Relience Jio 1GB/Rs 50 VS BSNL Launching New B...

Relience Jio 1GB/Rs 50 VS BSNL Launching New Broadband Offer 300GB/Rs 249 (means 1GB/Re 1)

Score: 9 Votes: 11

Vote down Reasons

  • Better price elsewhere : 1
Score: 9 Votes: 11

Vote down Reasons

  • Better price elsewhere : 1
Score: 9 Votes: 11

Vote down Reasons

  • Better price elsewhere : 1
Score: 9 Votes: 11

Vote down Reasons

  • Better price elsewhere : 1
Score: 9 Votes: 11

Vote down Reasons

  • Better price elsewhere : 1
Img 20160829 105539
Deal Major
217
5,298
25494
181

BSNL Launching New Broadband Offer

Plan:- Experience Unlimited BB 249
Launching on 9th Sept 2016.

Plan Rs 249/-
Total Data 300GB. Speed-2MBPS

For more information contact
BSNL CC at 18003451500
visit at www.bsnl...in

Means 1GB at Re 1

source http://www.jagran.com/technology/tech-news-bsnl...

FPD Suggested By > sunnie ,
45 Comments  |  
25 Dimers
Matrix stickmen
Dimer Of The Year 2015
23
1,847
38015
643

300GB for 249! https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_eek.gif

There has to be some catch. https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

286 907
Deal Major
1
436
21788
161

Use JIO for voice calls, BSNL for data https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_lol.gif Game Over https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

Matrix stickmen
Dimer Of The Year 2015
23
1,847
38015
643
@Deal-Kwik wrote:

"@DealSeeker":http://www.desidime.com/users/209542 wrote:

300GB for 249! https://cdn0.desidime.com/Placeholders/No-Image-Available.png

There has to be some catch. https://cdn0.desidime.com/Placeholders/No-Image-Available.png

Read Times of India Article also
http://m.timesofindia.com/tech/tech-news/BSNL-t...


Got the catch. “…After six months, customer will be migrated to one of the regular broadband plan based on the choice of the customer,” BSNL said.

But even 6 months at 249/month is unbelievable.

ad bot
1
1
1
1
Ad Bot

I found this sponsored content on one of the ad networks.

Img 20160829 105539
Deal Major
217
5,298
25494
181
"@DealSeeker":http://www.desidime.com/users/209542 wrote:


Got the catch. “…After six months, customer will be migrated to one of the regular broadband plan based on the choice of the customer,” BSNL said.

But even 6 months at 249/month is unbelievable.

War between Telecom operators
Good for all customers.

Now waiting for all other operators like Airtel, Vodafone & Idea, What will be from their sides??

Maza aayega ab

Missing
Deal Subedar
0
80
2640
33

Can BSNL or any existing dominant Provider provide services at such low rates?
As per competition act or selling products below cost price by a DOMINANT player comes under predatory pricing.
I think JIO could provide free services only because it is new player.

1795140
Moderator
3
0
20562
229
@Deal-Kwik wrote:

"@DealSeeker":http://www.desidime.com/users/209542 wrote:


Got the catch. “…After six months, customer will be migrated to one of the regular broadband plan based on the choice of the customer,” BSNL said.

But even 6 months at 249/month is unbelievable.

War between Telecom operators
Good for all customers.

Now waiting for all other operators like Airtel, Vodafone & Idea, What will be from their sides??

Maza aayega ab


Airtel will come up with Night Data Offer https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_lol.gif

Shutterstock 1013504321
Deal Subedar
2
12
2652
27
@Deal-Kwik wrote:

"@DealSeeker":http://www.desidime.com/users/209542 wrote:


Got the catch. “…After six months, customer will be migrated to one of the regular broadband plan based on the choice of the customer,” BSNL said.

But even 6 months at 249/month is unbelievable.

War between Telecom operators
Good for all customers.

Now waiting for all other operators like Airtel, Vodafone & Idea, What will be from their sides??

Maza aayega ab


Yes its True Third Person Always Get Benefited In Fighting between somebody https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_lol.gif

Aur maje lo

Img 20160829 105539
Deal Major
217
5,298
25494
181
"@Beinghuman":http://www.desidime.com/users/140980 wrote:


Airtel will come up with Night Data Offer https://cdn0.desidime.com/Placeholders/No-Image-Available.png

hahaha
true bro

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
2
150
3768
43
@[email protected] wrote:

Can BSNL or any existing dominant Provider provide services at such low rates?
As per competition act or selling products below cost price by a DOMINANT player comes under predatory pricing.
I think JIO could provide free services only because it is new player.


For BSNL cost price is real low, so this is not below their cost price https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_wink.gif . Jokes apart, this is only for new users to increase penetration and not for everyone.

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
2
150
3768
43
@blue wine wrote:

@Deal-Kwik wrote:

"@DealSeeker":http://www.desidime.com/users/209542 wrote:


Got the catch. “…After six months, customer will be migrated to one of the regular broadband plan based on the choice of the customer,” BSNL said.

But even 6 months at 249/month is unbelievable.

War between Telecom operators
Good for all customers.

Now waiting for all other operators like Airtel, Vodafone & Idea, What will be from their sides??

Maza aayega ab


Yes its True Third Person Always Get Benefited In Fighting between somebody https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_lol.gif

Aur maje lo


Did you forget how royally they have screwed us with pathetic service and high prices? This honeymoon period won’t last long and forever. https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

Missing
Deal Subedar
0
85
2316
27
@DealSeeker wrote:

300GB for 249! https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_eek.gif

There has to be some catch. https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

Guys don’t be excited they will add a lot of terms and after that it will become expensive but cheaper than jio

Thumbimgcrop 1448092580431
Deal Subedar
3
157
1328
15
@Beinghuman wrote:


@Deal-Kwik wrote:

"@DealSeeker":http://www.desidime.com/users/209542 wrote:


Got the catch. “…After six months, customer will be migrated to one of the regular broadband plan based on the choice of the customer,” BSNL said.

But even 6 months at 249/month is unbelievable.

War between Telecom operators
Good for all customers.

Now waiting for all other operators like Airtel, Vodafone & Idea, What will be from their sides??

Maza aayega ab


Airtel will come up with Night Data Offer https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_lol.gif

Night time will be 3 – 4 AM https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

Thumbimgcrop 1451848469831
Deal Cadet
1
92
734
14

Only for new users
And after 6 months , back to normal bang bang https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

Giphy2
Deal Subedar
7
407
2512
25

No Bsnl landline connection in my area https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_cry.gif

Shutterstock 1013504321
Deal Subedar
2
12
2652
27
@ranjithsai01 wrote:

@blue wine wrote:

@Deal-Kwik wrote:

"@DealSeeker":http://www.desidime.com/users/209542 wrote:


Got the catch. “…After six months, customer will be migrated to one of the regular broadband plan based on the choice of the customer,” BSNL said.

But even 6 months at 249/month is unbelievable.

War between Telecom operators
Good for all customers.

Now waiting for all other operators like Airtel, Vodafone & Idea, What will be from their sides??

Maza aayega ab


Yes its True Third Person Always Get Benefited In Fighting between somebody https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_lol.gif

Aur maje lo


Did you forget how royally they have screwed us with pathetic service and high prices? This honeymoon period won’t last long and forever. https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif


Ha Airtel ke sare piche hi pade hue the https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_lol.gif

isne customer ke maje liye ab customer airtel ke lenge
MNP chalu hone do sabse jayda airtel se hi niklenge https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_biggrin.gif

Missing
Deal Subedar
0
80
2640
33
@ranjithsai01 wrote:

@[email protected] wrote:

Can BSNL or any existing dominant Provider provide services at such low rates?
As per competition act or selling products below cost price by a DOMINANT player comes under predatory pricing.
I think JIO could provide free services only because it is new player.


For BSNL cost price is real low, so this is not below their cost price https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_wink.gif . Jokes apart, this is only for new users to increase penetration and not for everyone.


Is it low?As far as I know/googled the spectrum are reserved for bsnl/mtnl but post auction they have to match the bids by private sector nullifying any monetary advantage. Kindly rectify me in case i am wrong.

Plus the social service of last mile connectivity.

Atleast in Bihar (some of my friends employed as JTOs claimed) they are forced to run exchanges for 24 hours even though the no of connections being served is ONE and hence unviable.

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
2
150
3768
43
@[email protected] wrote:

@ranjithsai01 wrote:

@[email protected] wrote:

Can BSNL or any existing dominant Provider provide services at such low rates?
As per competition act or selling products below cost price by a DOMINANT player comes under predatory pricing.
I think JIO could provide free services only because it is new player.


For BSNL cost price is real low, so this is not below their cost price https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_wink.gif . Jokes apart, this is only for new users to increase penetration and not for everyone.


Is it low?As far as I know/googled the spectrum are reserved for bsnl/mtnl but post auction they have to match the bids by private sector nullifying any monetary advantage. Kindly rectify me in case i an wing.

Plus the ngo service of last mile connectivity.

Atleast in Bihar (some of my friends employed as JTOs claimed) they are forced to run exchanges for 24 hours even though the no of connections being served is ONE and hence unviable.


Well I am not talking about their revenue or profit model of business. The govt keeps pumping money even if it is in deep loses and that was just a sarcastic comment https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif . So what goes to spectrum price comes back as capitalization https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
2
150
3768
43
@ranjithsai01 wrote:

@[email protected] wrote:

@ranjithsai01 wrote:

@[email protected] wrote:

Can BSNL or any existing dominant Provider provide services at such low rates?
As per competition act or selling products below cost price by a DOMINANT player comes under predatory pricing.
I think JIO could provide free services only because it is new player.


For BSNL cost price is real low, so this is not below their cost price https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_wink.gif . Jokes apart, this is only for new users to increase penetration and not for everyone.


Is it low?As far as I know/googled the spectrum are reserved for bsnl/mtnl but post auction they have to match the bids by private sector nullifying any monetary advantage. Kindly rectify me in case i an wing.

Plus the ngo service of last mile connectivity.

Atleast in Bihar (some of my friends employed as JTOs claimed) they are forced to run exchanges for 24 hours even though the no of connections being served is ONE and hence unviable.


Well I am not talking about their revenue or profit model of business. The govt keeps pumping money even if it is in deep loses and that was just a sarcastic comment https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif . So what goes to spectrum price comes back as capitalization https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif


Edit- Moreover they can’t go for viability as they are the only option in many of these places and the same applies for railways. People are so vocal about privatization of railways but private players would only pick busy/profit making zones and leave the remote/loss making zones for govt to fend off.

Images
Moderator
2
214
13526
208
@hese wrote:

@dealzeal wrote:

@onedeal wrote:

@dealzeal wrote:

@onedeal wrote:

what is the total cost for setting up bsnl broadband ?

some body please reply https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_sad.gif


If you go for a new connection even installation charges for Landline is waived off. So absolutely zero set-up cost now.

wtf i can get a new bb connection for free then ?

Check with your local BSNL exchange. Most of the circles have installation charge waived off but you may need to pay security deposit.

Cool then, need one more Land line connection in Hyderabad (tarnaka region)… Any one has previous exp? ( not for domestic use)


@hese wrote:

@M.MAHI wrote:

If BSNL Brings Brings Better Pricing Plans Then No Other Operator Can Survive.

They Are Now No#1 In New Mobile Connections.
Hope They Bring Better More Plans For Big Data Eaters https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_biggrin.gif https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_lol.gif


+1
There are lot more things BSNL is good and where it can be choosen over other carriers!
Few things like Software(apps, website and offers) And also the way those government employees answer at their office Should be upgraded/improved.


Copied from Previous thread!

Missing
Deal Subedar
0
80
2640
33
@ranjithsai01 wrote:

@[email protected] wrote:

@ranjithsai01 wrote:

@[email protected] wrote:

Can BSNL or any existing dominant Provider provide services at such low rates?
As per competition act or selling products below cost price by a DOMINANT player comes under predatory pricing.
I think JIO could provide free services only because it is new player.


For BSNL cost price is real low, so this is not below their cost price https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_wink.gif . Jokes apart, this is only for new users to increase penetration and not for everyone.


Is it low?As far as I know/googled the spectrum are reserved for bsnl/mtnl but post auction they have to match the bids by private sector nullifying any monetary advantage. Kindly rectify me in case i an wing.

Plus the ngo service of last mile connectivity.

Atleast in Bihar (some of my friends employed as JTOs claimed) they are forced to run exchanges for 24 hours even though the no of connections being served is ONE and hence unviable.


Well I am not talking about their revenue or profit model of business. The govt keeps pumping money even if it is in deep loses and that was just a sarcastic comment https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif . So what goes to spectrum price comes back as capitalization https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif


Yes that particular comment was definitely sarcastic.
But I was more talking from the perspective of people complaing about poor returns from entities like bsnl (and as pointed out by u railways) , without conceding the fact stated by u in second comment

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
2
150
3768
43
@[email protected] wrote:

@ranjithsai01 wrote:

@[email protected] wrote:

@ranjithsai01 wrote:

@[email protected] wrote:

Can BSNL or any existing dominant Provider provide services at such low rates?
As per competition act or selling products below cost price by a DOMINANT player comes under predatory pricing.
I think JIO could provide free services only because it is new player.


For BSNL cost price is real low, so this is not below their cost price https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_wink.gif . Jokes apart, this is only for new users to increase penetration and not for everyone.


Is it low?As far as I know/googled the spectrum are reserved for bsnl/mtnl but post auction they have to match the bids by private sector nullifying any monetary advantage. Kindly rectify me in case i an wing.

Plus the ngo service of last mile connectivity.

Atleast in Bihar (some of my friends employed as JTOs claimed) they are forced to run exchanges for 24 hours even though the no of connections being served is ONE and hence unviable.


Well I am not talking about their revenue or profit model of business. The govt keeps pumping money even if it is in deep loses and that was just a sarcastic comment https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif . So what goes to spectrum price comes back as capitalization https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif


Yes that particular comment was definitely sarcastic.
But I was more talking from the perspective of people complaing about poor returns from entities like bsnl (and as pointed out by u railways) , without conceding the fact stated by u in second comment

Not that they are operating at full efficiency and economy which is the reason for people speaking always against them. Not many would know that the last mile connectivity can only be provided by govt without expecting any returns. Garbage in (what our media feeds us) is garbage out (by the limited info we have we come to a conclusion) https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_sad.gif

Then again they should definitely not feed the likes of Air India and such just because they have to.

Missing
Deal Newbie
0
50
86
1
@DealSeeker wrote:

300GB for 249! https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_eek.gif

There has to be some catch. https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif


There is no catch here. It is a 2mbps plan limited to 1GB and then 1 Mbps post FUP. Practically, on 1 Mbps unlimited you can download a max of 300GB/month. https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_wink.gif BSNL seems to have done a cost analysis https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

Missing
Deal Subedar
1
246
1126
13
@dealzeal wrote:

@DealSeeker wrote:

300GB for 249! https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_eek.gif

There has to be some catch. https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif


There is no catch here. It is a 2mbps plan limited to 1GB and then 1 Mbps post FUP. Practically, on 1 Mbps unlimited you can download a max of 300GB/month. https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_wink.gif BSNL seems to have done a cost analysis https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif


Oh is it, anyway the DoT/TRAI recommended that min post FUP speeds should be 2Mbps, this would’ve been implemented by 01Jan 2016 had it not been for Failtel https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_evil.gif

So here’s hoping the policy/recommendations are implemented by 2017, there’s no way telcos & ISP’s should be allowed to get away with fleecing their customers in this day & age of information overload https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_biggrin.gif

Missing
Deal Newbie
0
50
86
1
@$hubham wrote:

@dealzeal wrote:

@DealSeeker wrote:

300GB for 249! https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_eek.gif

There has to be some catch. https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif


There is no catch here. It is a 2mbps plan limited to 1GB and then 1 Mbps post FUP. Practically, on 1 Mbps unlimited you can download a max of 300GB/month. https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_wink.gif BSNL seems to have done a cost analysis https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif


Oh is it, anyway the DoT/TRAI recommended that min post FUP speeds should be 2Mbps, this would’ve been implemented by 01Jan 2016 had it not been for Failtel https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_evil.gif

So here’s hoping the policy/recommendations are implemented by 2017, there’s no way telcos & ISP’s should be allowed to get away with fleecing their customers in this day & age of information overload https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_biggrin.gif


That’s true. It should have been implemented in 2015 itself. But Failtel wanted to reduce it even further to 64 kbps. I guess they are suggesting a second-tier of FUP just like some mobile operators do – after FUP reduce to 64 kbps for next 500MB and then further reduce to 10-20 kbps so that it is unusable.

IMO minimum speed must be doubled every four years. If we take 2003 as the base year with minimum speed of 256 kbps, then it would have been 512 kbps in 2007, 1 Mbps in 2011, 2 Mbps in 2015 and 4 Mbps in 2019 – which seems a very practical limit.

Missing
Deal Subedar
1
246
1126
13
@dealzeal wrote:

That’s true. It should have been implemented in 2015 itself. But Failtel wanted to reduce it even further to 64 kbps. I guess they are suggesting a second-tier of FUP just like some mobile operators do – after FUP reduce to 64 kbps for next 500MB and then further reduce to 10-20 kbps so that it is unusable.

IMO minimum speed must be doubled every four years. If we take 2003 as the base year with minimum speed of 256 kbps, then it would have been 512 kbps in 2007, 1 Mbps in 2011, 2 Mbps in 2015 and 4 Mbps in 2019 – which seems a very practical limit.


You know I had a 2Mbps plan, with Airtel, some 3yrs back (post FUP speed of 1Mbps) now after the govt mandated 512Kbps min speeds around that time Airtel migrated me to a “higher” tier rental. So now I had to pay more because prices across the board increased, IIRC thrice that year, but they wouldn’t give me post FUP speeds of 1Mbps because they withdrew that plan. So effectively I was paying more for less, in fact my plan rental went up by 30~40% in just a year https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_evil.gif

Stupendous man
Deal Captain
0
287
8424
89

While talking of BSNL everyone forgets their pathetic CC? I will never use BSNL ever again in my life just because of their CC. I am yet to get refund or data for the last time I recharged about 4-5 months back for which I got no benefit(Rs.78 for 1GB data). And you can not go anywhere for your grievance because local offices are under local circles and these matters are beyond their reach so every time you get a ’can’t help you go f**k yourself’ from Gov babus.

Missing