share market

share market

62°
Missing
Deal Cadet
89
236
1

what happens if trading or demat account not closed

11 Comments  |  
5 Dimers
Missing
Deal Cadet
91
186
2

You keep paying the DMAT provider yearly money as part of AMC unless it was a life time free one.

Trading accounts shd ideally become dormant if not used for n years, but it won’t happen. It will remain active I guess. Nothing will happen IMO.

Missing
Deal Cadet
89
236
1
santosh_blr wrote:

You keep paying the DMAT provider yearly money as part of AMC unless it was a life time free one.

Trading accounts shd ideally become dormant if not used for n years, but it won’t happen. It will remain active I guess. Nothing will happen IMO.

I asked my broker he said it’s a dormat account and u have to pay 750 charges …
If I don’t pay anything could happen??

Hamster
Entertainer
103
14748
364
Expand
amritreymatt683 wrote:

I asked my broker he said it’s a dormat account and u have to pay 750 charges …
If I don’t pay anything could happen??

if you don’t have any stock in that demat you can very well forget about that account. lacs of demat accounts lay dormant and no one really cares about them. utmost they will keep sending sms and calls, just tell the person doesn’t lives anymore.

Missing
Deal Cadet
89
236
1
Expand
marketdimer wrote:

if you don’t have any stock in that demat you can very well forget about that account. lacs of demat accounts lay dormant and no one really cares about them. utmost they will keep sending sms and calls, just tell the person doesn’t lives anymore.

Ok no stocks in that so I think no problem they  can not cut money in any way??

Missing
Deal Cadet
91
186
2
Expand
amritreymatt683 wrote:

I asked my broker he said it’s a dormat account and u have to pay 750 charges …
If I don’t pay anything could happen??

DMAT or trading? Like I said a trading account does not have any charges. He shd have a means to close without paying. Atleast I haven’t heard of dormant trading accounts.

Missing
Deal Subedar
131
2154
37

@amritreymatt683 Bro, you may not be aware of powers brokers have. If you don’t use either change it to BSDA i.e Basic Service Demat Account after which you wont be charged anything on yearly basis or close it.

Come to legality:

If you keep your account inactive and don’t pay yearly charges then most brokers send legal notice through their lawyers. In past I had two demat accounts in my name. Stopped using one in 2005. After three years got a notice to either pay or face consequences. At that time it was Rs.450+S.Tax. For three years it was around Rs.1700 but demand was sent for Rs.10000.00 including late payment interest at 18% and legal charges. I didn’t replied back and went straight to company’s office in Chandigarh and in their system charges were Rs.1330 only as debit. Issued them cheque and filled closing form. Matter ended. That was a lucky escape as the person in office didn’t checked that my account was under legal action. smile

So from that day I never ever leave things idle either it be any kind of account like bank, I close when I am not going to use. Even banks have right to claim pending dues even after 10 years. stuck_out_tongue

Missing
Deal Cadet
56
188
1
chingumboy wrote:

@amritreymatt683 Bro, you may not be aware of powers brokers have. If you don’t use either change it to BSDA i.e Basic Service Demat Account after which you wont be charged anything on yearly basis or close it.

Come to legality:

If you keep your account inactive and don’t pay yearly charges then most brokers send legal notice through their lawyers. In past I had two demat accounts in my name. Stopped using one in 2005. After three years got a notice to either pay or face consequences. At that time it was Rs.450+S.Tax. For three years it was around Rs.1700 but demand was sent for Rs.10000.00 including late payment interest at 18% and legal charges. I didn’t replied back and went straight to company’s office in Chandigarh and in their system charges were Rs.1330 only as debit. Issued them cheque and filled closing form. Matter ended. That was a lucky escape as the person in office didn’t checked that my account was under legal action. smile

So from that day I never ever leave things idle either it be any kind of account like bank, I close when I am not going to use. Even banks have right to claim pending dues even after 10 years. stuck_out_tongue

Are you talking about sharekhan?
You got scared of fake legal notices.
Loads of them were sent by rcom for their stupid services.
Even i got 3 demat account. Which cant be converted to basic because acc to sebi only one account need to be opened in cust name. Sharekhan converted by 10years old account to normal one. Sending sms with 400+tax annual fees.
Problem is even if want to close in their way my signature wont match.
They want to get signature corrected and then close account. I sent them email with whomesoever notice telling that i wont be liable for any charges after this.
Let them sue me for this small amount. If it was that easy bank wont be closing dormant saving account. I never agreed to their credit services. So after the first year of non payment my account should be stopped. Yes for 400 +interest they can sue me.
Go prove in the court. Because intent is clear. You want to grab money by not closing the account. I am sending written communication via reg email to close account. You can send statement there but cant receive communication from there.
Dont get scared. They cant get a penny from you.

Hamster
Entertainer
103
14748
364
Expand
amritreymatt683 wrote:

Ok no stocks in that so I think no problem they  can not cut money in any way??

Yes they won’t. There are 2 types of brokers, one is a sub-broker and other is franchise business broker. Sub-broker doesn’t give a damn as he is just link between a big broker and himself to serve you and both share revenue on brokerage you make. Franchisee like sharekhan, religare, motilal, indiabulls etc earns from everything you do so demat charges in your name will fetch them money too. So they keep persuading you to pay, sending letters and warnings and what not. Just don’t pay heed to any. Utmost if they become very venomous, produce a fake death certificate. They can’t do anything in that case. If they tell about legal proceedings, for few thousand rs a big broker and it’s sub broker won’t waste time but franchisee might do so but then they have to bear legal expense too. So in the end no one cares.

Hamster
Entertainer
103
14748
364

Also if broker is from psu bank you can solve matter in lok adalat by paying a very nominal amount and close account. I myself paid 140 rs for 2300 odd for sbi demat in a lok adalat because I had proof of closer as email but sign didn’t match and they didn’t close it but never informed me. So when recently sms started to come I had some work in sbi main branch where this demat trading office was, they asked to come in lok adalat which was on Saturday and I was free. I was charged 5% plus gst and some charges and paid 140. I was reluctant to pay any amount and compromise started from 50%. I knew they can’t do anything and kept saying no. finally sone stamp charges, 5% and gst, account closer on spot made the deal go through. wink

Missing
Deal Cadet
56
188
1

lok adalat is also voluntary i hope you know.
It’s named that way just to scare people.

Missing
Deal Subedar
131
2154
37
Expand
jambui wrote:

Are you talking about sharekhan?
You got scared of fake legal notices.
Loads of them were sent by rcom for their stupid services.
Even i got 3 demat account. Which cant be converted to basic because acc to sebi only one account need to be opened in cust name. Sharekhan converted by 10years old account to normal one. Sending sms with 400+tax annual fees.
Problem is even if want to close in their way my signature wont match.
They want to get signature corrected and then close account. I sent them email with whomesoever notice telling that i wont be liable for any charges after this.
Let them sue me for this small amount. If it was that easy bank wont be closing dormant saving account. I never agreed to their credit services. So after the first year of non payment my account should be stopped. Yes for 400 +interest they can sue me.
Go prove in the court. Because intent is clear. You want to grab money by not closing the account. I am sending written communication via reg email to close account. You can send statement there but cant receive communication from there.
Dont get scared. They cant get a penny from you.

The notice wasn’t fake as it had got stamp of Punjab and Haryana High Court and no one can use the stamp knowing they could themselves in trouble for faking it. The demat account was of Mastermarts not Sharekhan having its head office in Ludhiana and Chandigarh branch where I opened the account sent the notice. To check whether it was genuine or not I asked my relative who also practice in Punjab and Haryana HC to confirm the name of advocate and he was also genuine. So no company can risk the use of some advocate’s name too.

Actually my charges pending were around Rs.3500+ but got due bill for only 1300+ so didn’t had any problem paying it as I used the services too for IPOs. When you made lakhs that amount was peanut. smile

My point is why live in trouble thinking nothing will happen. Just close and live peacefully.

Missing