Paypal Refund Timeline

Paypal Refund Timeline

190°
Redhat
Tech Guru
250
1320
20

Paid on Medlife through paypal on 7th April. Used SBI debit card. Medlife cancelled the order and on the 7th April paypal issued refund.

Now the issue is I did not get the amount refunded back to my SBI account yet. When I try to raise a support ticket / dispute on the txn payapl is showing me a message to contact the sender but here payapl itself is the sender.

Anything I need to do or just wait for few more days ? How long paypal refund generally takes to get credited to on bank account ? Any idea ?

27 Comments  |  
9 Dimers
Images
Entertainer
45
34809
352

I guess wait for few more days till 21st. Usually refunds are processed within 14 days

Redhat
Tech Guru
250
1320
20

Thanks. Will wait till 21st.

Download
Shopping Friend
1
28152
455
topgear wrote:

Thanks. Will wait till 21st.

Bro it depends on the bank, maximum time limit is 30 working days, you can approach paypal for refund details after this time frame and with those details to your bank, if bank doesnt provide any solution then go to the respective RBI ombudsmen (this is the most extreme thing, mostly your problem would be solved in the 30 days time frame automatically)

Missing
Deal Newbie
51
62
1

I have got refund on sbi debit card on 4,5,6 and 9 April from netmeds & medlife…still not credited in bank

Redhat
Tech Guru
250
1320
20
ssshubham321 wrote:

I have got refund on sbi debit card on 4,5,6 and 9 April from netmeds & medlife…still not credited in bank

once you get refund please do post here. I’ll also keep this thread updated.

Missing
Deal Cadet
229
423
4

I earlier got refund in bank on/after 10th days(6-7 working days) after refund mail recieved from paypal

Missing
Deal Cadet
64
393
3
Expand
topgear wrote:

once you get refund please do post here. I’ll also keep this thread updated.

I got refund of 4th april today….5,6 and 9 april remaining

Missing
Analyst
1
5690
161
Expand
androgame wrote:

Bro it depends on the bank, maximum time limit is 30 working days, you can approach paypal for refund details after this time frame and with those details to your bank, if bank doesnt provide any solution then go to the respective RBI ombudsmen (this is the most extreme thing, mostly your problem would be solved in the 30 days time frame automatically)

Hmmm. I haven’t got refund in my SBI account from IRCTC since 45 days. Paid by BharatQR on Payzapp.

Redhat
Tech Guru
250
1320
20
Expand
ssshubham wrote:

I got refund of 4th april today….5,6 and 9 april remaining

Hmm .. 4th April’s refund on 16th April so it may take roughly 10 – 12 days.

On a side note got refund from ali express last time within 8 days.

Redhat
Tech Guru
250
1320
20
Expand
LIMBO wrote:

Hmmm. I haven’t got refund in my SBI account from IRCTC since 45 days. Paid by BharatQR on Payzapp.

did you contact anyone ?

Once flipkart+icici gateway + UBI ( united bank of India ) page galloped my Rs. 72 – never got that refunded. Earlier whenever there was a failed txn ( 2015 ) 7 out of 10 times I had to contact UBI for getting refund – now they have at-least improved in that matter but won’t recommend this sh1ty bank to anyone though.

Missing
Analyst
1
5690
161
Expand
topgear wrote:

did you contact anyone ?

Once flipkart+icici gateway + UBI ( united bank of India ) page galloped my Rs. 72 – never got that refunded. Earlier whenever there was a failed txn ( 2015 ) 7 out of 10 times I had to contact UBI for getting refund – now they have at-least improved in that matter but won’t recommend this sh1ty bank to anyone though.

Yes. IRCTC umpteen times. According to IRCTC they processed the refunds the next day and also provided the refund reference nos. Since 26th March however no meaningful responses. SBI CC are taking their own sweet time. What’s surprising that for a ticket cancelled much later on 29th March the refund was credited within 7 days. I did receive the refunds for the service charges/payment gateway but not the base fares!

Redhat
Tech Guru
250
1320
20
Expand
LIMBO wrote:

Yes. IRCTC umpteen times. According to IRCTC they processed the refunds the next day and also provided the refund reference nos. Since 26th March however no meaningful responses. SBI CC are taking their own sweet time. What’s surprising that for a ticket cancelled much later on 29th March the refund was credited within 7 days. I did receive the refunds for the service charges/payment gateway but not the base fares!

raise a complain here :
https://pgportal.g...n/

This worked for me for getting refund of security deposit from BSNL.

Redhat
Tech Guru
250
1320
20

No refund yet …. 12 Days passed.

Also waiting for refund from Aliexpress – guess SBI is taking this long for refund.

Missing
Deal Cadet
64
393
3
topgear wrote:

No refund yet …. 12 Days passed.

Also waiting for refund from Aliexpress – guess SBI is taking this long for refund.

I have Received all refund in bank yesterday from netmeds & medlife- paypal

Redhat
Tech Guru
250
1320
20

Okay – I need help now. i think something is not right with my SBi account hence no refund is getting credited. Waiting for one refund from paypal and another one from ali express.

Found this website for lodging complain but did not find any thing about refund. So which option is most appropriate for refund ?
https://cms.onlinesbi.co...S/

A2z1
Community Angel
418
34676
453
topgear wrote:

Okay – I need help now. i think something is not right with my SBi account hence no refund is getting credited. Waiting for one refund from paypal and another one from ali express.

Found this website for lodging complain but did not find any thing about refund. So which option is most appropriate for refund ?
https://cms.onlinesbi.co...S/

Lodge complaint at following link, it helped me resolve paypal permanent ban issue

http://www.consumerhelpline.g...n/

cc:
@DEALSTER

Redhat
Tech Guru
250
1320
20

Thank you. I suspect SBI here as before I got refund from aliexpress within 8 days and refund from flipkart in 1 day. But suddenly not getting any refund from any sources on my SBI account.

Logged a complain on SBI consumer support portal.Let’s wait for that for now . If nothing works I’ll lodge complain on the portal mentioned by you.

Redhat
Tech Guru
250
1320
20

Status Update :

Complain has been attended to and closed with resolution : Please lodge your complaint through ATM disputed transaction for early redressal.

Now problem is I can’t seem to find any option for " ATM disputed transaction " on the complain lodging portal of SBI.

Cropped27069613
Deal Subedar
394
1597
18

similar case with me.
txn done on 7th Apr and order cancelled by medlife, haven’t received refund in bank but refund showing in paypal account.
contacted paypal cc.
they have suggested me to wait for 30 days.

Redhat
Tech Guru
250
1320
20

okay mate keep the topic updated.

Redhat
Tech Guru
250
1320
20

Got refund of both Payapl and Aliexpress. Just for information purpose :

1. Refunds from Aliexpress / payapl marked as : BULK POSTING ( in Description ) – no ref. / cheque no.

2. Refund from Flipkart marked as : BY TRANSFER SBIPG ( in Description ) – it has ref. /cheque no.

So in case of refunds transaction with OTHPG takes long time ( hometown / aliexpress / paypal ) but if it’s SBIPG is takes very less time like flipkart. You can check OTHPHG/ SBIPG from transaction description.

Or it could be SBI queuing up the refunds and releasing it on a fixed day or it could be my ticket raised earlier today. Paypal refunded on 7th April and Aliexpress on 10th April but got today both at same time.

Hope those who still have not get their refund gets it soon.

Thanks guys for staying with me on this issue.

Redhat
Tech Guru
250
1320
20

Great, Glad to know. Did you contact SBI regarding refund ?

Cropped27069613
Deal Subedar
394
1597
18
topgear wrote:

Great, Glad to know. Did you contact SBI regarding refund ?

no bro..i have hardly faced refund issues from sbi.
I am new to paypal but using sbi since last 8 years.
I guess it’s issue at paypal end.
they usually do not instantly refund the amount in bank.

Redhat
Tech Guru
250
1320
20

Okay, Thanks for info. The only thing I’m wondering how come refund from payap,and aliexpress got credited on the same day – may be coincident biggrin

Missing