Online Food Order

Online Food Order

95°
Missing
Deal Cadet
50
103
0

Hey, I have noticed that whenever i order online after getting big discounts then the food quantity is comparatively less than what you would get if u paid the full price and had it at the restaurant itself. Very rarely i get the desired quantity after the discount. Have used all the leading food ordering apps and experienced this quite a few times. Feels awkward to complain to the respective customer care regarding quantity after availing discounts.

So do you guys think the hotels reduce the quantity if we claim big discounts or that’s not the case at all?

13 Comments  |  
8 Dimers
Missing
Deal Cadet
51
198
4

Don’t know about others but feel they give more where I stay, maybe coz I stay alone.

Images
Deal Cadet
139
579
9

The restros are forced to give 15 to 35% cut to the online aggregators. They are bound to cut costs somewhere. Inferior food or less qty. Honestly, I’ll take less qty over inferior quality any day

Cropped2899176046513634867
Analyst
248
9266
99

I totally agreed with u….They reduces the quantity rage

Missing
Deal Cadet
50
103
0
adrishya wrote:

The restros are forced to give 15 to 35% cut to the online aggregators. They are bound to cut costs somewhere. Inferior food or less qty. Honestly, I’ll take less qty over inferior quality any day

Yeah once a guy from a restaurant told me that order directly with me and i will give you the same discount which you are getting online. Though at that time the discount wasn’t much but he was ready to match it.

Download
Shopping Friend
1
28176
457

Check with these chains – Subway, Pizza hut, dominos, burger king, MCd , Barista, CCD, Yo China, Sagar Ratna, Taco Bell, Dunkin Donuts
And many more, you would surely get standardized quality and quantity, and this is personally tested

Missing
Deal Cadet
130
729
30
androgame wrote:

Check with these chains – Subway, Pizza hut, dominos, burger king, MCd , Barista, CCD, Yo China, Sagar Ratna, Taco Bell, Dunkin Donuts
And many more, you would surely get standardized quality and quantity, and this is personally tested

Problem with these big chains is the third class staff working there. I’ve had several instances of stale food delivered from burger King and taco Bell. Only the name is international, but if you put Indian workers there, quality will drop indefinitely

Download
Shopping Friend
1
28176
457
Expand
schumacher wrote:

Problem with these big chains is the third class staff working there. I’ve had several instances of stale food delivered from burger King and taco Bell. Only the name is international, but if you put Indian workers there, quality will drop indefinitely

Might be depends on location bro, never had such experience with any of these restaurants, their workers are still better than the single unbranded outlets I think

Missing
Deal Cadet
50
103
0
androgame wrote:

Check with these chains – Subway, Pizza hut, dominos, burger king, MCd , Barista, CCD, Yo China, Sagar Ratna, Taco Bell, Dunkin Donuts
And many more, you would surely get standardized quality and quantity, and this is personally tested

Yeah standardised quantity can be accepted from these big chains but i only order mostly from the local restaurants near my house as such local food will not be available with the big chains. Do the restaurants come to know that we have availed big discounts?

Download
Shopping Friend
1
28176
457
Expand
watever wrote:

Yeah standardised quantity can be accepted from these big chains but i only order mostly from the local restaurants near my house as such local food will not be available with the big chains. Do the restaurants come to know that we have availed big discounts?

I dont think so bro, they get a stipulated amount (the food aggregators usually charge a hefty commission though)
So that might be the reason restaurants are sending substandard food

Missing
Deal Cadet
145
455
11

At my location only Swiggy & Zomato is available + I only order veg only restaurant..

In Swiggy, I only get sweets outlet.. No issue of quality/quantity..
Instead they list higher price then in-store price

In zomato, I get only one outlet.. which again charges more (by adding up GST on in-store price) instead of lesser quantity / inferior quality..

So, I am OK with higher charge instead of inferior food whenever final order value is less after offer application.. else order directly with store..

Missing
Deal Cadet
50
103
0
Ramesh1997 wrote:

In zomato, I get only one outlet.. which again charges more (by adding up GST on in-store price) instead of lesser quantity / inferior quality..

Have no issue with the quality of food only feel that the quantity is bit less in orders which i get good discount on.

Large peace symbol
Deal Subedar
63
2074
23

I order hardy once a month or if there is  any great deal. Haven’t faced issue regarding quantity but quality many times. Although i hesitate to giving low ratings as i had ordered at very cheap price . Sometimes a full dinner costs only as cinema popcorn(with salt🤪) , so sometimes i feel okay to leave quality issues(most of times hotness)

Missing
Deal Cadet
50
103
0
BARCODE wrote:

I order hardy once a month or if there is  any great deal. Haven’t faced issue regarding quantity but quality many times. Although i hesitate to giving low ratings as i had ordered at very cheap price . Sometimes a full dinner costs only as cinema popcorn(with salt🤪) , so sometimes i feel okay to leave quality issues(most of times hotness)

Yeah as i mentioned in the first post i feel really awkward to complain regarding the less quantity coz of availing big discount on that particular order.

Missing