Hot Deal

Purchased 203$ item from aliexpress custom notice recieved

1411°
Deal Subedar
akshayrpatil

Hello i bought one programmer from aliexpress worth 203USD and cost written on parcel is 101USD and marked as gift..now today i got notice from customs that send us transaction bill,invoice bill,etc…if anyone faced such plz help me out ..

84 Comments  |  
32 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

what is the weight & size of parcel ?

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Dont know..its shipped via singapore post..

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Can Help, Send me PM

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Can you help me ?

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

@akshayrpatil Please do document your encounter with the custom department here.

Link Copied

means?

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Provide your story on how you got your package release from the customs department. https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif
I and lots other dimmer here would love to know more.

Link Copied

yes i have to release as parcel actual price i paid is 14k … https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_sad.gif

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

now they will charge you 44% at least ….

Mobile Guru Mobile Guru
Link Copied

This happens a lot when they feel suspicious about your package
Ask your seller for e-invoice n send them
You will be charged more than usual custom charges this time
Good luck . I am expecting 80-100$ if you send them 200$ invoice

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Also always choose UPS/DHL/FEDEX only for international purchase more than 100$. They will take care of the customs clearance.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

This is good info.
Please share more.
I am planning to get a metal laser engraver. I would love to know more

View 4 more replies
Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

Did you asked seller to reduce price and ship and if yes than you may land in trouble since they may ask you to provide bank statement.
If not ask seller as well as ask aliexpress customer care to help you out since you are not at fault.

Now that you have paid 14k to aliexpress visit custom office and request them that it was not your fault as to why invoice was lower. Ask them what is the solution since you are innocent https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_wink.gif https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_wink.gif
Try to avoid penalty if you can.

Link Copied

yes they asked me bank statement also.. https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_sad.gif and i only told seller to reduce price…and mark as gift..

View 2 more replies
Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

Customs department is not that foolish to just go by valuation declared. Irrespective of what you declare they have their own valuations for most major components and approximate estimates for other category of products. You have to pay the customs duty as charged by them to get your product now, you will get to know the exact amount later.

Even if you genuinely get the product at a genuine discount most times you end up paying the customs duty on the actual price itself.

Link Copied

But previously i got 6-7k parcel without any customs..and price was that time also less and marked as gift… thing is that now they dont want to pass parcels from china..

View 3 more replies
Link Copied

I felt terrible for paying 700 tax for 2k headset which was quoted 15$ by gearbest but after reading your post I don’t feel bad for some 😬.

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

I brought Graphic card which price was written on box is $9.5 So I need to pay custom?

View 12 more replies
Link Copied

for all the Future international buyers Do not act smart over our customs department ,i ordered Superlux 668B for 30$ from gearbest and invoice had price of 15$ ,so i thought i would be get custom tax for the 15$ product right? No!!! they have opened the product and checked the bill for the product name(since package quoted general headphone) and checked the current price of the headset and charged me according to that,problem is current price is way higher then what i brought.i received the product with Chennai cover and bill outside the headphone box.

Deal Colonel Deal Colonel
Link Copied

why are they opening your courier ? https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_confused.gif is it allowed ?

View 1 more reply
Shopping Friend Shopping Friend
Link Copied

I have ordered a few items including a dashcam worth 40$ from Gearbest and customs did not charge anything.

Finance Mentor Finance Mentor
Link Copied

Maybe they spare orders under 5k range~. 203 USD is like 15K!

Critic Critic
Link Copied

1. For OP, mail them the required, they will calculate the tax and you will have to pay it to the mail man.
2. If you choose DHL/FEDEX or any other private shipping company they will force pay the duty calculated according to the slab i.e, you pay duty 100% of time. They won’t take risk for you. Only Amazon.com refunds when no duty is levied.
3. Customs is weird dept. they sometimes charge 30% on the same item and sometimes 50%. Depends on their mood and office. Delhi office is most lenient, Bangalore most strict.
4. I have seen someone buying speakers worth $3000 and didn’t pay a single rupee and sometimes they put duty on $20 item. Bhagwan maalick hai.
5. One time a guy went to the customs office in Kolkatta to argue about the duty they imposed was way higher than it should. The officer opened google and searched the item and charged duty on the highest MRP he could find.
6. Charges have increased now and after GST you have to pay Customs+GST now.

Link Copied

I don’t agree with you on point no. 6

GST has no role in it….. Earlier we used to pay VAT along with customs and now its gst along with customs….. So please don’t blame gst for this…… Its a fashion to blame gst for price hike……
Disclaimer….. I am not a Modi bakht, I go with facts

View 1 more reply
Blaze Blaze
Link Copied

Send them invoice copy of declare value (not original value) with letter that this is gift from your relative/friends and hence you have not paid any thing for this. Also mention in letter that declare value is only for custom & insurance purposes and no payment involved. (Do not send your bank statement or payment proof). This will work

Best of luck

Pro Tech Guru Pro Tech Guru
Link Copied

So final amount you paid ? https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_rolleyes.gif
@akshayrpatil

Link Copied

10,700rs https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_sad.gif

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Guys, I wanna buy a phone worth $342 and $30 FedEx IP shipping from Aliexpress, any idea how much custom fees I’ll be charged for this ?

If sellers declares it as gift of $200, then is it safe and help to save some custom fees?

And how about Aliexpress Standard Shipping which is free postage, will I pay same custom charges if I select that ? Thanks.

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

If it is a phone then their is a 99% chance that you will be charged custom duty, they will ignore that invoice value and check for value online and if their is amajor discrepancy they will charge based on the value they found.

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

@ephoenix So i should avoid this…mmm…

Link Copied

its sheer luck…

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

I ordered 2 items from Ali express and no one item reaches to me till now… Ordered 6 months ago

Link Copied

If your items shipped from china small packet plus post then u will not get it as i also not got..

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

I also purchased two headphones (bluedio) via Aliexpress through free shipping, unfortunately I bought both in one transaction for 1000rs each. Seller mentioned 10$ each original value was 15$ and customs charged me whooping 7$ via India post. On what basis they charge no one knows, is really luck. Now trying in Gearbest through priority shipping, till now no problem. By going through DD, I am updating and taking more care…

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Is written Gift on box?

View 5 more replies
Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

@akshayrpatil did you provide the original receipt to custom dept? and how much custom charge did you paid extra?

Link Copied

Yes shown edited bill given by seller and valid bank statement…but they charged 70% duty on my bank statement total i paid 10,700rs.. Actually i told them story that i bought two items from aliexpress and transaction of both deducted from bank..and as second item was not in stock so i cancelled that…but as we all know that in indian post all non educated people’s are working they even dont know english…so they just charged duty as written in their rules…thing is that i just made mistake of shipping through india post..should have preferred for fedex

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

edited bill means the original bill right?

Link Copied

Original bill amount was 203$ i told him to mention 101$ on item..so i requested seller he gave me 101$ bill

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

In my case the product’s price was 8k and the declared value is 1.2k . Idk what should I do now. confused

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

I have an AliExpress purchase made 10 days ago and is in transit now. Purchase value is $180, did not undervalue or mark as gift. Will update about the customs charges once I get it here.

Guess this is my first international purchase with direct shipping to India after almost 8 years now. Got a few in between but most of them costing below $10 and never paid customs charges for any of them. The last order I placed was for a Nokia N900 shipped directly from Finland (developer program) in 2010. Paid around 28% customs for it back then.

Link Copied

Now be ready for 70-75% duty

View 2 more replies
Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

Update:

Got the package delivered today. Paid $0 customs on it smile

Guess it does pay off when you do not tend to hide the actual price and declare the actual value for purchases made.

CC: @akshayrpatil

Link Copied

Congo bro…its me only who had paid high duty sad

View 1 more reply
Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

U will have to pay around 2000 to customs.

Benevolent Benevolent
Link Copied

@akshayrpatil @DaBomb yeah, looks like just a one off lucky instance.

Link Copied

Btw what you bought?

View 1 more reply
Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Hi,

I received a notice from customs to give description, usage invoice & proof of payment for a $331 NUC.
Seller said he declared a value of $40 and quoted TV Box.

Dont know what to do?

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

@akshayrpatil
How did you take out your bank statement?
Did you modify that too?

Link Copied

Given original statement..that was my mistake i have edited that but i given original statement only..and they charged according to that sad

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

I live in pune and they asked to submit the documents , should i send to same place as there is no address mentioned…. ,redressal email given but the printout is so poor not visible
Is it safe to edit the statement?

replyuser
Click here to reply