Only electric vehicles to be produced in India after 2030 ?

194°
Helpful
b4tm4n

I was reading news about some company eBikeGo launching electric bike on rentals in Delhi claiming to reduce pollution…and I found some news related to this topic

https://qrius.com/electric-vehicles-india...0/
https://www.thehindu.com/news/national/karnatak...#!
These are 1 year old articles.
I was not aware of this…..

Some Questions >>
1. Are there any electric vehicles available in indian market ? I heard about mahindra e2o only…
2. Which companies are popular for manufacturing of electrical vehicles/equipments ?
3. Is buying shares of such companies a good idea..? still 11 years left to 2030

28 Comments  |  
13 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Ather 450
Okinowa i- praise
Still many are there. I think ather is best in terms of look and performance.
U can visit www.atherener...om for more details.

Link Copied

This is India brother. A decade back there was Vision 2020, Power for all, Mumbai the next Shanghai.. Now nobody recalls those, because government changed, vision become 2030… These long term projects are just marketing gimmicks and false promises. Nobody sincerely put efforts to keep the record straight. Bas sarkar bach jaaye yehi maqsad hai..

You will still find obsolete cars running. So saying electric bikes only by 2030 is like another selling gimmick.

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

Some Facts >>
According to WHO, India is part of 13 out of 20 most air polluted global cities in the world.
More than 1 million people per year die in our country due to Air toxicity.

In 2017…
In support of paris climate agreement, our govt agreed that by 2030, only electric cars will be produced.
Government claimed that 37% carbon emissions will get reduced by 2030 due to electric vehicles.

In 2018…
Our govt announced to roll out of 10000 electric vehicles by end of 2018. Somehow govt delayed this plan and shifted to 2019..
Government also said that they are looking at charging infrastructure and policy framework to have 30% of vehicles in India from existing 100% target of electric vehicles by 2030..

Considering all this.. at least we can say that govt is going to promote electric vehicles ?

Generous Generous
Link Copied

No way. India will become the manufacturing hub of Asia in the next 2 decades. So, it will require all kinds of technologies. The goal is to make atleast 30% new vehicle sales electric. Considering the rapid growth in electric tech, its going to make a lot of financial sense to ditch petroleum powered vehicles in 5-10 years for a massive number of people in India. Then, there would be an automatic increase in demand for electric vehicles in India and the industry will change to suit that need.

PS: There are a lot of electric scooters around and are getting bought by people. Okinawa is a popular one among the masses right now. Ather is only popular among the rich and upper middle class. Hero Electric is there as well. Mahindra and Tata have come out with electric cars for the government, mostly. Aside from these, many new companies are coming with electric scooters this year in India.
I have been to many Ather conferences. They don’t know when they will recover the cost of research and development and hope they will break even in 5-6 years. They want more middle class youngsters to buy their product. They consider themselves the Apple of electric scooters.

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

Bro, I have checked some e vehicle websites and I guess most of these big companies/startups have their manufacturing locations in karnataka only.
Infact, most companies launched their vehicles preferably in Bangalore..
Bro, have you personally tried any e vehicle?
Any reviews..reliable/convenient to use?
Availablity of charging stations..?
@jesikumar

View 4 more replies
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Even we didnt expected such a rapid increase in Data usage by indians. Just a strong support from Big Business Magnets required to put hands behind the EV’s. They will become super success. And day by day Batteries price is decreasing and their efficiency is increasing.. So hope EV’s will become best alternative for current vehicles so that Pollution will be under control..

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

after 2029, next vision will be 2040 lol

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied
joy..
I am thinking now like I have unnecessarily created this topic.
Needed answer for 3rd query sweat_smile
View 2 more replies
Link Copied

Our group had made “Segway two wheeler” working model as a final year project. sweat_smile
That works based on the principle of Electric propulsion.
Yes, they are available in Indian market.

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

I guess I need to study this topic in depth.. I found some useful info regarding electric vehicles on wikipedia.. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_vehicl...
btw, are you an electrical engineer? sweat_smile

View 1 more reply
Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

Listed All Types of e Vehicle/Manufacturers in India… point_down

Electric cars >>
1. Mahindra e20Plus
2. Mahindra e-Verito
3. Mahindra e-KUV 100
4. Tata Tigor Electric
5. Tata Tiago Electric

Hybrid cars ( propelled by both fuel engine and electric motor) >>
1. Toyota Prius
2. Toyota Camry Hybrid
3. BMW i8
4. Honda Accord Hybrid

Bikes Manufacturers >>
• Twenty Two Motors
• Ampere vehicles
AVERA New and Renewable Energy Moto Corp Tech Pvt Ltd
• Okinawa Autotech Pvt. Ltd.
• Ather Energy Pvt Ltd
• Heroelectric (Hero Motocorp)
• YoBykes (ELECTROTHERM (INDIA) LTD.)
• Lohia Auto Industries
• Palatino (Xxplore Automotive Pvt Ltd.)
• Tork Motors
• EMflux motors
• Tunwal E Vehicles private limited
BPG
EKO
• OK PLAY
• Rexnamo

Autos Manufacturers >>
• Volta Motors
• Kinetic Green
• Gayam Motor Works
REEP Industries – REEP Motors
• Mahindra electric
• Ampere Vehicles
• Go Green BOV
• OK play
• Atul Auto Ltd.

Buses >>
1. Ashok Leyland Electric
2. Starbus Electric 9m by Tata Motors

Battery Manufacturers >>
1. Exide Industries
2. Amara Raja Batteries (Amaron)

Link Copied

Yesterday, I spotted a Tunwal electric bike on road. Is there any exchange offer working on any of these electric vehicles. Need to upgrade from/ get rid of my Honda Dio.

View 4 more replies
Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

@marketdimer
Please go through this topic.
your suggestions needed.

Analyst Analyst
Link Copied

there are many local e-rickshaw makers in india and slowly sales is increasing however two-wheeler doesn’t sell because of slow speed and maintainability, repair problems and seating capacity. baaki to jo hai so hai.

View 1 more reply
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Hydrogen cells are far better than batteries when it comes to vehicles but it may take few decades to make them viable.
Batteries are highly polluting to environment and guess where the entire world will send them for recycling ? India and other 3rd world nations.

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

100% Valid point.

Where will they send millions of batteries after usage?
Okay let’s start with … " What will happen to all the old Tesla cars?"

replyuser
Click here to reply