, once the price drops. now it is trending at 52$ and after import costing around 5,400 INR.

again you are right in stating lumia 640 is superior to 550 in most of hardware specification , at least to my preference.

link to discontunued lumia 640 : http://www.flipkart.com/microsoft-lumia-640/p/i...

27? Are you a re-seller? Maybe you can help the OP get one.. By the way if you are getting them through someone in US, they are available at $30 in Microsoft stores in CA (My sister saw them on store shelf yesterday in San Francisco- some president day sale or something)

Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied

@Annamalai Nārāyaṇa
AT&T Lumia 640 doesnt support Indian LTE bands

The only 640 LTE version that supports Indian bands is AU Lumia 640 LTE

Link Copied
@getready wrote:

@Annamalai Nārāyaṇa
AT&T Lumia 640 doesnt support Indian LTE bands

The only 640 LTE version that supports Indian bands is AU Lumia 640 LTE

yes AT&T has customized/rebranded to show even a 3g/h+ as 4g.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

I have done a bit of digging on 640 LTE of ATT. As per me you need Band 3,5,20 for LTE in india. Band 5 (850) is supported by most operators here (Airtel for instance), so good chance it would work as 640 LTE has this band.

Check 550 LTE bands and I dont think it supports all indian bands. so again, you may loose a bit here.

Unless 4G is wide spread, true 4G compatibility is hard to judge. Beside Indian 4G bands are far more confusing than ROW.

Anyway since i have been waiting for sometime and couldnt get a 640, just placed order for 550 on paytm with 15 % cashback.

https://paytm.com/shop/p/microsoft-lumia-550-bl...
Effective PriceRs 7,682 after cashback + Rs 60 Shipping

Link Copied
@huntsman wrote:

I have done a bit of digging on 640 LTE of ATT. As per me you need Band 3,5,20 for LTE in india. Band 5 (850) is supported by most operators here (Airtel for instance), so good chance it would work as 640 LTE has this band.

Check 550 LTE bands and I dont think it supports all indian bands. so again, you may loose a bit here.

Unless 4G is wide spread, true 4G compatibility is hard to judge. Beside Indian 4G bands are far more confusing than ROW.

Anyway since i have been waiting for sometime and couldnt get a 640, just placed order for 550 on paytm with 15 % cashback.

https://paytm.com/shop/p/microsoft-lumia-550-bl...
Effective PriceRs 7,682 after cashback + Rs 60 Shipping

if you use cashback site you will get a few more savings.

replyuser
Click here to reply