Oil Suggestion needed

Oil Suggestion needed

166°
Screenshot 6
Deal Cadet
56
109
1

Hey, I was wondering what oils do you guys use for your daily cooking & other things.
For cooking & puja (jot) purposes my family buys mostly 3 types of oil. If needed i buy Coconut Oil on top for massages (Cold Pressed Virgin Coconut Oil) but that is it.

a) Vegetable Cooking oil – Been using Acti Heart for a while now, mostly buying 5L Tin.
b) Sesame oil (Til ka tel) – Patanjali
c) Mustard oil (Kachi Ghani / Sarso ka tel) – Nature Fresh Kachi Ghani or the Fortune

Please share & suggest how can i better & buy other alternates if you know of any while still keeping it under a budget. I would highly appreciate all suggestions. smile

36 Comments  |  
24 Dimers
Download
Shopping Friend
12
28424
466

Try to get your hands on olive oil in some loot , thats a great option, other than that i think ghee and mustard are the best choices
And coconut of course

Faith
Deal Cadet
50
577
9

You know which is the best oil for cooking

Use Castrol Engine oil.
It’s good for your heart.
Lamba chalega

Faith
Deal Cadet
50
577
9
androgame wrote:

Try to get your hands on olive oil in some loot , thats a great option, other than that i think ghee and mustard are the best choices
And coconut of course

This one is good too smile

Roger federer photos 9 150x150
Deal Subedar
111
1325
39

use kacchi ghani mustard oil

best oil for cooking

refined oil not good at all, marketing gimmicks.

Missing
Deal Cadet
91
226
2

Don’t go for gourmet suggestions or anything which hasn’t been part of your intake in your region/family or generations.

Continue with what your family is using smile

Missing
Deal Cadet
51
445
4

Doctors suggest mustard, soyabean,sunflower, ricebran oils to be used in rotation…

Cropped 67832584
Deal Cadet
204
873
8

Don’t go by any sponsored /advertised / tall and miss claimed products.

One such brand is saffola and olive oil.


Oil used according to regions in we stay is better option , like in south coconut oil , in north mustard oil or groundnut oil.


Someone above suggested using oils rotationally is also good option.
In Winters mustard oil is good option.


Best oil is sesame oil .


Cold pressed oils are good if price is not the issue.


Always use only FILTERED OIL.

Using refined oil is poison.

Oil   and  Ghee are necessary  for our body

Missing
Deal Cadet
83
516
17

Use any physical extracted organic oil,
Ground nut, sunflower seed, coconut, ghee
Never use vegetable oil, as they dont have any oil in them
Dont use olive oil u get in India, as itz all chemically processed
If budget problem use physically extracted kachi ghani
Pm me for more info
I am a nutritionist

Roger federer photos 9 150x150
Deal Subedar
111
1325
39
karanoshan wrote:

Use any physical extracted organic oil,
Ground nut, sunflower seed, coconut, ghee
Never use vegetable oil, as they dont have any oil in them
Dont use olive oil u get in India, as itz all chemically processed
If budget problem use physically extracted kachi ghani
Pm me for more info
I am a nutritionist

oh good.

will be contacting you.

Cropped4221841596618911104
Deal Cadet
72
893
14

Khacchi Ghani mustard oil is best in any use but i don’t use it the reason is i don’t like it’s smell for me it smells so bad, so i use cold pressed virgin coconut oil and my parents have a khet or land for producing coconut often the farmers also make some coconut oil. So, in short mustard oil or coconut oil is thumps up from my side

Screenshot 6
Deal Cadet
56
109
1

@maybat smile smile

Thanks for all of you guys for replying. Most suggestions are for kacchi ghani mustard oil.

@thesuspended_op You are absolutely right about the smell, my mother always say that she use to use kacchi ghani oil but neither of the kids liked it & she switched to Fortune packets. Recently i stumbled upon a deal for “Max Care Cold Pressed Virgin Coconut Oil, 1L”, costed 375.00 for liter, quite expensive for me so using it with other oils to massage.

@karanoshan Can you please make a suggestion for a particular brand. That would be very helpful

If anyone wants to comment with a particular brand selling offline or online that you have had good experiences with, please do.

So far the best i have used is this Virgin Coconut Oil i got for 375.00, have tasted it & applied it on skin it’s pretty good if you can get it in a deal price.
https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B014Y3GTLW/ref...

John
Deal Cadet
97
564
5

Usually I do not loot or check for offers on food products. I buy cold wooden pressed oil directly from oil mils. It is good. tasty and healthy.

Jon snow eulogizing the dead after the great battle of winter
Deal Cadet
112
298
2
karanoshan wrote:

Use any physical extracted organic oil,
Ground nut

Ground Nut oil 👍

Missing
suspended
336
1139
11

Of tropic who purchased 8 kg tide at 575 in Lightning deal today

Images
Deal Major
108
15388
126

Not to offense anyone, i looked at title and with much interest i clicked on the thread. Felt dejected looking at discussion!!!

Cropped6180125751458686699
Deal Subedar
147
1339
22
Paisa_de wrote:

Not to offense anyone, i looked at title and with much interest i clicked on the thread. Felt dejected looking at discussion!!!

Kya bhai so jao yaar kal Monday hai stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes

Missing
Deal Cadet
88
314
5

I dont know about market ones but I always find mustard oil very aromtic(extracted from my village mustard farm) which gives very good flavour to food unless you want to fry anything.

If you are intending to use muatard oil, please warm it first properly before dropping anything in oil.. Smell will go away and it will also give good flavour to food.

Missing
Deal Cadet
83
516
17
Rituparnadas wrote:

@maybat smile smile

Thanks for all of you guys for replying. Most suggestions are for kacchi ghani mustard oil.

@thesuspended_op You are absolutely right about the smell, my mother always say that she use to use kacchi ghani oil but neither of the kids liked it & she switched to Fortune packets. Recently i stumbled upon a deal for “Max Care Cold Pressed Virgin Coconut Oil, 1L”, costed 375.00 for liter, quite expensive for me so using it with other oils to massage.

@karanoshan Can you please make a suggestion for a particular brand. That would be very helpful

If anyone wants to comment with a particular brand selling offline or online that you have had good experiences with, please do.

So far the best i have used is this Virgin Coconut Oil i got for 375.00, have tasted it & applied it on skin it’s pretty good if you can get it in a deal price.
https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B014Y3GTLW/ref...

sent

Missing
Deal Subedar
270
2923
40
karanoshan wrote:

Use any physical extracted organic oil,
Ground nut, sunflower seed, coconut, ghee
Never use vegetable oil, as they dont have any oil in them
Dont use olive oil u get in India, as itz all chemically processed
If budget problem use physically extracted kachi ghani
Pm me for more info
I am a nutritionist

99.99% of the Sunflower oil available in the market undergoes chemical “refining” and not a “naturally extracted” oil.
Sesame, Mustard, Coconut, groundnut and Oilve (not Pumice) are some of the naturally extracted oils.

Missing
Deal Cadet
57
271
1

Desi ghee for pranthas n kids all the time.
Kachi ghani Mustard oil for frying.
Extra virign olive for salads(never buy pomace olive oil its chemical junk)
Rice bran , soyabean , groundnut , canola in rotation for cooking.
Recently brought some coconut oil, cant bear the smell in cooking so using for kids massage.
Cold pressed oil can be brought from amazon sent directly from farmers cooperatives.
I avoid brands like fortune(owned by adani) and patanjali.

Missing
Deal Cadet
83
516
17
Expand
panchabhut wrote:

99.99% of the Sunflower oil available in the market undergoes chemical “refining” and not a “naturally extracted” oil.
Sesame, Mustard, Coconut, groundnut and Oilve (not Pumice) are some of the naturally extracted oils.

Physically refined oils are not available in commercial stores, only stores like nature’s basket and online

Bal ganesh
Deal Lieutenant
94
3916
49
Expand
karanoshan wrote:

Physically refined oils are not available in commercial stores, only stores like nature’s basket and online

Ok, recommend the brands here.

Screenshot 6
Deal Cadet
56
109
1
Paisa_de wrote:

Not to offense anyone, i looked at title and with much interest i clicked on the thread. Felt dejected looking at discussion!!!

Sorry you feel that way, but i have leaned a lot from which i didn’t know past 24 hours ago. Feel free to share if you have any upstream knowledge, i already know others would be appreciative too.

Hacker detected
Deal Subedar
80
2465
62

Mustard oil is best for cooking.
Do not use refined..

Cropped 67832584
Deal Cadet
204
873
8


Don’t go for online sellers like amazon or flipkart for organic products, they can be made manipulated to suit them for commission and showing discounts.


If a manufacturer has website try it.


If you have facility nearby, can get oil extracted infront of you , nothing can beat that quality,price paid willbe worth.


Try not to use Fortune brand as someone above suggested, fortune brand is chemical junk with mostly imported oil.

Patanjali brand is good and is maintaining competitive quality with good brands, however its not organic or cold pressed.


Personally i tried 24 mantra organic groundnut oil and loved the taste and texture,it gave the feeling of pure oil.

Missing
Deal Cadet
50
103
0
jambui wrote:

Desi ghee for pranthas n kids all the time.
Kachi ghani Mustard oil for frying.
Extra virign olive for salads(never buy pomace olive oil its chemical junk)
Rice bran , soyabean , groundnut , canola in rotation for cooking.
Recently brought some coconut oil, cant bear the smell in cooking so using for kids massage.
Cold pressed oil can be brought from amazon sent directly from farmers cooperatives.
I avoid brands like fortune(owned by adani) and patanjali.

Bro you should avoid vegetable oils. Check this article, very informative.
How to choose a healthy cooking oil

Missing
Deal Cadet
129
255
5

How is canola oil??

Missing