paytm fraud

paytm fraud

92°
Mv5bmtg0ndm3ndmyof5bml5banbnxkftztcwmda5mdywoa  . v1 sx429 cr0 0 429 415 al
Deal Cadet
77
298
0

Dear friends…i lost 5000 rs via sbi debit card, without any otp /message…when i checked my bank mini statement than I found that my card hv been used for this fraud on paytm platform…i am always cautious about online transaction,i didn’t share my any card details with any one in any form….still i dont how it happened….i didn’t received any kyc related call/msg for paytm 

28 Comments  |  
14 Dimers
Missing
Deal Newbie
50
20
0

Did u talk with customer care. When did the transaction happen?

0adb54b33378ab05c450d11f8dd0c7be
Deal Subedar
257
1314
11

Have you sideloaded any app on your smartphone?

Cropped5479487494821598503
Deal Newbie
66
88
1

Kindly show the statement My account also debited by 500 ….bcoz I have only 500 in account sweat_smile

Missing
Deal Newbie
87
63
0

Open yono sbi check transactions

U will get UTR number

And when it is used. Though u can contact cyber crime

Missing
Deal Cadet
50
256
0

How can the transaction go through without otp on paytm since the payment gateway is not an international one?

Mv5bmtg0ndm3ndmyof5bml5banbnxkftztcwmda5mdywoa  . v1 sx429 cr0 0 429 415 al
Deal Cadet
77
298
0
maverickm wrote:

Did u talk with customer care. When did the transaction happen?

On 30 nov….only sbi c.care responded.. ..paytm still not responding??

Mv5bmtg0ndm3ndmyof5bml5banbnxkftztcwmda5mdywoa  . v1 sx429 cr0 0 429 415 al
Deal Cadet
77
298
0
igen wrote:

Have you sideloaded any app on your smartphone?

No….i am much aware about these things…but still it happend..and I heard that upi fraund mostly happen without otp but how is it possible on debit card

Mv5bmtg0ndm3ndmyof5bml5banbnxkftztcwmda5mdywoa  . v1 sx429 cr0 0 429 415 al
Deal Cadet
77
298
0
Rockerz82 wrote:

Kindly show the statement My account also debited by 500 ….bcoz I have only 500 in account sweat_smile

In statement it is showing-OTHPG paytm and some order/ref no

Mv5bmtg0ndm3ndmyof5bml5banbnxkftztcwmda5mdywoa  . v1 sx429 cr0 0 429 415 al
Deal Cadet
77
298
0
watever wrote:

How can the transaction go through without otp on paytm since the payment gateway is not an international one?

I am also confused.. but now a days these type of incident happening….better is never store/save your card details on any app…. anything can happen…

Cropped2095331610
Deal Cadet
150
531
14
Expand
pritosh wrote:

In statement it is showing-OTHPG paytm and some order/ref no

Have u setup ur card for auto-load facility on Paytm ?

Mv5bmtg0ndm3ndmyof5bml5banbnxkftztcwmda5mdywoa  . v1 sx429 cr0 0 429 415 al
Deal Cadet
77
298
0
Expand
Skyislimit wrote:

Have u setup ur card for auto-load facility on Paytm ?

No

Cropped5479487494821598503
Deal Newbie
66
88
1
Expand
pritosh wrote:

No….i am much aware about these things…but still it happend..and I heard that upi fraund mostly happen without otp but how is it possible on debit card

May you have swipe up your card in any store…they save the information…Finally I get to know my 500rs was debited by a restaurant..where I used swipe on card

46518697 2469454063095338 7352322572903514112 o
Deal Subedar
20
2169
84

This is really strange.
Today i had received a msg from some wefdsfk saying my pay2tm kyc is expired something pls call on some no.
I deleted that msg. it seems like there are too many frauds happening…

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
177
6842
115

i have been getting regular OTP sms of paytm and mobikwik login without even requesting it confused

Mv5bmtg0ndm3ndmyof5bml5banbnxkftztcwmda5mdywoa  . v1 sx429 cr0 0 429 415 al
Deal Cadet
77
298
0
Expand
Rockerz82 wrote:

May you have swipe up your card in any store…they save the information…Finally I get to know my 500rs was debited by a restaurant..where I used swipe on card

No my friend,I always use gift /virtual physical card for swipe….

Samantha
Deal Lieutenant
143
4985
101
Expand
pritosh wrote:

No my friend,I always use gift /virtual physical card for swipe….

then , This fraud not by paytm. it is by some website who uses paytm as payment gateway.

Mv5bmtg0ndm3ndmyof5bml5banbnxkftztcwmda5mdywoa  . v1 sx429 cr0 0 429 415 al
Deal Cadet
77
298
0
Expand
aswaniexpress wrote:

then , This fraud not by paytm. it is by some website who uses paytm as payment gateway.

But without otp??

Samantha
Deal Lieutenant
143
4985
101
Expand
pritosh wrote:

But without otp??

that is surprise how transaction went through without OTP.
did you disable international transaction on your card ?

Mv5bmtg0ndm3ndmyof5bml5banbnxkftztcwmda5mdywoa  . v1 sx429 cr0 0 429 415 al
Deal Cadet
77
298
0
Expand
aswaniexpress wrote:

that is surprise how transaction went through without OTP.
did you disable international transaction on your card ?

Yes, international transaction was disable

Samantha
Deal Lieutenant
143
4985
101
Expand
pritosh wrote:

Yes, international transaction was disable

then only sbi & paytm to help here.
please update the thread once you get the resolution.

Mv5bmtg0ndm3ndmyof5bml5banbnxkftztcwmda5mdywoa  . v1 sx429 cr0 0 429 415 al
Deal Cadet
77
298
0
Expand
aswaniexpress wrote:

then only sbi & paytm to help here.
please update the thread once you get the resolution.

Luckily I got my money back….SBI credited this amount in my account… PAYTM didn’t help in this matter…hard feelings but I think PAYTM employees (old/current) r involved in these types of matter….bcz i never shared any kind of details to other person/sites….i only saved my debit çard details on paytm…

Faith
Deal Cadet
50
622
9
Expand
pritosh wrote:

Luckily I got my money back….SBI credited this amount in my account… PAYTM didn’t help in this matter…hard feelings but I think PAYTM employees (old/current) r involved in these types of matter….bcz i never shared any kind of details to other person/sites….i only saved my debit çard details on paytm…

Good to hear that u got the money back. But I don’t understand, How did sbi credit the money when it was stolen from Paytm platform ? I believe this maybe because SBI too was involved in this w.r.t some issue with their system. Also this shows the real picture of Paytm. They just don’t give a shit Abt customers.. Me and my family have already stopped using paytm.

Mv5bmtg0ndm3ndmyof5bml5banbnxkftztcwmda5mdywoa  . v1 sx429 cr0 0 429 415 al
Deal Cadet
77
298
0
Expand
maybat wrote:

Good to hear that u got the money back. But I don’t understand, How did sbi credit the money when it was stolen from Paytm platform ? I believe this maybe because SBI too was involved in this w.r.t some issue with their system. Also this shows the real picture of Paytm. They just don’t give a shit Abt customers.. Me any my family have already stopped using paytm.

No…. actually there is a rule regarding this ..i dont know much abt it but a sbi employee told that sbi will credit this amount into ur account and will recover this money from paytm(if sbi isn’t at fault)…he told me that sbi will be liable if fraud happens on debit or credit cards(some t&c also thr) but sbi won’t be liable if fraud happens on upi platform…

Mv5bmtg0ndm3ndmyof5bml5banbnxkftztcwmda5mdywoa  . v1 sx429 cr0 0 429 415 al
Deal Cadet
77
298
0

And one more thing…paytm is full of crap….i requested many times with them but always got a reply that they r unable to traçe this trànsaction while i contact with sbi only one time and they resolved it….they credited whole amount … definitely something happening on paytm platform…..paytm is not trustable at all…

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
273
3035
41
Expand
pritosh wrote:

No…. actually there is a rule regarding this ..i dont know much abt it but a sbi employee told that sbi will credit this amount into ur account and will recover this money from paytm(if sbi isn’t at fault)…he told me that sbi will be liable if fraud happens on debit or credit cards(some t&c also thr) but sbi won’t be liable if fraud happens on upi platform…

UPI is directly linked to Account not to debit card. You indicated that transaction happened through card. UPI does not need OTP and works on user defined PIN.

Missing