Online travel portals MakeMyTrip and ibibo anno...

Online travel portals MakeMyTrip and ibibo announce merger

Score: 6 Votes: 6
Score: 6 Votes: 6
Score: 6 Votes: 6
Score: 6 Votes: 6
Score: 6 Votes: 6
BML
296295 200355740035872 100001843435985 440416 698692391 n
Deal Subedar
3
150
1224
93

Two leading travel groups in India, MakeMyTrip Limited and ibibo Group (owned by global technology group Naspers Limited, have agreed to pursue a transaction that will combine the two businesses under MMYT, creating one of the leading travel groups in India that provides a one-stop shop for all Indian travellers and serves as a critical partner for travel industry suppliers.

The combination will bring together a bouquet of leading consumer travel brands, including MakeMyTrip, goibibo, redBus, Ryde and Rightstay, which together processed 34.1 mm transactions during FY2016.

Read more at:
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow...

  • In
23 Comments  |  
13 Dimers
Thumbimgcrop 1477366555711
Deal Cadet
0
66
212
3

This might end the crazy discounts on hotels… !!!! Waiting to see hw it unfolds…..

Achilles armour
Dimer Of The Year 2012
27
2,079
56006
1065

Ayyo https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_sad.gif

Osho
Critic
21
169
13308
214
@Achilles wrote:

Ayyo https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_sad.gif



What will you lose in this? https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_rolleyes.gif

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
2
143
3708
42
@Magus wrote:

@Achilles wrote:

Ayyo https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_sad.gif



What will you lose in this? https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_rolleyes.gif

Reduced competition, increased monopoly.

ad bot
1
1
1
1
Ad Bot

I found this sponsored content on one of the ad networks.

Achilles armour
Dimer Of The Year 2012
27
2,079
56006
1065

Repost
Already posted in DnD section

Missing
Deal Subedar
2
137
2186
62
@ranjithsai01 wrote:


@Magus wrote:


@Achilles wrote:

Ayyo https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_sad.gif



What will you lose in this? https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_rolleyes.gif


Reduced competition, increased monopoly.

True….

Achilles armour
Dimer Of The Year 2012
27
2,079
56006
1065
@Magus wrote:

@Achilles wrote:

Ayyo https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_sad.gif



What will you lose in this? https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_rolleyes.gif

No competition, then no discounts https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_confused.gif

Images %286%29
Deal Captain
4
187
13216
218
@Magus wrote:

@Achilles wrote:

Ayyo https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_sad.gif



What will you lose in this? https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_rolleyes.gif

I will lose huge in it. https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_sad.gif

After Flipkart occupying Myntra, this is the 2nd merger/acquisition which I hated the most. I booked too much from Goibibo during past 2 & half years and lately moved to MMT but now it seems everything is going to get ruined. https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_sad.gif

Missing
Deal Cadet
2
171
782
22

Now MMT, Ibibo and Redbus under the same umbrella. https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_cry.gif Only big competition remaining is Cleartrip and frankly never got a feeling that Cleartrip is actually interested in competing.

Images %286%29
Deal Captain
4
187
13216
218
@lanny25 wrote:

Now MMT, Ibibo and Redbus under the same umbrella. https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_cry.gif Only big competition remaining is Cleartrip and frankly never got a feeling that Cleartrip is actually interested in competing.


Cleartrip won’t get into it. They don’t take risk. And I am sure things will really go worse.

Off topic: God knows how long Citrus will remain the same as PayUmoney has also occupied them so who knows tomorrow they will also start charging for withdrawal.

Missing
Deal Cadet
2
171
782
22
@BUTTERFLYBOY wrote:

@lanny25 wrote:

Now MMT, Ibibo and Redbus under the same umbrella. https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_cry.gif Only big competition remaining is Cleartrip and frankly never got a feeling that Cleartrip is actually interested in competing.


Cleartrip won’t get into it. They don’t take risk.


Rightly said. I believe Cleartrip has and targets a different group of users. They are the ones who are looking for a no fuss booking experience. Their UI is a stark contrast when compared to MMT. These are the users who don’t care about discounts, as is proven by Cleartrip’s offers (which BTW are virtually non existent)

Images %286%29
Deal Captain
4
187
13216
218
@Achilles wrote:

Ayyo https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_sad.gif


Indigenous expression. https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_lol.gif

India
Deal Major
4
96
15114
122
@BUTTERFLYBOY wrote:

Off topic: God knows how long Citrus will remain the same as PayUmoney has also occupied them so who knows tomorrow they will also start charging for withdrawal.


They are merging their operations as well in next 6 months. https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

Images %286%29
Deal Captain
4
187
13216
218
@parthponkiya8 wrote:

@BUTTERFLYBOY wrote:

Off topic: God knows how long Citrus will remain the same as PayUmoney has also occupied them so who knows tomorrow they will also start charging for withdrawal.


They are merging their operations as well in next 6 months. https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif


Not sure if I should laugh or feel pity. https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_sad.gif
edit: Pity on many others too. https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

Thumbimgcrop 1477366555711
Deal Cadet
0
66
212
3

And MMT share price on nasdaq zooms by 48%….. !!!

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
2
143
3708
42
@BUTTERFLYBOY wrote:

@lanny25 wrote:

Now MMT, Ibibo and Redbus under the same umbrella. https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_cry.gif Only big competition remaining is Cleartrip and frankly never got a feeling that Cleartrip is actually interested in competing.


Cleartrip won’t get into it. They don’t take risk. And I am sure things will really go worse.

Off topic: God knows how long Citrus will remain the same as PayUmoney has also occupied them so who knows tomorrow they will also start charging for withdrawal.


I hope at least not for another month. Have a huge amount to be transferred https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_sad.gif

Stupendous man
Deal Captain
0
287
8424
89

Would my Goibibo points converted into MMT? https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

Missing
Deal Cadet
0
61
389
4
@Stupendous Man wrote:

Would my Goibibo points converted into MMT? https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif


They are not going to kill Goibibo brand.

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
2
143
3708
42
@Kakinada wrote:

@Stupendous Man wrote:

Would my Goibibo points converted into MMT? https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif


They are not going to kill Goibibo brand.


Not right now but eventually they will.

Bartimaeus
Deal Cadet
0
2
932
23

goCash usage limit has been changed to 2%. Wasn’t it 10% before? https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_confused.gif Has become even more useless https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_evil.gif

“You can only pay upto 2.0% of booking amount or Rs.500.0 (whichever is lower) using goCash.”

Anything to do with the merger, perhaps?

Edit: Heard from customer care that it is up to 10%, so it can be anywhere from 1 – 10% https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_confused.gif

Missing