RBI writes off over Rs 68,000 crore loans reveals RTI reply

204°
Deal Major
desiman

RBI writes off over Rs 68,000 crore loans, Mehul Choksi among 50 top wilful defaulters, reveals RTI reply

The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has admitted to writing off a staggering amount of Rs 68,607-crores due from 50 Top Wilful Defaulters, including absconding diamantaire Mehul Choksi, according to a reply under RTI.

https://www.cnbctv18.com/finance/rbi-writes-off...

hushed
23 Comments  |  
13 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
unamused
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

And here we struggle for a single rupee… What kind of capitalistic and idiotic decision is this doing rbi

Deal Major Deal Major
Link Copied

common man will continue to get lathis and bamboos pensive

Pro Community Angel Pro Community Angel
Link Copied

#NoQuestionsClans will defend this too. Just wait for it..

Deal Major Deal Major
Link Copied

today this news has come then they will say all fake news and not to believe such things stuck_out_tongue

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

To recover this amount new taxes will be levied and existing will be increased

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

I think “This is Nehru’s Fault”. rage

Nehru made such rules, where these bloodsuckers can do such things.

Generous Generous
Link Copied

I know the explanation will be like this – as recovery is either not possible, rbi did this to have the real picture so that they can take right policy decisions rather than playing with wrong numbers. Rbi have taken steps and made systems to arrest such cases.
Advance few years into the future – Rbi writes off few lakh crores.

Pro Community Angel Pro Community Angel
Link Copied

How come the central bank is writing off (wilful) debts of the heavy pockets while every singular branch (banks) are proposed moratorium for the needy ones? Doesn’t the figure get distorted here?? Or is it just effing easy to put those special cases to rest (underneath) just like it’s been before taking advantage of the situation! confused

Who is incapable here? The bank that lends to such cronies or the govt that protects them for their own self?

View 1 more reply
Deal Legend Deal Legend
Link Copied

wow and here I am still paying off my student loans from past 3 years rage

Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

https://twitter.com/SaketGokhale/status/1254661...

Here ya go, read the RTI reply. The loans have been written off by banks and not RBI. RBI does not give any direct loans. The data provided by RBI is collated from figures provided by banks. The banks have written off the loans because recovery is not possible. I dont see from where exactly people derived that RBI wrote off loans. Even the guy who filed RTI did not post that.

Deal Major Deal Major
Link Copied
flushed so media waale tod madod ke article banaya

The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has admitted to writing off a staggering amount of Rs 68,607-crores due from 50 Top Wilful Defaulters, including absconding diamantaire Mehul Choksi, according to a reply under RTI.

the actual proposed reply says RBI wont be held responsible or accountable for any misreporting and / or incorrect reporting by the reporting entities

View 2 more replies
Deal Newbie Deal Newbie
Link Copied

Wow.. Keep people busy in religious politics and inside some other things are cooking..after all media today questions opposition more than the ruling party.
If this news is correct, it’s v sad.

Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

…Remedy…

Curse Nehru
Rahul Gandhi is pappu
Eat Gobar and drink cow’s urine…..

…All sort of scams are in open and they are increasing day by day but the media is in the pocket and Crony capitalist friends are here to rake in the bucks…

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Incoming 6 months to 1 year we are going to see more of such willful defaulters cause the government has not supported industries for the losses which they are going to incur due to covid-19. government (any government) cares only for poor people like farmer, fishermens, daily wages worker, etc and compensate only them because it’s about vote bank. Percent of people who pay taxes is just only 2% of the vote bank, sothe government needs to handle 98% rather than the 2%……

Link Copied
…Thats the fu*kiest comment….Govt. cares for poor….Good lord…

…Government is an institution and world over this institution is run to bulldoze poor and juice the middle class….

…Rich are the aristrocrat…I respect the hard work and sincerity but bloody me…Can’t see many hard working rich…
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Fake news laughing laughing jab tak Modi ji Nahi bolte me nahi manta

Deal Major Deal Major
Link Copied

aaj kal woh naya gamcha pehenne main vyast hai….

View 1 more reply
Link Copied

Moody hai to mumkin hai lol joy

replyuser
Click here to reply