Purchased a new laptop from Amazon during prime day but its warranty started in Oct 2018 on dell website

107°
Deal Lieutenant
micke

I purchased a new dell laptop in this Prime sale.

I checked its warranty on dell website using its service tag and it says that product was shipped on 30 Oct 2018 and Warranty will expire on Nov 01, 2019

Anyone has any similar experience. Will dell consider warranty from Amazon invoice date? I will contact Amazon tomorrow

13 Comments  |  
7 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Does laptop looks new? seller name please

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

Laptop is sealed pack and seller name is Appario Business (I think seller is Amazon itself) ..I googled about this issue and got one link where US customers are discussing that Dell will reset retail purchase warranty etc. I will ask Amazon care to reset warranty.

View 1 more reply
Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

Just mail them with invoice warranty will be updated by them

Link Copied

should i mail Dell or Amazon? and have you experienced something like this yourself

View 2 more replies
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Don’t worry about warranty. customer support will rectify it. But there could be chances that manufacturer has sent used product back to market. because warranty on sites are posted by scanning bar code(serial number), there can’t be any mistake. moreover even returned products of apple are sold by themselves(apple) on their site but it’s mentioned refurbished over there since loss is simply too much to take.
There was one case in flipkart, user received laptop with user profile already made in windows, warranty date lagging by year. The moment he complained to hp, they cleared records for his laptop in there database and rectified his warranty date. Brands are getting shady these days.
it’s only speculation from my side. I don’t know the truth

Link Copied

Thanks for the detailed post smile

I will chat with Amazon in morning and see what they have to say. I will update the thread then.

Comrade Comrade
Link Copied

Same thing happened to me….. warranty is showing me only 320 days instead of 365 days….btw i bought it from Flipkart

Link Copied

Have you contacted flipkart customer support regarding this?

I got this link from google search and i will wait and check what amazon support will say regarding warranty.

https://www.dell.com/community/Laptops-General-...

Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

just write to them
they will cross check and fix soon

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

my friend had similar experience, Warranty mentioned on website is issued during shipping the product from china to India..
They have given him different link where he could verify valid details.

replyuser
Click here to reply