Reliance jio Geared up to launch its internet b...

Reliance jio Geared up to launch its internet based jio home tv service may offer SD amd HD channel for Rs 200 amd Rs 400

592°
150g667098
Deal Subedar
1
450
1112
13
Reliance jio Geared up to launch its internet based jio home tv service  may offer SD amd HD channel for  Rs 200 amd Rs 400
Deal Expired

Reliance jio Geared up to launch its internet based jio home tv service may offer SD amd HD channel for Rs 200 amd Rs 400
Source
https://twitter.com/sanjaybafna/status/98573995...

29 Comments  |  
21 Dimers
Missing
Deal Newbie
0
69
20
0

Link not working

Missing
Deal Newbie
0
50
20
0

This link is not working

Thumbimgcrop 1471861729288
Shopping Friend
1
134
10216
60

Well news is good smile

Saikcw
Deal Lieutenant
29
77
4054
34
abhinavshah wrote:

Well news is good smile

Let them start a Tariff war in DTH also like mobile wink

Ultimately consumers like us would benefit smiling_imp

Missing
Deal Cadet
3
127
224
2

Aali re aali, aata Tata Sky, DishTV, Hathway chi baari aali

Up
Deal Lieutenant
11
559
4527
201

Jio ka jo internet speed hain DTH mein HD channel SD jaisa hi dikhega…… smile

Micro
Deal Cadet
1
91
650
4
Archie wrote:

Jio ka jo internet speed hain DTH mein HD channel SD jaisa hi dikhega…… smile

This is not internet tv first read article new technology come in india DTH business start dying

Thumbimgcrop 1471861729288
Shopping Friend
1
134
10216
60
Expand
Saikcw wrote:

Let them start a Tariff war in DTH also like mobile wink

Ultimately consumers like us would benefit smiling_imp

Let’s hope so smile

Thumbimgcrop 1471861729288
Shopping Friend
1
134
10216
60

It would be bad for BIG TV subscribers, bcoz they would be the 1st one to wind off biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin

Missing
Deal Cadet
3
130
884
18

Tatasky will survive just like airtel…. And others will disappear

Missing
Deal Cadet
2
116
622
67
animesh7785474 wrote:

Tatasky will survive just like airtel…. And others will disappear

i differ….airtel will survive and fight…few months back TS approached jio to buy them.

Img 5848
Deal Lieutenant
8
83
6627
88

The heat is already on, I was planning to drop my DTH since I’m paying around 5500rs for 1 year to Airtel one connection. As my yearly plan expired last month, I opted for basic plan (299rs/m) paid for 3 months with no English and Sports channel to see if I can continue with streaming all contents online without tv and so far it’s working well for me. My plan is to quit DTH after the expiry of current plan now.

For Sports, I’m using Hotstar yearly subscription for which I paid 696Rs and Sony Liv yearly for 400rs. For other content, I’ve Alt Balaji yearly subscription for 300, Netflix 200/m shared among 4 friends, Amazon Prime 999, Apple Music for 60rs/m.

In total, everything cost me around 4k which is still cheaper than the DTH. I’ve not included the internet charges since i’m already paying for it even when the DTH top package was active. Now, I don’t have to watch pesky ads or advertisements and I can watch the shows as and when I like.

Meanwhile, Airtel gifted me some surprise offer which includes all English channels free for 90days. Probably, they also know that the customers are going to streaming services. If Jio comes up with a streaming device which includes every channel, I would still opt for that just for the convenience. This is probably the best news for consumers.

132
Deal Subedar
1
191
1616
55
I3leed wrote:

Aali re aali, aata Tata Sky, DishTV & Hathway chi paari aali sweat_smile

Bari aali toungueout

132
Deal Subedar
1
191
1616
55
rv2012 wrote:

The heat is already on, I was planning to drop my DTH since I’m paying around 5500rs for 1 year to Airtel one connection. As my yearly plan expired last month, I opted for basic plan (299rs/m) paid for 3 months with no English and Sports channel to see if I can continue with streaming all contents online without tv and so far it’s working well for me. My plan is to quit DTH after the expiry of current plan now.

For Sports, I’m using Hotstar yearly subscription for which I paid 696Rs and Sony Liv yearly for 400rs. For other content, I’ve Alt Balaji yearly subscription for 300, Netflix 200/m shared among 4 friends, Amazon Prime 999, Apple Music for 60rs/m.

In total, everything cost me around 4k which is still cheaper than the DTH. I’ve not included the internet charges since i’m already paying for it even when the DTH top package was active. Now, I don’t have to watch pesky ads or advertisements and I can watch the shows as and when I like.

Meanwhile, Airtel gifted me some surprise offer which includes all English channels free for 90days. Probably, they also know that the customers are going to streaming services. If Jio comes up with a streaming device which includes every channel, I would still opt for that just for the convenience. This is probably the best news for consumers.

its not only u..
the whole 125 cr population in india will go beserk toungueout

132
Deal Subedar
1
191
1616
55
abhinavshah wrote:

It would be bad for BIG TV subscribers, bcoz they would be the 1st one to wind off biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin

It will work on Jio Network only- SANJAY BHATIA..

Now how and when vl this thing come o.O

Missing
Deal Cadet
1
84
148
4

Though jio providing internet/dth at cheap rate but somehow i don’t have trust in ambani’s. If competition ends it will be bad for us. Dhiru/mukesh/anil all r same.

Missing
Deal Subedar
4
214
2507
25

Jio net speed is pathetic at times.not the ideal choice to be the primary source of tv broadcast

Independence day15
Blogger
6
211
3757
49
panchabhut wrote:

Jio net speed is pathetic at times.not the ideal choice to be the primary source of tv broadcast

it is not even official , just speculation / in testing phase ..
i believe this service will be launched with jio fiber broadband (with official launch) , bcoz only that can provide a good speed .
they are also working on models like tata sky ..

Dont waste my time
Deal Cadet
0
200
904
19
rv2012 wrote:

The heat is already on, I was planning to drop my DTH since I’m paying around 5500rs for 1 year to Airtel one connection. As my yearly plan expired last month, I opted for basic plan (299rs/m) paid for 3 months with no English and Sports channel to see if I can continue with streaming all contents online without tv and so far it’s working well for me. My plan is to quit DTH after the expiry of current plan now.

For Sports, I’m using Hotstar yearly subscription for which I paid 696Rs and Sony Liv yearly for 400rs. For other content, I’ve Alt Balaji yearly subscription for 300, Netflix 200/m shared among 4 friends, Amazon Prime 999, Apple Music for 60rs/m.

In total, everything cost me around 4k which is still cheaper than the DTH. I’ve not included the internet charges since i’m already paying for it even when the DTH top package was active. Now, I don’t have to watch pesky ads or advertisements and I can watch the shows as and when I like.

Meanwhile, Airtel gifted me some surprise offer which includes all English channels free for 90days. Probably, they also know that the customers are going to streaming services. If Jio comes up with a streaming device which includes every channel, I would still opt for that just for the convenience. This is probably the best news for consumers.

That Hotstar and Sony Liv etc., how is the quality of the streaming? On Airtel DTH you get 1080i, at 60 frames, do you get the same with Hotstar and Sony Liv? Sports is something where quality matters the most, at least for me, and once you have watched a good quality then it’s almost nearly impossible to go back to an inferior one.

When this 5500 per year offer started by Airtel they also offered like 500 cashback on it, so effective price was Rs. 5000 per year, all SD and HD channels were obviously included in the package. If Jio launches all SD and HD channels at 400 per month that means 4800 per year, not particularly any better in comparison with Airtel.

132
Deal Subedar
1
191
1616
55

anyone has any updates about the launch dates ?
if yes do tag me.

Download
Deal Subedar
2
152
1920
129
mrKool_JJ wrote:

anyone has any updates about the launch dates ?
if yes do tag me.

you need not worry about getting tagged
once its launched, forum will be flooded with related threads laughing

Img 5848
Deal Lieutenant
8
83
6627
88
Expand
ithehappy wrote:

That Hotstar and Sony Liv etc., how is the quality of the streaming? On Airtel DTH you get 1080i, at 60 frames, do you get the same with Hotstar and Sony Liv? Sports is something where quality matters the most, at least for me, and once you have watched a good quality then it’s almost nearly impossible to go back to an inferior one.

When this 5500 per year offer started by Airtel they also offered like 500 cashback on it, so effective price was Rs. 5000 per year, all SD and HD channels were obviously included in the package. If Jio launches all SD and HD channels at 400 per month that means 4800 per year, not particularly any better in comparison with Airtel.

I’m never bothered about the quality, it’s convenience for me that I can watch everything anywhere I go. For me, the quality is good enough. It also depends on your internet. I’ve 100mbps no fup limit and I usually cross 1TB data per month.

Hotstar does provide 1080p.

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/515106/medium/4928974FB934489_A886_4_A77_B64_F_0513_A5_D08_D17.png?1523956836

Jio is not going to launch just DTH, they can’t. It must be a different tech broadcaster or with fibre. You can’t even calculate 400pm to an yearly package yet. How about the yearly package is 3000? All rumours. Let’s wait.

Cool gif walking man %281%29
Deal Newbie
0
63
20
0

Jio team came to our society in Mumbai today.
Wanted permission to lay fibre cable for home tv.
On asking said in nearly 15 days service will start and would cost somewhere Rs 100 – 120.

132
Deal Subedar
1
191
1616
55
Common-man wrote:

Jio team came to our society in Mumbai today.
Wanted permission to lay fibre cable for home tv.
On asking said in nearly 15 days service will start and would cost somewhere Rs 100 – 120.

where in mumbai?

i am from thane but here they have mentioned 200 for sd and 400 for hd right?

15days is really a great news..

anyways was expecting it to launch around 15th may itself…

132
Deal Subedar
1
191
1616
55
Expand
mrKool_JJ wrote:

where in mumbai?

i am from thane but here they have mentioned 200 for sd and 400 for hd right?

15days is really a great news..

anyways was expecting it to launch around 15th may itself…

https://imgur.com/a/y...pC

They have installed their setup in my complex which is in thane (mumbai)

#dthoperators#RIP toungueout hahahahaha……

Missing