Share your DTH plan as per TRAI new rules

Share your DTH plan as per TRAI new rules

101°
Missing
Deal Subedar
173
1211
6

Yesterday Tata sky suddenly cancelled my existing pack and started a new pack as per new TRAI rules. Earlier I was using Dhamal mix of Tata sky at around ₹240/month.

Since I came to know removing of my old pack, I am struggling to make a customised pack at around same applicable rate. There are a number of combo packages offered by both broadcasters as well as Tata sky to choose from.
Here I would like to request fellow dimers to share their current pack do that it would help people like me who are checking description of all packs to get the correct one.
Please leave your curated pack in comment along with any suggestion.

14 Comments  |  
11 Dimers
Kgf
Deal Subedar
20
1137
20

All free Kannada and English news and entertainment channels along with many unneeded regional language channels in hindi, tamil, etc which have been added in pack without my choosing. Other than that:
Zee Kannada
Colors Kannada HD
Animal Planet HD
National Geographic Wild HD
WB
Total comes to 210rs.

Not gonna subscribe to any bouquets or costly STAR channels until they reduce prices drastically.

Missing
Deal Cadet
51
361
6

My father watch news channels and used to pay 250 Rs per month. Now after new rules we are paying 215 RS (inclusive of all taxes/charges).

Untitled 1
Critic
494
4268
122

There are so many combinations available now. Listing channels here is not going to help much. It would be better to list out the channels that you watch and then select a bouquet for you.

1. Create a list of channels that you watch.
2. Download Broadcaster Bouquet List from here. https://main.trai.gov.in/sites/default/files/Bo...
3. Select the Bouquets which covers most of the channels from your list.
4. Compare if the bouquet is cheaper than the amount if you select individual channels.
5. Add remaining channels from the individual channel list.
6. Confirm.

An example for point 4. We watch Zee TV, &TV, Zee Cinema and &pictures. If I add them individually then it will cost me 52 rs. But if I select “Zee Family Pack Hindi SD” bouquet then they all will cost me 39 rs along with many other channels in that bouquet. So it’s cheaper to buy the bouquet than buying these channels individually.

Another example. If you select Aajtak from individual channel list then it will cost you 75 paise. But if you select “Hindi News Bouquet” from TV Today Network Ltd then the bouquet will cost you 50 paise. And this bouquet has only 2 channels. Aajtak + AajTakTez. Not a huge saving but it shows how bouquets save money.

Missing
Deal Subedar
270
2819
37

When you select a bouquet, it reduces the paid channel cost but increases the number of channels. For number of channels, you have to pay NCF. For 130+GST you get 100 channels out of which 26 are mandatory DD channels. So you can only select from the balance. If your channels are more than 100, for every 25 or part thereof, you have to pay 20+GST extra. So if you select 101 to 125 you have to pay 23.60 extra. For 126 to 150 you have to pay 47.20 extra and so on. Sometimes, selecting one or two individual channel instead of full bouquet may reduce the overall cost (paid channel + NCF).

46518697 2469454063095338 7352322572903514112 o
Deal Subedar
0
2119
81

My local operator has not activated my stb this month coz they haven’t visited my place for their payment…
Anyways i am going to stop using this stb now and switch onto tv box soon…

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
119
6580
113
mrKool_JJ wrote:

My local operator has not activated my stb this month coz they haven’t visited my place for their payment…
Anyways i am going to stop using this stb now and switch onto tv box soon…

u had sent them email what happ to that

Missing
Deal Cadet
141
634
17
panchabhut wrote:

When you select a bouquet, it reduces the paid channel cost but increases the number of channels. For number of channels, you have to pay NCF. For 130+GST you get 100 channels out of which 26 are mandatory DD channels. So you can only select from the balance. If your channels are more than 100, for every 25 or part thereof, you have to pay 20+GST extra. So if you select 101 to 125 you have to pay 23.60 extra. For 126 to 150 you have to pay 47.20 extra and so on. Sometimes, selecting one or two individual channel instead of full bouquet may reduce the overall cost (paid channel + NCF).

+1 @Roushh some bouquets contain a lot of useless channels incl. regional so choose wisely wink

15ec882d723737c537ed6785a9cd5f5b
Perfectionist
3,390
60554
524

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/553729/original/Screenshot_20190223-175933__01.jpg?1550925236https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/553730/original/Screenshot_20190223-175943__01.jpg?1550925251

46518697 2469454063095338 7352322572903514112 o
Deal Subedar
0
2119
81
Expand
desiman wrote:

u had sent them email what happ to that

That was only the plan which I want to choose after March..
I have to pay them first na..

Img 20190728 110145
Deal Subedar
151
2481
31
panchabhut wrote:

When you select a bouquet, it reduces the paid channel cost but increases the number of channels. For number of channels, you have to pay NCF. For 130+GST you get 100 channels out of which 26 are mandatory DD channels. So you can only select from the balance. If your channels are more than 100, for every 25 or part thereof, you have to pay 20+GST extra. So if you select 101 to 125 you have to pay 23.60 extra. For 126 to 150 you have to pay 47.20 extra and so on. Sometimes, selecting one or two individual channel instead of full bouquet may reduce the overall cost (paid channel + NCF).

How many max. FTA channels can be selected by user?
And total how many channels can be selected to avoid extra NCF?

Missing
Deal Subedar
270
2819
37
Expand
_One_Miller_ wrote:

How many max. FTA channels can be selected by user?
And total how many channels can be selected to avoid extra NCF?

NCF is linked to the total number of channels, FTA or paid does not matter. You are allowed a maximum of 74 channels (plus mandatory 26 DD channels) in the first block. After 74, NCF increases.
If you do not want any paid channels that is your choice. You can select all 74 from FTA only.

Img 20190728 110145
Deal Subedar
151
2481
31
Expand
panchabhut wrote:

NCF is linked to the total number of channels, FTA or paid does not matter. You are allowed a maximum of 74 channels (plus mandatory 26 DD channels) in the first block. After 74, NCF increases.
If you do not want any paid channels that is your choice. You can select all 74 from FTA only.

Assume I select 5-10 paid + remaining FTA and total no of channel is 100 or less(including mandatory 26DD). How much I have to pay?

Missing
Deal Subedar
270
2819
37
Expand
_One_Miller_ wrote:

Assume I select 5-10 paid + remaining FTA and total no of channel is 100 or less(including mandatory 26DD). How much I have to pay?

charges for paid channels + 130 NCF + 18% GST on total amount

Missing