Online Food Order

127°
Deal Cadet
watever

Hey, I have noticed that whenever i order online after getting big discounts then the food quantity is comparatively less than what you would get if u paid the full price and had it at the restaurant itself. Very rarely i get the desired quantity after the discount. Have used all the leading food ordering apps and experienced this quite a few times. Feels awkward to complain to the respective customer care regarding quantity after availing discounts.

So do you guys think the hotels reduce the quantity if we claim big discounts or that’s not the case at all?

13 Comments  |  
8 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Don’t know about others but feel they give more where I stay, maybe coz I stay alone.

Deal Legend Deal Legend
Link Copied

The restros are forced to give 15 to 35% cut to the online aggregators. They are bound to cut costs somewhere. Inferior food or less qty. Honestly, I’ll take less qty over inferior quality any day

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Yeah once a guy from a restaurant told me that order directly with me and i will give you the same discount which you are getting online. Though at that time the discount wasn’t much but he was ready to match it.

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied

I totally agreed with u….They reduces the quantity rage

Pro Community Angel Pro Community Angel
Link Copied

Check with these chains – Subway, Pizza hut, dominos, burger king, MCd , Barista, CCD, Yo China, Sagar Ratna, Taco Bell, Dunkin Donuts
And many more, you would surely get standardized quality and quantity, and this is personally tested

Vanguard Vanguard
Link Copied

Problem with these big chains is the third class staff working there. I’ve had several instances of stale food delivered from burger King and taco Bell. Only the name is international, but if you put Indian workers there, quality will drop indefinitely

View 3 more replies
Pro Shopping Friend Pro Shopping Friend
Link Copied

At my location only Swiggy & Zomato is available + I only order veg only restaurant..

In Swiggy, I only get sweets outlet.. No issue of quality/quantity..
Instead they list higher price then in-store price

In zomato, I get only one outlet.. which again charges more (by adding up GST on in-store price) instead of lesser quantity / inferior quality..

So, I am OK with higher charge instead of inferior food whenever final order value is less after offer application.. else order directly with store..

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Have no issue with the quality of food only feel that the quantity is bit less in orders which i get good discount on.

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

I order hardy once a month or if there is  any great deal. Haven’t faced issue regarding quantity but quality many times. Although i hesitate to giving low ratings as i had ordered at very cheap price . Sometimes a full dinner costs only as cinema popcorn(with salt🤪) , so sometimes i feel okay to leave quality issues(most of times hotness)

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Yeah as i mentioned in the first post i feel really awkward to complain regarding the less quantity coz of availing big discount on that particular order.

replyuser
Click here to reply