Please suggest a good router/Modem

Please suggest a good router/Modem

Score: 2 Votes: 2
Score: 2 Votes: 2
11218992 919997091405150 3678967492357268257 n
Deal Subedar
1
124
1792
37

I have recently moved to airtel broadband from BSNL. I have very old router which have crappy signal strength, So i wanna get a new one. i Have searched on FK and amazon but i am pretty confused in Routger with/without modem. what is difference between them. Suggest me some good router in budget which should have range in two floor and works decent with airtel broadband connection.

Thanks in advancehttps://cdn0.desidime.com/Placeholders/No-Image-Available.png

24 Comments  |  
10 Dimers
Coollogo com 18285780
Deal Lieutenant
4
681
5218
80

Modem +_ router is what u required for dialup lines. Only router is required cable line. IMHO.
Am using tenda since 2 weeks it good upto 10 metres. Worth Rs 612. Tp link are best I think. 2 antenna will give better signals.

11218992 919997091405150 3678967492357268257 n
Deal Subedar
1
124
1792
37
khetandivij wrote:

Modem +_ router is what u required for dialup lines. Only router is required cable line. IMHO.
Am using tenda since 2 weeks it good upto 10 metres. Worth Rs 612. Tp link are best I think. 2 antenna will give better signals.

So only router will work good with airtel?? or airtel uses dial up connection??

Geek
Tech Guru
0
401
5786
127

A DSL connection like airtel will require a router with modem built in. There are some decent brands out there. ASUS makes great routers with best software. Dlink, TPlink, netgear are also decent products.

http://www.flipkart.com/d-link-dsl-2730u-wirele…

Dlink routers carry 3 years warranty.

If you want feature rich router with lots of customization, look for Asus.

Matrix stickmen
Dimer Of The Year 2015
23
1,847
38015
643

This is not going to help you, but you have missed the 50% cashback offer from Paytm on routers by just a few days. https://cdn0.desidime.com/Placeholders/No-Image-Available.png

I think Amazon has the best regular prices on routers, so check there.

11218992 919997091405150 3678967492357268257 n
Deal Subedar
1
124
1792
37
DealSeeker wrote:

This is not going to help you, but you have missed the 50% cashback offer from Paytm on routers by just a few days. https://cdn0.desidime.com/Placeholders/No-Image-Available.png

I think Amazon has the best regular prices on routers, so check there.

:‘( 50% :’(

ad bot
1
1
1
1
Ad Bot

I found this sponsored content on one of the ad networks.

11218992 919997091405150 3678967492357268257 n
Deal Subedar
1
124
1792
37
cybertechie wrote:

A DSL connection like airtel will require a router with modem built in. There are some decent brands out there. ASUS makes great routers with best software. Dlink, TPlink, netgear are also decent products.

http://www.flipkart.com/d-link-dsl-2730u-wirele…

Dlink routers carry 3 years warranty.

If you want feature rich router with lots of customization, look for Asus.

Excellent reviews and D-Link brand too, only my worry is price, Paytm are best these days… will try to find this product on paytmhttps://cdn0.desidime.com/Placeholders/No-Image-Available.png

Images
Deal Cadet
0
62
116
2

buy Tp link 8968 with version 3.I am using it
Good wifi signal (dual antenna)
3 years warranty
Usb port(for printer sharing,Pendrive sharing and 3g sharing with dongle)
some advance feature like Guest Network.
Buy from flipkart .only flipkart selling version 3

Thumbimgcrop
suspended
0
59
386
12

JUST one question? (maybe two)https://cdn0.desidime.com/Placeholders/No-Image-Available.png
Is dual band router really worth upgrading?
The cheap and best dual band router?

11218992 919997091405150 3678967492357268257 n
Deal Subedar
1
124
1792
37

Thank you for all your suggestions… Finally bought D link 2600u router. Since i had low budget, couldnt i get better. Reviews are good on amazon and FK. only concern is it has no antenna, so there will be range problem although reviews are satisfactory about range

Tejaa
Entertainer
3
471
16350
120

Still in need of a Router with USB port,
(USB port to put dongle)

http://www.amazon.in/gp/aw/d/B00LW...6/
AFAIK Tenda 300 (TE-D303) is good option but price is not falling down from a long time,
Any other suggestions ?

Budget: Can pay maximum 1.2k

Imaes
Deal Cadet
2
168
880
44

TP Link TL-MR3020 is also good option for your purpose.
You can check the offer, I bought it for 1000 one year back in offer, but today I could not find any best deal for this.

Tejaa
Entertainer
3
471
16350
120
@gdeal wrote:

TP Link TL-MR3020 is also good option for your purpose.
You can check the offer, I bought it for 1000 one year back in offer, but today I could not find any best deal for this.


Thanks for the reply https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_biggrin.gif
But it is a mini router bro, Need a normal one so that later i can use it for any other purposes too…

Tagging: @DS Anna @M.MAHI

Imaes
Deal Cadet
2
168
880
44
@Tejaa wrote:

@gdeal wrote:

TP Link TL-MR3020 is also good option for your purpose.
You can check the offer, I bought it for 1000 one year back in offer, but today I could not find any best deal for this.


Thanks for the reply https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_biggrin.gif
But it is a mini router bro, Need a normal one so that later i can use it for any other purposes too…

Tagging: @DS Anna @M.MAHI


It could be mini but I am using it since 1 year for normal use :p working without any issue

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
2
150
3762
43
@Tejaa wrote:

@gdeal wrote:

TP Link TL-MR3020 is also good option for your purpose.
You can check the offer, I bought it for 1000 one year back in offer, but today I could not find any best deal for this.


Thanks for the reply https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_biggrin.gif
But it is a mini router bro, Need a normal one so that later i can use it for any other purposes too…

Tagging: @DS Anna @M.MAHI


http://www.amazon.in/TP-LINK-TL-MR3420-3G-Wirel...

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
2
150
3762
43
@Tejaa wrote:

@ranjithsai01 wrote:


http://www.amazon.in/TP-LINK-TL-MR3420-3G-Wirel...

Thank you for the reply bro,
but the price is near 2k, Which is even more costlier than Tenda 300(1.6k),
Can pay maximum 1.2k… Dekho kuch ho sake tau https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_biggrin.gif


This one comes to 1200-1300 sometimes.

http://www.amazon.in/TP-LinkTL-MR3220-Wireless-...

Tejaa
Entertainer
3
471
16350
120
@ranjithsai01 wrote:

Yes but has good range almost similar to MR-3420. If you are not using it for LAN streaming shouldn’t be a problem really.


No LAN, Only wifi hotspot is enough https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_biggrin.gif

Missing
Deal Subedar
2
142
1606
13

TPLink W8968. All In One.
Supports ADSL, USB 3G/4G dongle and Cable modems, with 4 (or 3 if you are using cable modem) LAN ports and wifi. Can be set up for auto failover, with ADSL or Cable as primary and USB dongle as secondary connection. In case of failure in primary, switchover to secondary takes less than 2 seconds. USB port can also be used for printer or external storage.

Tejaa
Entertainer
3
471
16350
120
@panchabhut wrote:

TPLink W8968. All In One.
Supports ADSL, USB 3G/4G dongle and Cable modems, with 4 (or 3 if you are using cable modem) LAN ports and wifi. Can be set up for auto failover, with ADSL or Cable as primary and USB dongle as secondary connection. In case of failure in primary, switchover to secondary takes less than 2 seconds. USB port can also be used for printer or external storage.

Mixed review,
are you sure we can use any 3g dongle ?

Missing
Deal Subedar
2
142
1606
13
@Tejaa wrote:

@panchabhut wrote:

TPLink W8968. All In One.
Supports ADSL, USB 3G/4G dongle and Cable modems, with 4 (or 3 if you are using cable modem) LAN ports and wifi. Can be set up for auto failover, with ADSL or Cable as primary and USB dongle as secondary connection. In case of failure in primary, switchover to secondary takes less than 2 seconds. USB port can also be used for printer or external storage.

Mixed review,
are you sure we can use any 3g dongle ?


We are using MTS dongle in our office for last 2 years with this with BSNL as primary. The router is further attached to a switch that supports 15 connections. Whenever BSNL goes down, it automatically switches to MTS.

Missing