[Smackdown] Oneplus 3 vs Moto Z play

[Smackdown] Oneplus 3 vs Moto Z play

Giphy 5
Deal Captain
23
802
8782
92

Which one is a better device?

Oneplus 3 or Moto Z Play ?

Dad’s Usage :

Basic smartphone use for Whatsapp/Maps/Uber/Mails/Google search and some apps only (light).
Looks should be premium
Battery life should be decent
Trouble free in usage (especially day to day calling and SMS) + lag free interface.

Go ahead, give your views and I will say :

https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/369195/medium/367180025jxfkw.jpg?1481008951

39 Comments  |  
19 Dimers
Osho
Critic
22
296
14842
227

Why do you need another phone when you the iPhone? https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

Break the bottle
Deal Captain
2
132
9294
52

Why don’t you consider Google Pixel or iPhone 7? https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

Missing
Deal Cadet
1
102
994
6

Go for one plus 3 T.

Giphy 5
Deal Captain
23
802
8782
92
@gambitrite wrote:

Why don’t you consider Google Pixel or iPhone 7? https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif


Was buying 7 plus actually but I felt like waiting for millennium edition iPhone 8.
But need to buy one now. So android upto Rs 30k it is! https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif

Osho
Critic
22
296
14842
227
@19 Female Gurgaon wrote:

@Magus wrote:

Why do you need another phone when you the iPhone? https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif


For my dad. https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_wink.gif

Heard One Plus gonna come up with their own “millennium” edition. Price: One Lakh Plus!
Wait! https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f496a494c644858325841456e77673d3d2d3332383837373331382e313438326539623462333565323037313234373433353839333532312e676966
suspended
7
115
3731
89

Moto Z play 5/5 , Superb battery

Img 20160213 075144
Deal Subedar
4
187
1468
20

Wathout watchout watchout …ooohhhh yess , the winner is

Jake
Deal Major
77
3,559
16176
181
@DealSeeker wrote:

@19 Female Gurgaon wrote:

@Magus wrote:

Why do you need another phone when you the iPhone? https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif


For my dad. https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_wink.gif

@DealSeeker @cybertechie @DaftPunk @A2Zdeals @sidbhai @no fpd


Out of the two you have mentioned, Moto Z Play is the better choice IMO. @getready Your thoughts?

Yep, Moto Z play is a better option if its for his dad https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif
Many good reviews all over, al though processor is not that powerful
I am expecting a price drop on Z PLay very soon, may be 22999 within a month or so

Jake
Deal Major
77
3,559
16176
181

@19 Female Gurgaon

Oneplus 3 will be discontinued very soon
Grey color already OOS and only few Soft gold versions available
In December Oneplus is going to launch a better version of Oneplus 3 with a price tag or 30k or more

15ec882d723737c537ed6785a9cd5f5b
Analyst
655
8,069
33191
203
@getready wrote:

@19 Female Gurgaon

Oneplus 3 will be discontinued very soon
Grey color already OOS and only few Soft gold versions available
In December Oneplus is going to launch a better version of Oneplus 3 with a price tag or 30k or more

Itna jaldi why discontinued https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_eek.gif https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_eek.gif

Missing
Deal Cadet
1
102
994
6
@getready wrote:

@19 Female Gurgaon

Oneplus 3 will be discontinued very soon
Grey color already OOS and only few Soft gold versions available
In December Oneplus is going to launch a better version of Oneplus 3 with a price tag or 30k or more

It will be called one plus 3 T

Giphy 5
Deal Captain
23
802
8782
92
@getready wrote:

@DealSeeker wrote:

@19 Female Gurgaon wrote:

@Magus wrote:

Why do you need another phone when you the iPhone? https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif


For my dad. https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_wink.gif

@DealSeeker @cybertechie @DaftPunk @A2Zdeals @sidbhai @no fpd


Out of the two you have mentioned, Moto Z Play is the better choice IMO. @getready Your thoughts?

Yep, Moto Z play is a better option if its for his dad https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif
Many good reviews all over, al though processor is not that powerful
I am expecting a price drop on Z PLay very soon, may be 22999 within a month or so


Thanks. https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif
Even I am impressed with Moto Z Play because of its positive reviews.
And if its confirmed OP3 is going down, I think Z play makes more sense + confirmed updates from Google. https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_wink.gif

@avgn Whats ur take?
Kindly tag some specialist I might have forgotten. https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_rolleyes.gif

@DealSeeker Can you please elaborate a little bit more.
https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif
Can someone please give Detailed comparison between the two depending upon my dad’s usage? Please
I am going to buy within 48 hours. https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_surprised.gif

15ec882d723737c537ed6785a9cd5f5b
Analyst
655
8,069
33191
203
@19 Female Gurgaon wrote:

@getready wrote:

@DealSeeker wrote:

@19 Female Gurgaon wrote:

@Magus wrote:

Why do you need another phone when you the iPhone? https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif


For my dad. https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_wink.gif

@DealSeeker @cybertechie @DaftPunk @A2Zdeals @sidbhai @no fpd


Out of the two you have mentioned, Moto Z Play is the better choice IMO. @getready Your thoughts?

Yep, Moto Z play is a better option if its for his dad https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif
Many good reviews all over, al though processor is not that powerful
I am expecting a price drop on Z PLay very soon, may be 22999 within a month or so


Thanks. https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif
Even I am impressed with Moto Z Play because of its positive reviews.
And if its confirmed OP3 is going down, I think Z play makes more sense + confirmed updates from Google. https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_wink.gif

@avgn Whats ur take?
Kindly tag some specialist I might have forgotten. https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_rolleyes.gif


@Stupendous Man

Jake
Deal Major
77
3,559
16176
181

@19 Female Gurgaon
Confirmed Updates from Google?
Google Sold Moto division to Lenovo like 2 years ago after the release of Nexus 6

India
Deal Major
4
96
15306
126

@19 Female Gurgaon Moto Z Play. Pure Android experience is a treat to use in moto devices. Check Geekyranjit’s review.

BTW reading SmackDown I thought it’s a wwe thread. https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

Giphy 5
Deal Captain
23
802
8782
92
@parthponkiya8 wrote:

@19 Female Gurgaon Moto Z Play. Pure Android experience is a treat to use in moto devices. Check Geekyranjit’s review.

BTW reading SmackDown I thought it’s a wwe thread. https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif


Yeah. Checked this and other similar reviews and they suggest its a fairly good device.
And it is priced cheaper in India as compared to US which is unique thing! https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

@getready yeah know that. But i thought it will still receive early updates. https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_rolleyes.gif

Dsc 0140df
Deal Subedar
4
170
1384
18

I am too confused in moto z play and one plus 3,

First, I bought moto z play, battery and performance is good, but its feels bulky with its style mod, So I sold it to my friend in same price and bought one plus 3 https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif

Tumblr n4kqg2kerk1tzsjxho3 500
Moderator
93
214
29720
791

Dont buy any of these two.

IMO Moto Z play would be worst one, if you need tension free service for Uncle jee..
I didnt hv idea about one plus

Why dont you consider SONY Samsung etc i.e. quite established one. Even though you get the specification a bit downside but you wont be disappointed.

Giphy 5
Deal Captain
23
802
8782
92
@no fpd wrote:

Dont buy any of these two.

IMO Moto Z play would be worst one, if you need tension free service for Uncle jee..
I didnt hv idea about one plus

Why dont you consider SONY Samsung etc i.e. quite established one. Even though you get the specification a bit downside but you wont be disappointed.


OMG. Thats a unique response.
I was looking for Samsung C7 Check here → http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_c7-80...hp
Going to be launched soon. Around 26k INR,

But I came across most people’s reviews that Samsung’s devices get slower with time (experience myself in Galaxy Note 3 in 2 years of usage).
So I thought of going for Moto/OP3. https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_rolleyes.gif

@chiraggyl170 U mean Moto z play is bulky when that in-the-box mod (style mod) is put on?
Can you please give what made you switch besides a buyer a zero loss over MRP? https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

Tumblr n4kqg2kerk1tzsjxho3 500
Moderator
93
214
29720
791
@19 Female Gurgaon wrote:


OMG. Thats a unique response.
I was looking for Samsung C7 Check here → http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_c7-80...hp
Going to be launched soon. Around 26k INR,


Definitely not Moto,
Specification is outstanding but performance not upto the expectation.
Even I was also thinking to buy one mobile in the same range
Finally narrowed down to what you just said,, C7

All mobiles get slowed down with time, sometimes clean up needed.
Forget about mobiles, high performance PCs also gets slow with time and needs maintenance.

Dsc 0140df
Deal Subedar
4
170
1384
18
@19 Female Gurgaon wrote:

@no fpd wrote:

Dont buy any of these two.

IMO Moto Z play would be worst one, if you need tension free service for Uncle jee..
I didnt hv idea about one plus

Why dont you consider SONY Samsung etc i.e. quite established one. Even though you get the specification a bit downside but you wont be disappointed.


OMG. Thats a unique response.
I was looking for Samsung C7 Check here → http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_c7-80...hp
Going to be launched soon. Around 26k INR,

But I came across most people’s reviews that Samsung’s devices get slower with time (experience myself in Galaxy Note 3 in 2 years of usage).
So I thought of going for Moto/OP3. https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_rolleyes.gif

@chiraggyl170 U mean Moto z play is bulky when that in-the-box mod (style mod) is put on?
Can you please give what made you switch besides a buyer a zero loss over MRP? https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif


Yup, phone becomes around 200 gms after style mod and not easy to hold because of its flat back and i had seen oneplus 3, it looks good.

But this is my personal choice, some of friends says it looks good. and for battery oneplus 3 has dash charge(1 hour to full charge) to compete with moto’s 3510 mah battery.
But In camera of op3 is good.

You can go for anyone(if weight doesn’t matter), My friend was ready to bought this, so i had changed my mind for op3, Otherwise i was good with z play too.

//i.imgur.com/6QpmFOG.jpg

//i.imgur.com/munLwuL.jpg

//i.imgur.com/BPgMK3e.jpg

Jake
Deal Major
77
3,559
16176
181
@no fpd wrote:

Dont buy any of these two.

IMO Moto Z play would be worst one, if you need tension free service for Uncle jee..
I didnt hv idea about one plus

Why dont you consider SONY Samsung etc i.e. quite established one. Even though you get the specification a bit downside but you wont be disappointed.


Sony service is worse than Oneplus / Moto
They would just offer you a replacement device instead of fixing your device at least here in India

Stupendous man
Critic
0
387
9006
96

Since you haven’t mentioned the price range…Get something like Samsung A7/A9 pro. Premium finish. Good service by Samsung. Decent performance. All metal and sleek.

HTC M-series is similar.

Tumblr n4kqg2kerk1tzsjxho3 500
Moderator
93
214
29720
791
@getready wrote:

Sony service is worse than Oneplus / Moto
They would just offer you a replacement device instead of fixing your device at least here in India


Thats true, Nobody knows that better than me being a Z2 user.
But I was talking about user satisfaction while using, my Z2 never hangs, or gets restarted.
yeah the replacement period was a real pain though
but after that I never faced a single problem.
working smoothly

Jake
Deal Major
77
3,559
16176
181

@no fpd

that depends
Xperia Z2 is the last successful sony device thanks to SD 801 may be even Z3 with similar specs
All the other devices released later had issues (Barring the recently released X/XA/XZ series, no idea)
And the hanging n slow down thing with long term use everyone mentioning is baseless. Its bound to happen with any device because of software version change like the initial software is highly stable and is particularly optimized for the device hardware. With the release of later versions of android, there has to be some compromises. Some/Most of the OEMs release Half baked software updates

Missing