Report: Google breaks up with Huawei, blocking ...

Report: Google breaks up with Huawei, blocking it from Android apps and services. Intel and Qualcomm join Huawei ban

220°
Tumblr nfaqajuvfr1tgz4rco1 500
Deal Captain
319
8112
89

A big blow to Huawei!

In a surprise bit of weekend news that could have major implications on the smartphone market, Reuters reports that “Google has suspended business with Huawei that requires the transfer of hardware, software, and technical services except those publicly available via open source licensing.”

Translation: Huawei can no longer implement a full-fledged version of Android, losing access to Google services and more. Instead, it’ll only be allowed to use the open source components of Android. That means no Google Play Store, no Gmail, no YouTube – at least not without major workarounds. This presumably affects future devices; it’s not clear what effect it will have on current ones.

More in the link below.

Source: https://thenextweb.com/insider/2019/05/20/repor...

27 Comments  |  
13 Dimers
Missing
Deal Cadet
91
221
2

So, who wants to buy Huawei? (Not Phone.. referring to their mobile phones division).

Wild guess… Amazon could lap them up, become an “American” company and Amazon gets to plug in their gap in this booming area. toungueout

Tumblr nfaqajuvfr1tgz4rco1 500
Deal Captain
319
8112
89
santosh_blr wrote:

So, who wants to buy Huawei? (Not Phone.. referring to their mobile phones division).

Wild guess… Amazon could lap them up, become an “American” company and Amazon gets to plug in their gap in this booming area. toungueout

Huawei isn’t such a small company to get scared of Goolge banning them from using Android OS (full fledged version). Rumours have been strong since a long time that they have been developing their own forked version of Android and I am sure they will start pushing it out now. Sadly, I doubt if it can ever take off well, especially in countries outside of China.

0adb54b33378ab05c450d11f8dd0c7be
Deal Subedar
153
1078
10
Expand
raghupro wrote:

Huawei isn’t such a small company to get scared of Goolge banning them from using Android OS (full fledged version). Rumours have been strong since a long time that they have been developing their own forked version of Android and I am sure they will start pushing it out now. Sadly, I doubt if it can ever take off well, especially in countries outside of China.

This is due to US ban bhai, so no US company can do bussiness with them. It is better to not blame Google everytime.

Tumblr nfaqajuvfr1tgz4rco1 500
Deal Captain
319
8112
89
Expand
igen wrote:

This is due to US ban bhai, so no US company can do bussiness with them. It is better to not blame Google everytime.

I am not blaming Google at all! For all the illicit practices Huawei keep following they need to be set in place.

Zsjpjnd
Deal Lieutenant
0
3679
56

OpenGApps are readily available for any device no? Which includes G-PlayStore, YouTube etc that you have listed..

Untitled 1
Critic
494
4250
122
161508 wrote:

OpenGApps are readily available for any device no? Which includes G-PlayStore, YouTube etc that you have listed..

Unofficial version and you can’t use them for commercial purpose.

Zsjpjnd
Deal Lieutenant
0
3679
56
Expand
Roushh wrote:

Unofficial version and you can’t use them for commercial purpose.

So.. if users want they can flash GApps but Huawei itself cannot do this.
Right?

Untitled 1
Critic
494
4250
122
Expand
161508 wrote:

So.. if users want they can flash GApps but Huawei itself cannot do this??? Right?

Yes.

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
119
6580
113

what will happen to honor phones India version rolleyes

Giphy
Deal Cadet
76
826
8

that would be rise of a new Mobile OS or maybe new competition as well, Who knows let’s baith and bhatch

Tumblr nfaqajuvfr1tgz4rco1 500
Deal Captain
319
8112
89
htzaz wrote:

that would be rise of a new Mobile OS or maybe new competition as well, Who knows let’s baith and bhatch

Apart from Android and iOS (on smartphones) no other OS could take off well till date. Yes, the companies might have the potential to develop their own OS but gaining enough traction to pull in the developer base to make apps for them will be a pain. Large giants like Palm (web-OS), Microsoft (Windows Mobile) and Blackberry (BB OS) itself couldn’t manage to do so and I am guessing it won’t be any different with Huawei either.

The best way for them is to somehow side load Google Play into their future OS updates but even then most of the latest features such as Google’s awesome personal assistant etc will be missed. With the amount of data Google has it is quite impossible for any other company to compete against Google’s assistant or predictive features being built into apps.

The only forked version of Android that is still being sustained decently is Fire OS by Amazon.

Images
Entertainer
45
34809
352

Duniya mein kitni hein nafratein,
Fir bhi dilon mein hein chahatein,
Mar bhi jaayein, Pyaar waale,
Mit bhi jaayein, Yaar waale,
Zinda rehti hein unki Mohabbatein!

Will it affect my Honor 7x data?

Cropped8790936622552152970
Deal Major
6,514
21756
257

For Huawei users’ questions regarding our steps to comply w/ the recent US government actions: We assure you while we are complying with all US gov’t requirements, services like Google Play & security from Google Play Protect will keep functioning on your existing Huawei device.
https://twitter.com/Android/status/113031384833...

Cropped8790936622552152970
Deal Major
6,514
21756
257
Expand
raghupro wrote:

Apart from Android and iOS (on smartphones) no other OS could take off well till date. Yes, the companies might have the potential to develop their own OS but gaining enough traction to pull in the developer base to make apps for them will be a pain. Large giants like Palm (web-OS), Microsoft (Windows Mobile) and Blackberry (BB OS) itself couldn’t manage to do so and I am guessing it won’t be any different with Huawei either.

The best way for them is to somehow side load Google Play into their future OS updates but even then most of the latest features such as Google’s awesome personal assistant etc will be missed. With the amount of data Google has it is quite impossible for any other company to compete against Google’s assistant or predictive features being built into apps.

The only forked version of Android that is still being sustained decently is Fire OS by Amazon.

Fire OS is a big failure, especially fire phone
The main reason Fire Phone failed is because of the OS itself
The Hardware n initial pricing was also the reason but its the OS n its limitations were the main reasons for its downfall
It survived the tablet segment only because the user-needs were different

15359988
Tech Guru
1,451
4187
133

So US corps would be losing almost half the global markets.. Dont think China wont retaliate.. Already half the planet it reorienting to a different version of equality and self respect rather than free food..

Apple has less than 10% of the market yet makes more money than the 90%..

In 1970 both india and china had same GDP and similar population.. Today china can build a 100 story apartment building in 100 days. India can build it in.. Well if the environmental agency dont get an order to tear it down.. maybe in 10 years.

Dont give a hoot about google assistant. But keep supporting imperialists and their free food like you saw in Baghdad when US troops were throwing out candy behind the vehicles they used to murder a million of them..

Cropped75770540910922727
Blogger
710
2163
55

Each break up creates newer opportunities! So, good luck to Huawei from the shakles of Android (Google) and related snooping craps.

Hope they will come up with something secure and real private from various open source projects (where Android was once).

Cropped75770540910922727
Blogger
710
2163
55
saucap wrote:

Duniya mein kitni hein nafratein,
Fir bhi dilon mein hein chahatein,
Mar bhi jaayein, Pyaar waale,
Mit bhi jaayein, Yaar waale,
Zinda rehti hein unki Mohabbatein!

Will it affect my Honor 7x data?

No!

Untitled 1
Critic
494
4250
122

Don’t panic. Nothing is going to happen. In some time, these companies will find a middle ground and will agree on new terms. That’s how usually business work.

Giphy
Deal Cadet
76
826
8
Expand
raghupro wrote:

Apart from Android and iOS (on smartphones) no other OS could take off well till date. Yes, the companies might have the potential to develop their own OS but gaining enough traction to pull in the developer base to make apps for them will be a pain. Large giants like Palm (web-OS), Microsoft (Windows Mobile) and Blackberry (BB OS) itself couldn’t manage to do so and I am guessing it won’t be any different with Huawei either.

The best way for them is to somehow side load Google Play into their future OS updates but even then most of the latest features such as Google’s awesome personal assistant etc will be missed. With the amount of data Google has it is quite impossible for any other company to compete against Google’s assistant or predictive features being built into apps.

The only forked version of Android that is still being sustained decently is Fire OS by Amazon.

future is uncertain, I agree with your words and that’s why is wrote " Who knows, let’s wait & watch".

15359988
Tech Guru
1,451
4187
133
Expand
htzaz wrote:

future is uncertain, I agree with your words and that’s why is wrote " Who knows, let’s wait & watch".

We had the CPM, sinclair, commodore, apple, microsoft, blackberry, nokia, now IOS and Android. They were all market leaders at their time. All Chinese companies will get pulled into this and they make 90% of the phones with like 50% of low mid range markets. Can apple, samsung or anyone else compete in this segment? If the Chinese stop using google then thats it for google. A few people using high end will still want google and its assistant but most of the market wont care. Alternates did not work because there was a choice before.. Just like amazon also has a nitch even though its not google.

Chinese will create java clone so most apps will work.. Specialized ones wont. If China tells samsung they cant sell google OS in china, samsung is dead.. Which is why they have their own OS but not using it in anything. Once Samsung starts moving, others will follow. Without china, google will have to depend on india to carry them..

Ever wonder why they give so much free food in india?

Giphy
Deal Cadet
76
826
8
Expand
alienteck wrote:

We had the CPM, sinclair, commodore, apple, microsoft, blackberry, nokia, now IOS and Android. They were all market leaders at their time. All Chinese companies will get pulled into this and they make 90% of the phones with like 50% of low mid range markets. Can apple, samsung or anyone else compete in this segment? If the Chinese stop using google then thats it for google. A few people using high end will still want google and its assistant but most of the market wont care. Alternates did not work because there was a choice before.. Just like amazon also has a nitch even though its not google.

Chinese will create java clone so most apps will work.. Specialized ones wont. If China tells samsung they cant sell google OS in china, samsung is dead.. Which is why they have their own OS but not using it in anything. Once Samsung starts moving, others will follow. Without china, google will have to depend on india to carry them..

Ever wonder why they give so much free food in india?

someday Google will be challenged by some great OS or other technology

15359988
Tech Guru
1,451
4187
133
Expand
htzaz wrote:

someday Google will be challenged by some great OS or other technology

google OS is linux which is now what 25 years old?

Not only that but it runs apps over java, something that is insanely slow and requires huge memory and cpu power.. and running on batteries..

No one seems to care they have to recharge their phones twice a day.. 10 year old nokias and sonys lasted an entire week with a single charge..

I felt the same way when I started using windows.. When ever I saved a file, everything stopped.. While on my commodore Amiga I could be running 4 different things and I would not even notice a slow down. The Amiga had like 16MB of RAM.. We now need 16GB to run windows.. We need insane CPU and RAM now to run anything.

Android is like putting lipstick on junk.. But even they are scared to come out with anything new because it might put people off.. IOS is based on 90’s OS which was better as its based on next.. But still require lots of ram and CPU. To run on batteries… Everyone’s now so conditioned to spend so much time looking after their phone they have forgotten what a hindrance it has become. Its like a ball and chain on your neck.

Che smiling1
Deal Subedar
191
2225
21
saucap wrote:

Duniya mein kitni hein nafratein,
Fir bhi dilon mein hein chahatein,
Mar bhi jaayein, Pyaar waale,
Mit bhi jaayein, Yaar waale,
Zinda rehti hein unki Mohabbatein!

Will it affect my Honor 7x data?

Ye gaana mujhe suit kerti hai. Tumhein nahi. Tumko to ye gaana gana chahiye

Ye gaao, Sajna hai mujhe sajna ke liye Zara uljhi laten sanwaar doon Har ang ka rang nikhaar loon Ke sajna hai mujhe sajna ke liye Sajna hai mujhe sajna ke liye Paani pade tan pe to shola nikle Jaane kaise agan me badan jale Paani pade tan pe to shola nikle Jaane kaise agan me badan jale Din bhar ki thakan utaar loon Har ang ka rang nikhaar loon Ke sajna hai mujhe sajna ke liye Sajna hai mujhe sajna ke liye Ang ang dho loon zara mal mal ke Phool si mahak uthoon main khil ke Ang ang dho loon zara mal mal ke Phool si mahak uthoon main khil ke Titli se pankh udhaar loon Har ang ka rang nikhaar loon Ke sajna hai mujhe sajna ke liye Sajna hai mujhe sajna ke liye Saj dhaj ke main zara ban than ke Baan chalaaungi nainan ke Saj dhaj ke main zara ban than ke Baan chalaaungi nainan ke Aainaa zara nihaar loon Khud apni nazar utaar loon Ke main to saj gayi re sajna ke liye Main to saj gayi re sajna ke liye wink

@saucap tum to ye gane mai busy ho. Reply to ker nahi sakti. Tummhare behalf mai kya @A2Zdeals ya @Tejaa reply karenge? Waise unke liye bhi ek combo video song hai mere paas smile

Tumblr nfaqajuvfr1tgz4rco1 500
Deal Captain
319
8112
89

More drama now from ARM – a UK based company majorly funded by a Japanese firm, Softbank.

Report: Arm Suspends Business with Huawei – Future Chip Developement In Jeopardy
https://www.anandtech.com/show/14373/report-arm...

Missing
Deal Subedar
263
1186
16
Expand
alienteck wrote:

We had the CPM, sinclair, commodore, apple, microsoft, blackberry, nokia, now IOS and Android. They were all market leaders at their time. All Chinese companies will get pulled into this and they make 90% of the phones with like 50% of low mid range markets. Can apple, samsung or anyone else compete in this segment? If the Chinese stop using google then thats it for google. A few people using high end will still want google and its assistant but most of the market wont care. Alternates did not work because there was a choice before.. Just like amazon also has a nitch even though its not google.

Chinese will create java clone so most apps will work.. Specialized ones wont. If China tells samsung they cant sell google OS in china, samsung is dead.. Which is why they have their own OS but not using it in anything. Once Samsung starts moving, others will follow. Without china, google will have to depend on india to carry them..

Ever wonder why they give so much free food in india?

You seem to have a warped view of what China can or cannot do, first of all Google is already banned in China so they don’t really need it! Then Chinese companies don’t actually make 90% of the phones, not even close! The phone market itself is contracting so that hardly matters. Amazon has a what confused

Java clone → like what? Samsung is already marginalized in China, they can do without it. Huawei also has an alternate OS, guess what they don’t intend to use it because Android is the biggest money spinner.

What free food rolleyes

Missing
Deal Subedar
263
1186
16
raghupro wrote:

More drama now from ARM – a UK based company majorly funded by a Japanese firm, Softbank.

Report: Arm Suspends Business with Huawei – Future Chip Developement In Jeopardy
https://www.anandtech.com/show/14373/report-arm...

Softbank is the owner of ARM, not just another investor. Also with their licences pulled, Huawei & their everything else (apart from phones) is virtually dead smiling_imp

Missing