[Req Info] Amazon Exchange offer

57°
Critic
enapster

Dear Dimers, Need some help from someone who has availed phone exchange offer on Amazon:

What do they check in the old phone?
Do they verify the model number? e.g. two models that look very similar e.g. S4 Mini and S5 Mini https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

I have bought phones on Exchange from Flipkart twice recently – the delivery person turns it on, checks the IMEI and looks for physical defects and leaves. Doesn’t verify if the model number is correct.

p.s. I have not tried any golmal before!

6 Comments  |  
3 Dimers
  • Sort By
Helpful Helpful
Link Copied
There’s No risk worth taking to receive reward from [email protected]
Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

I am sure the price difference is not huge with these models and its better to take such chances with Amazon.

Critic Critic
Link Copied
@goss8877 wrote:

There’s No risk worth taking to receive reward from [email protected]

https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_lol.gif https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_lol.gif
Critic Critic
Link Copied
@anilenggworks77964 wrote:

I am sure the price difference is not huge with these models and its better to take such chances with Amazon.

I have an S4 Mini in mint condition, it was my secondary phone so not used much. The exchange price is on 2722 – would have been ok if the phone was worn out… S5 mini exchange price is 4455. There is 2000 exchange bonus (S2 Plus). So no point, once they find out, they will stop the exchange bonus or Citi CB or both. Overall it will most probably be a loss for me!

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied
@enapster wrote:

I have an S4 Mini in mint condition, it was my secondary phone so not used much. The exchange price is on 2722 – would have been ok if the phone was worn out… S5 mini exchange price is 4455. There is 2000 exchange bonus (S2 Plus). So no point, once they find out, they will stop the exchange bonus or Citi CB or both. Overall it will most probably be a loss for me!

Just to tell you the truth I have tricked amazon in past/present. In the past yes they were giving cashback for bank cards just to make you aware. But now things are different they are not giving any such leverages anymore. I tried of one another trick this time and I was not given the hdfc cashback mailer.

I do have a referral account with Amazon and they have specifically blocked my particular IP’s and are not providing me referral bonuses as they have marked the order as personal. The email I received after raising this concerns was a havoc as I can’t think of even a day not ordering from Amazon.

So I don’t want all my personal/family accounts to be blocked now.

So my advice is not to play bad with Amazon.

Critic Critic
Link Copied

@enapster wrote:

Just to tell you the truth I have tricked amazon in past/present. In the past yes they were giving cashback for bank cards just to make you aware. But now things are different they are not giving any such leverages anymore. I tried of one another trick this time and I was not given the hdfc cashback mailer.

I do have a referral account with Amazon and they have specifically blocked my particular IP’s and are not providing me referral bonuses as they have marked the order as personal. The email I received after raising this concerns was a havoc as I can’t think of even a day not ordering from Amazon.

So I don’t want all my personal/family accounts to be blocked now.

So my advice is not to play bad with Amazon.

It was a random thought.. never done something like that before and let me not get carried away by greed. Thanks for all your discouragement (in a positive way).

replyuser
Click here to reply