Hot Deal

SBI CARDS IPO ( MARCH 2nd to MARCH 5th )

4934°
28% OFF 1050.0
Deal Subedar
fanboy

SBI Cards — India’s second-largest credit card firm with nearly 18 per cent market share. — will offer up to 13.71 crore equity shares with a face value of Rs 10 via offer for sale route, according to the draft red herring prospectors (DRHP). This will include up to 3.73 crore share sale by SBI and up to 9.32 crore shares by Carlyle group. (CA Rover). In addition, the company will also issue fresh equity shares of Rs 500 crore. SBI holds 76 per cent in SBI Cards and the rest is held by the Carlyle group.

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/606014/original/sbi-card-ipo.jpg?1582303043

When will SBI Cards IPO open?
The IPO will open for subscription from March 2-5. The shares will be credited to investors’ demat account on or around March 13.
What is SBI Cards shares listing date?
Shares of the company will be listed on BSE and NSE both on or around March 16, according to the red herring prospectus.
Who are book running lead managers of SBI Cards IPO?
Kotak Mahindra Capital, Axis Capital, BofA Securities, HSBC, Nomura, SBI Capital Markets are the book running lead managers to the issue.
What is the issue size of SBI Cards IPO?
The company plans to issue new shares worth Rs 500 crore and will offer up to 13.05 crore shares as offer for sale, according to the prospectus.
What are SBI Cards strengths?

Second largest credit card issuer in India with deep industry expertise and a demonstrated track record of growth and profitability
Diversified customer acquisition capabilities
Support of a strong brand and pre-eminent promoter
Diversified portfolio of credit card offerings
Advanced risk management and data analytics capabilities
Modern and scalable technology infrastructure

Overview of credit card industry
Credit card industry intends to grow 2.5 times in the next five years. Credit card spends have registered a robust growth, growing at a CAGR of 32 per cent from fiscal 2015 to fiscal 2019 to reach Rs 6 lakh crore as of fiscal 2019, and is expected to grow at a healthy rate to reach Rs 15 lakh crore as of fiscal 2024, which is 2.5 times over fiscal 2019, according to CRISIL

Price band between : 750 to 755

Expected listing gains : 40%

Expired

Deal Wiki

• Created by : admin
538 Comments  |  
112 Dimers
  • Sort By
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Vu

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied
New to ipos, how much is size of min lot to invest and how much max will it cosf?
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

12-15000 min

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Can you subscribe for IPOs in upstox??? And also what are the charges

Deal Subedar Deal Subedar
Link Copied

Yes we can apply I upstox as I applied in the last IPO.

For delivery trade it’s 0 brokrage

View 1 more reply
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Ab ipo bhi desidime me

Finance Ninja Finance Ninja
Link Copied

Ahead of IPO, SBI Cards sees fintechs, UPI as formidable competition

SBI Cards and Payment Services has stated new-age fintech-led payments mode, including Unified Payments Interface (UPI), as formidable competitors, in a filing of prospectus for its upcoming initial public offering (IPO).

Before going for an IPO, it is mandatory for a company to list out its risk factors so that the public is able to make an informed decision. In its prospectus, SBI Cards said the primary competition for the company continued to be other credit card issuers, and debit card issuers to a certain extent.

However, new players with innovative products have emerged. The credit card company has competitions from businesses that operate their own mobile wallets or extend credit to their customers and other fintech service providers.

“Mobile, e-wallet, and tokenisation platforms, including the increasingly prevalent UPI, may present formidable competition as they are able to attract large payment volumes at low or no payment processing fees to merchants,” SBI Cards said in its prospectus.

SBI Cards expects competition to intensify in future. For example, many credit card issuers have instituted rewards programmes that could be on a par or better in the eyes of the customers.

“As competitive pressures intensify, we may be required to expend additional resources to offer a more attractive value proposition to our cardholders, which could negatively impact our profit margins. In addition, although we continue to benefit from relatively high interest rates on our general purpose credit card portfolio, increasing competition may exert downward pressures on the interest rates we are able to charge our customers, which would ultimately erode our margins,” the company said.

SBI Cards’ asset quality remained largely healthy. As of December 31, the gross non-performing assets (NPAs) as percentage of gross advances was 2.47 per cent, and net NPA as percentage of net advances was 0.83 per cent.

This is a slight deterioration from the March 31, 2019, level when the gross NPA ratio was 2.44 per cent and net NPA ratio was at 0.83 per cent. In March 2018, the gross and net NPa ratios were at 2.83 per cent and 0.94 per cent respectively.

Among other things, the level of the NPAs for a card company is affected by “the general level of economic growth in India, the amount of non-performing loans written-off and our credit approval and monitoring policies.”

Other factors include a rise in unemployment, prolonged recessionary conditions, decline in household savings and income levels, a sharp and sustained rise in interest rates, etc, it said.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Thanks for revealing this risk to this stock.

Link Copied
disappointed_relieved cold_sweat innocent
Perfectionist Perfectionist
Link Copied

Offer is of Sbi ipo, but dramatically first 5-6 lines says about your referal..
Stick to topic.

And don’t mention half information about upstock. It’s not completely free. You have to pay annual AMC and other brokerage.

The Alpha The Alpha
Link Copied

any broker suggestion who dont charge for demat account ?

Like Magnet Like Magnet
Link Copied

no one

View 4 more replies
Deal Lieutenant Deal Lieutenant
Link Copied

Finvasia

Link Copied

Note : Only go for known stock brokers in the market like Major banks, full time brokers (sharekhan, edelweiss) and discount brokers (zerodha, Upstox).

Comrade Comrade
Link Copied

Can anyone tell me how to buy IPO in upstox…thanks for ur help in advance

Link Copied

Open your net banking and add your dp id by clicking ASBA option.

And apply your ipo on march 2nd

Cool Cool
Link Copied

Share market related loots, stock suggestions, ipo discussion etc are a welcome move and if it become part of desidime, may be this will be set new hight for this platform. ..so this part should also include in desidime… Don’t know how many will be agree? But can give a try for that

Link Copied

I have earlier demat in karvy.. But after disaster.. Shifted to Kotak.. Can anybody confirm how much time does it take to transfer holdings..
Also I had ncd in retail status… Will they be transferred too

Link Copied

Plz help

View 3 more replies
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

I would suggest that ppl should go for an established player like Zerodha which is a solid company and the charges are minimal. Never heard of upstox except for forums where ppl want to earn referrals. The amount is not worth the headache

Beacon Beacon
Link Copied

Zerodha is no doubt leader but upstox is not bad either. It is backed up Ratan Tata & few other well known person/ venture. I m using it since they have few thousand Customers only. They are improving day by day a lot. Till now I have faced only 1 time hang issue in upstox for around 1 hr., compare it with ur best Zerodha!!!! Last year Zerodha hanged a lot, may be they couldn’t able to handle so much load.

P. S.: I never insisted anyone here abt upstox for referral.

Link Copied

Motilal oswal has AMC of 200, with first year free (not sure)

Enquire with local office of motilal oswal

Link Copied

I have a Zerodha account…I can purchase SBI Cards IPO using Zerodha right…
Not been in shares for long Time. Always wanted to purchase IPO – Never cud, This time I am planning.

• Always hear IPO price increase one first day itself, so my plan is to sell it off soon. Atleast that’s what I think.

Tats I wat my intention and plan – Earn 20% profit or more – But there wil be some catch right- Can someone clear me.

Link Copied

Hmm That’s why IRCTC have double even after listing at 50% premium.

View 10 more replies
Helpful Helpful
Link Copied

Anyone wants refercode for upstocks ask me, I’ll guide you how to earn money in stock market, even i have earned 13k in just 3 months, i can show you proof too

Link Copied

how much is this 13k in terms of percentage?

View 2 more replies
Generous Generous
Link Copied

Go through this link if you have any questions about this IPO. The community offers answers to most of your questions regarding the IPO. Just be careful about some people who spread misinformation.

https://www.chittorgarh.com/ipo/sbi-cards-ipo...5/

Beacon Beacon
Link Copied

After reading few above comments, word of caution. New comers who don’t know anything about market don’t blindly rush to buy sbicard ipo from open market for instant 20-30% gain. Its not so easy to make money.

Link Copied

+1

Seeing the frenzy stuck_out_tongue :

View 3 more replies
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

How fast can I open a demat and invest in this IPO

Critic Critic
Link Copied

I opened zerodha acc online in half an hour(needed aadhaar otp & webcam for in-person verification). After that you need to take a printout of PoA(power of attorney,standard as per SEBI rules & needed by all brokers for trading shares on your behalf) & then sign it & courier/post it to their Bangalore office where it should be verified within 1-2 days of reaching so total 2-7 days(depending on how far are you from Bangalore & which courier service you use). You can also open trading acc in your local bank branch which should be even faster but charges will be more(still check & if you are getting within 200-300 then it is ok but remember that when you buy/sell shares in future then you will also have to pay commission which is more compared to discount brokers like zerodha).

View 1 more reply
Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

in upstock no poa required for sell also no amc for 1st year 2nd year 150 and no brokerage best for ipo
for and help for ipo pm me

Critic Critic
Link Copied

Yeah just saw,they implemented electronic delivery instruction slip via otp which does not require PoA. However just to make it clear,it does not make it more secure than PoA as karvy scam still happened.

Deal Cadet Deal Cadet
Link Copied

Everyone should also understand something that if you have been following credit cards then sbi cards has become very active only in the past few months and they never cared before because they were never interested in the business. You would find them in malls and big bazaar following people aggressively to open accounts and this is a new phenomena earlier I never saw them.

The important part is the customer service is very poor which I faced and the overall service is very poor as compared to other companies. So it needs to be seen if they improve as they are ultimatetly SBI and moreover a part of govt bank so a very laid back attitude.

Link Copied

Using it since more than 6 years .. didn’t face any issues with customer service

View 3 more replies
Link Copied

…Its going to be a Bumper Ipo and I guess it will be oversubscribed by around 120 times…so lottery….and timing suggest nifty expiry will be close to lower end…short at rise to 12350…enjoy…

Generous Generous
Link Copied

RII has almost 3200 crores worth shares on offer and with a lot size of 19 there is availability of 22L applications (Ujjivan had almost 17L total apps, IRCTC had total 14.5L apps, HDFC AMC had 23L apps). So retail has better chances of allotment.

Retail should avoid bidding for more than 1 lot as market is expecting over subscription (1.5x application wise) and with SEBI rules in case of OS then a maximum of 1lot will be alloted through lottery.

Also everyone has to remember that if you bid in retail then you can’t bid for more than 2L (13Lots) in share holder category. Also one can either bid in HNI or shareholder catergory (greater than 2L). I read that there are almost 20L SBI shareholders now, so makes less sense in bidding for SH category.

EDIT- ASBA is still a valid method for applying in this IPO

Vanguard Vanguard
Link Copied

So shareholder category has more chances of getting more than 1 lot if one applies for say 2 lakhs or so? @rsai01

Link Copied

For shareholder category it’s on pro-rata basis shares would be alloted.

View 4 more replies
Link Copied

@rogerthat Bro i have 1 sbi saving account, can i open another sbi saving a/c in different branch/city? or only 1 a/c allowed?

Critic Critic
Link Copied

If you give same pan number then their system will automatically detect you as existing customer & most probably won’t open another acc & instead give option to transfer acc.

View 6 more replies
Link Copied

so 2 different answer from 2 different people

Critic Critic
Link Copied

It depends on branch/branch manager. Some will check first & outright deny while some may proceed & central system of SBI will then merge the different account under same CIF so for all practical purposes like internet banking/mobile banking etc there is no difference even if you have accounts in different branches.

Beacon Beacon
Link Copied

Going by the GMP of roughly Rs.350 and an indicative Issue price of Rs.750 SBI Cards is likely to list at a market cap of over Rs.1 Trillion (94 cr shares X 1150). That would make it the most expensive financial services company in India at 19 times P/BV ( at FY20 EBV of Rs.60)
There are multiple triggers to suggest that this valuation can sustain but an IRCTC like performance post listing (4 months on) seems difficult as unlike IRCTC, the management of SBI Cards is leaving little on the table for investors pricing the issue at over 12X book value.
Did you know that Carlyle’s partial exit would value the U.S. buyout firm’s 26% stake at 7 times what it paid in 2017? At even a modest CAGR of 20% over FY20/25 in credit card issuance in India, SBI cards has a lot going for it, but impending risks to its business model remain.
Most people are convinced of an IRCTC like listing for SBI Cards. Of course, they are apples and oranges as far as business is concerned, one is a monopoly while the

Beacon Beacon
Link Copied

Most people are convinced of an IRCTC like listing for SBI Cards. Of course, they are apples and oranges as far as business is concerned, one is a monopoly while the other exists in a cut-throat competitive environment where the mkt leader is exponentially large and deep-pocketed
In India, the no. of debit cards at 830 mn is about 15X more than the credit cards. While a vast number of them may not be ideal credit card customers there must be a sizeable no. the banks can target. Rajnish Kumar had recently said “it is our wish to eliminate the debit cards”
Since the ratio of Credit card/Debit card is so low in India, the system implies a huge growth potential. However, within digital transactions, the share of credit cards (volume and value both) is consistently coming down from FY17 due to the arrival of UPI/Mobile wallets.
After growing at a CAGR of 23% over FY15/18, per card spend seems to have stagnated between FY18/20. Is it bcause the incremental growth is coming from younger custo

Beacon Beacon
Link Copied

As per data, 86% of SBI card issuance is to the salaried class. With a slowing economy and thus a slowing job/salary growth there could be a delinquency risk as was seen during the Lehman crisis when NPAs for SBI Cards jumped over 16%. Though after 12 yrs they are well insulated.
Being the 2nd-largest player in the Indian credit cards market with nearly 18% market share, healthy financial ratios, supported by strong parentage and most importantly the first company to list from the credit card industry would be major rationales behind solid listing gains.
To conclude, SBI Cards could well be the Superstar IPO of 2020 but at 19X BV (on listing) one has to consider the risks. Remember, even the great Bajaj Finance (not strictly comparable) is available at less than 9 times its book value with similar ROCE and ROAs as of SBI Cards.
With the latest trend of most money chasing few high-quality businesses, SBI card is a prime candidate for exponential listing gains. But be cautious.

replyuser
Click here to reply