Reliance JioFi - Details and Review

Reliance JioFi - Details and Review

Vote up smileyx5
Score: 13 Votes: 13
Bal ganesh
Deal Subedar
1
94
2768
35

Bought JioFi yesterday(4Aug’16 @5PM) and got activation msg today(5thAug) @2:30PM.
Price :Rs2899.
Activation was easy just call 18008901977 from any mobile and answer the queries.
HP device was NOT billed on my name still I got Jio SIM, so its a non issue.
Device is good very small and light. Wifi Range is ok for medium house. Signal strength is good in my place.
Device supports all 3 bands of 4G: 3,5, and 40.
Default settings:
Homepage:192.168.1.1 or 192.168.225.1
User Id:administrator
Password:administrator
You can change SSID, password and other details after login.
Pressing power+WPS buttons simultaneously for 5 secs will reset the device to factory defaults.

You can make calls also from VoLTE mobile handset connected to Jiofi device. I have not tried yet.
Speed is quite good I am getting above 10mbps for downloads, reaching max of 25mbps.
Tried with torrents and got 20+mbps stable. Strangely speed test websites show only 3-4 mbps in their results.
https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/247110/medium/3507044WP_20160805_16_41_41_Pro.jpg?1480951257

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/247113/medium/3507044WP_20160805_16_41_55_Pro.jpg?1480951259

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/247115/medium/3507044WP_20160805_16_43_12_Pro.jpg?1480951261

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/247119/medium/3507044WP_20160805_16_43_22_Pro.jpg?1480951263

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/247122/medium/3507044WP_20160805_16_44_51_Pro.jpg?1480951265

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/247125/medium/3507044WP_20160805_16_45_23_Pro.jpg?1480951267

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/247133/medium/3507044WP_20160805_16_45_35_Pro.jpg?1480951271

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/247140/medium/3507044WP_20160805_16_46_09_Pro.jpg?1480951275
<br/

Most probably this SIM may work on any mobile with VoLTE(as per retailer) will update once checked.

76 Comments  |  
42 Dimers
Missing
Deal Subedar
1
95
1150
14

if anybody having the code and not planning to buy device please pm me the code .

Micro
Deal Cadet
1
86
518
2

Can you post manufacturer details and model no this device

Download
Deal Subedar
2
132
1836
128

does it come with 90 days unlimited?

Bal ganesh
Deal Subedar
1
94
2768
35
@extramoney wrote:

Can you post manufacturer details and model no this device


Chk first image

Shutterstock 1013504321
Deal Lieutenant
2
62
3564
39

Nice Share

Shutterstock 1013504321
Deal Lieutenant
2
62
3564
39
@getready wrote:

@ḾᾍJἘşṬίḉ wrote:

does it come with 90 days unlimited?


yep it does


Estimated price after 90 days ?

Its Jio Fi Should be cheaper than 4g Mobile Plan

Thor movie chris hemsworth as thor t2
suspended
4
41
23520
250

How to get this one is it only restricted to HP Lappy buyers and from where you bought this ?

If it’s invite only then can you invite me, I need this badly @caks2006407 https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif

Quote i have failed at times but i never stopped trying rahul dravid 92 90 95
Analyst
109
67
19426
160
@Beinghuman wrote:

How to get this one is it only restricted to HP Lappy buyers and from where you bought this ?

If it’s invite only then can you invite me, I need this badly @caks2006407 https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif


Got the code, not planning to buy. Moreover valid till 15th August only. If you wish i can surely give you

Epyvirl24cl5w9le4mmn
suspended
3
190
4066
33

@caks2006407 Can you post the image of JioFi device while entering sim into it?

200w d
Deal Major
92
3,903
18066
203
@blue wine wrote:

@getready wrote:

@ḾᾍJἘşṬίḉ wrote:

does it come with 90 days unlimited?


yep it does


Estimated price after 90 days ?

Its Jio Fi Should be cheaper than 4g Mobile Plan


Same plans for JioFi and mobiles
Jiolink plans will be different

1
Deal Subedar
11
419
1444
7

Anyone has the spare code pls ? Need to buy this

Bal ganesh
Deal Subedar
1
94
2768
35
@GoogleCA wrote:

@Beinghuman wrote:

How to get this one is it only restricted to HP Lappy buyers and from where you bought this ?

If it’s invite only then can you invite me, I need this badly @caks2006407 https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif


Got the code, not planning to buy. Moreover valid till 15th August only. If you wish i can surely give you


@Beinghuman Take it from @GoogleCA
Its by invite from HP only not by others, so hurry.

Dual survival cody lundin 2
Deal Captain
38
197
11738
122

What is that card “RelianceOne”??

Missing
Deal Newbie
0
50
20
0

Want a jiofi device. Anybody got a spare code ??

Missing
Deal Cadet
2
97
176
5

Needed a code for the JIO-Fi device. If anyone has a spare, PM me. thanks

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
10
294
4324
37
@cody wrote:

What is that card “RelianceOne”??


Reliance loyalty card. Earlier worked only for Reliance Fresh but can now be used at Reliance digital, Reliance jewels and other Reliance group stores as well.

Dual survival cody lundin 2
Deal Captain
38
197
11738
122
@disclaimer wrote:

@cody wrote:

What is that card “RelianceOne”??


Reliance loyalty card. Earlier worked only for Reliance Fresh but can now be used at Reliance digital, Reliance jewels and other Reliance group stores as well.

KG

Missing
Deal Cadet
0
50
260
3

i know the trick to get HP-Jio code.

Devil
Deal Newbie
0
50
20
0

well, what are you waiting for, please tell us, or PM me

Epyvirl24cl5w9le4mmn
suspended
3
190
4066
33

@caks2006407
1.How much time does it take to fully charge?
2.How long does it last on one single charge?
3.Does it have microusb v2 .0 port for charging?Can we charge it with powerbank?
4.How many device can be connected at one time?
5.Can we use the sim bundled with Jiofi in any other 4g smartphone like Redmi note 3?
6.Does it work with other 2g/3g/4g sims of other networks?
7.Is there any app to control the Jiofi?
8.Why should I prefer it over lyf handset?

Bal ganesh
Deal Subedar
1
94
2768
35
@sagardrokr wrote:

@caks2006407
1.How much time does it take to fully charge?
Around 3Hrs
2.How long does it last on one single charge?
Approx4-5Hrs
3.Does it have microusb v2 .0 port for charging?Can we charge it with powerbank?
Yes. USB adaptor+micro USB cable also provided
4.How many device can be connected at one time?
31. I use my earlier wifi router as repeater and and all devices connect to it. This way it saves battery(2300AH)
5.Can we use the sim bundled with Jiofi in any other 4g smartphone like Redmi note 3?
Am not sure, store retailer says you can. Not tried yet.
6.Does it work with other 2g/3g/4g sims of other networks?
No. Nework locked to JIO.
7.Is there any app to control the Jiofi?
I use my PC, windows phone(192.168.1.1). No idea of app.
8.Why should I prefer it over lyf handset?
Little cheaper. I do not think low end LYFs can handle 10-15 connections at a time.
In our building we all share same connection, so for me JioFi only good option. May be future data plans bit cheaper.

Missing
Deal Newbie
0
50
20
0

1. Do you see any speed difference when using via JioFi vs 4g handset ?
2. Are you able to use JioJoin app via smartphone connected to your router/repeater, further connected to JioFi? Or you need direct wifi connection to JioFi for JioJoin to work?
Also, Are you able to make calls via JioJoin on two smartphones simultaneously at the same time when connected to JioFi? (This is the only point that makes JioFi worth over Lyf handset if it works- ability to call using JioJoin from any handset connected to JioFi network. Furthermore, I am interested in figuring out why jiojoin works via JioFi on any device but not via Lyf hotspot (imei based or mac address based or something else))
3. Are you able to use JioFi without battery i.e. in charger plugged in but no battery inside?

Jin kazama devil
Deal Subedar
16
0
1942
97

I need one code from hp. If someone is willing to guide how to get code for jio SIM that’s also fine. TIA

Bal ganesh
Deal Subedar
1
94
2768
35
@saurabhstar wrote:

1. Do you see any speed difference when using via JioFi vs 4g handset ?
2. Are you able to use JioJoin app via smartphone connected to your router/repeater, further connected to JioFi? Or you need direct wifi connection to JioFi for JioJoin to work?
Also, Are you able to make calls via JioJoin on two smartphones simultaneously at the same time when connected to JioFi? (This is the only point that makes JioFi worth over Lyf handset if it works- ability to call using JioJoin from any handset connected to JioFi network. Furthermore, I am interested in figuring out why jiojoin works via JioFi on any device but not via Lyf hotspot (imei based or mac address based or something else))
3. Are you able to use JioFi without battery i.e. in charger plugged in but no battery inside?


Q1:Yet to try
Q2:Yet to try
Q3:No, its just like mobile.

Index
Deal Lieutenant
8
51
3492
36

my friend got 2 codes anyone want tell me

Missing