Okay so today was my first order on peppertap since it launched in Mumbai. I was eagerly waiting for some competitor like peppertap to hook me off Grofers so as soon as I knew peppertap launched in Mumbai I booked my order with @vcxv referral code. So even though it’s early for me to comment on peppertap lets compare these two hyper local delivery startups
1) UI: Peppertap wins in the battle of UI. Much more sleeker UI not fully material design but a few elements in peppertap app comply with material design standard . And each category has product images which grofers lack. Imp. Also different sizes neatly stacked up and also ordering from desktop option overall software devs at peppertap seem to have done a great job
2) Delivery Time: I booked an order around noon yesterday and the next available slot was only today noon. Even as I write I checked out and the delivery slot currently avaliable in Mumbai is 6 to 8 tommorow. Atleast for the time being grofers wins since its really 90 mins for me or even earlier.
Edit: As per the dimers comments below it looks like either due to excessive order on account or referalls or being new in mumbai operations there is this delay in delivery.
3)range of Products: I can’t really comment on the range of products but overall both seem really satisfactory. You have a complete list to choose from so overall it’s a tie in this department
4) Wrong products delivered: Both are the same. In my very first order I had ordered yipee noodles 3 packs whereas they gave me a pack of 4 instead of 3 packs of rs10. Grofers also does it all the time.And as I say these are more like logistics company ( I don’t know exact peppertap model) and these mistakes are bound to happen which only full fledged retailers like bigbasket, rfreshdirect can address.
5) Alternative: grofers have most of the times called and asked whether a substitute product is fine if they can’t find a particular product. But in my first order with peppertap they couldn’t find lion deseeded dates and without even asking if any alternative is available they ticked it off stating its oos. A good part about peppertap in all this was atleast it cared to remove the item from the app since when I checked again they removed the item from the app. In all grofers won on this front
6) Discounts: Grofers seems to be the undisputed king due to numerous coupons which seem to be avaliable atleast a couple which work even on old accounts every week. Peppertap generally seems to be giving discounts only to new users and occasion specific discounts + some happy hours discounts so I guess both are good if u have to place a single order a week. Don’t forget that some products on peppertap already carry some discount so your % discount is more but even grofers send some freebies on Saturdays or Sundays so basically it’s a draw on this front
6) Refunds: refunds on peppertap happen in peppercash whereas grofers follows cash refunds/refund in ur bank acc. I’m not a strong supporter of such worthless wallets cause u stick ur money which cant be used nowhere else.anyways not a decisive factor but still something to be wary about.
7) Delivery guys: grofers have all their guys painted orange all over whereas the peppertap delivery guy was in plain uniform. Nothing much to comment since again it’s not anything which can affect ur buying decision
8)cc support: can’t comment because dint try calling peppertap cc
Note: As it was my first order with peppertap so somethings which I posted about peppertap might be contrary to what other users might have observed . Feel free to point out and correct those parts.