phone for mom

phone for mom

165°
Missing
Deal Subedar
11
1055
10

I need mobile phone suggestions for my mother.
Budget is around 10-15k, preferable brand is Xiaomi (because she is used to miui)
Use cases are pretty typical like whatsapp, capturing images, YouTube etc.
Also is any sale nearbuy? Need the phone before 1st january.

29 Comments  |  
18 Dimers
Ngbbs4cfc5ca39efee
Deal Cadet
141
962
80

Redmi note 8

Pankaj
Budding Star
591
13084
105

The title must be " phone around 10-15k " is sufficient.. no special design phone available in market for mom 😝😝

Ngbbs4cfc5ca39efee
Deal Cadet
141
962
80
Investigator wrote:

The title must be " phone around 10-15k " is sufficient.. no special design phone available in market for mom 😝😝

Inka kahne ka matlab hai more durable, not required for pubg ,)

Pankaj
Budding Star
591
13084
105
Expand
titamazon wrote:

Inka kahne ka matlab hai more durable, not required for pubg ,)

Then title must be .. phone around 10-15 k not for gaming

Untitled 1
Critic
80
4582
135
Expand
tank_u_m8 wrote:

@titamazon how is the ad situation on that phone?

You can trun most of the ads off from UI. Not a big problem.

Ngbbs4cfc5ca39efee
Deal Cadet
141
962
80
Expand
Investigator wrote:

Then title must be .. phone around 10-15 k not for gaming

I m guessing, ye bhi ho sakta hai phone should come in pink color variant also

Pankaj
Budding Star
591
13084
105
Expand
titamazon wrote:

I m guessing, ye bhi ho sakta hai phone should come in pink color variant also

Rahne de tension mat le

Untitled 1
Critic
80
4582
135

Find out what screen size is she comfortable with. Then go to Flipkart and filter Redmi phones by that screen size and then ram, at least 3gb and 32gb memory. You will get a list of 3-4 phones. Decide from them based on best camera specs and processor and price.

Johnny sins approval
Deal Cadet
81
789
22

M also buying Redmi Note 8 for my dad…
I found it to be the best in this range.

20121105 invisible man
Deal Subedar
324
2992
250

Just because your mom uses Xiaomi, you decided to reject is not so…
Everyone wants changes, no matter who!

Switch to a different brand smile

It’s only my opinion.

Missing
Deal Subedar
11
1055
10
invisible007249 wrote:

Just because your mom uses Xiaomi, you decided to reject is not so…
Everyone wants changes, no matter who!

Switch to a different brand smile

It’s only my opinion.

I can switch to different brand but that will highly inconvenient for my mom, she has grown used to miui and knows how to navigate. Even if i save ₹1-2k it will not be worth it due to time being wasted in learning to use new ui.

Kgf
Deal Subedar
20
1390
24

Realme 3 Pro, Realme 5 Pro or Redmi Note 8 (if u know how to disable ads)

Missing
Analyst
1
5842
163

Anything with SD675 class CPU paired with UFS (2.1) storage and at least 4GB RAM will ensure a great experience. The new Vivo U20? ( I can’t believe I am recommending a Vivo ) ticks all of the above. Plus at 11k? for the 6GB variant its really good VFM (4GB one is only 1k? less so 6GB one makes more sense ) . Ofc no aftermarket development but that’s not a concern here.
Edit: 5Ah battery with 18W charging, dedicated uSD slot. I like it!

Missing
Deal Subedar
11
1055
10
G-Gowda wrote:

Realme 3 Pro, Realme 5 Pro or Redmi Note 8 (if u know how to disable ads)

I dont know right now but i will figure it out.

Missing
Analyst
1
5842
163
Expand
tank_u_m8 wrote:

I dont know right now but i will figure it out.

One word: Blockada. Free and Open Source. Creates a local VPN to block ads system-wide. Doesn’t need root. Fire-and-forget. Gotta dl from official website. El goog doesn’t want ad blockers on PS.

Spinning globe gif 17
Deal Lieutenant
8
3184
45

Redmi note 8 .. Has inbuild MIUI 11 and its newly launched mobile.. so it gets updates for atleast next 2 versions of android (as well as MIUI)
Feature rich with good price.
Many New phones will line up from next month and you will definitely get confused if your purchase gets postponed.

Img 20171102 024724 967
suspended
72
318
9

I am only one who don’t understand what @LIMBO speaks

6
Deal Subedar
248
2918
104
kirandr221996 wrote:

I am only one who don’t understand what @LIMBO speaks

you are not alone definitely

6
Deal Subedar
248
2918
104
Expand
LIMBO wrote:

One word: Blockada. Free and Open Source. Creates a local VPN to block ads system-wide. Doesn’t need root. Fire-and-forget. Gotta dl from official website. El goog doesn’t want ad blockers on PS.

doesnt seem to work for youtube ads. does it ?

Black 01
Deal Lieutenant
0
3951
58
kirandr221996 wrote:

I am only one who don’t understand what @LIMBO speaks

What made you say that?

Slide2
Deal Cadet
51
433
3

Considering your usecases,
1. Redmi 7A, if really low budget
2. Note 7S considering it’s heavily on discount now that Note 8 is in market. It’s the best VFM phone right now.
3. A3 if you can spend a little on the higher side.

Missing
Analyst
1
5842
163
Expand
Jigglypuff wrote:

doesnt seem to work for youtube ads. does it ?

Could be the case. YT’s built-in ads in the official app are pretty notorious for evading ad blockers time and again. However I wouldn’t know as I don’t watch videos on mobile. On desktop web with uBO I haven’t encountered an ad in what seems like ages. Youtube Vanced and its ilk is the solution for rooted users.
Edit: Just tried the YT app. Ads in the homepage and at the start of a video just like Hotstar. Doesn’t seem as bad as I had expected.

Y  4qyo  400x400
Deal Cadet
52
241
5

On 25th Nov 2019 [Last Diwali Sale of Amazon] – I gifted my mom Redmi Note 8 & she loves it 😊
One can easily Turn off the ads & it’s best according to the requirements u have specidied above.

Also, I will list some cons that my I faced with the phone:-
1) Face Unlock isn’t that much fast as It should have been.
2) Camera Bump.
3) Front Camera is average.

However one can manage with these cons as they aren’t major & every phone has some cons…

Missing
Deal Cadet
134
267
6

Realme 5 pro if u get it around 10.7k …

Missing
Deal Newbie
50
20
0

Got Redmi Note 8 for my dad’s bday. It is a good phone

Missing