Snapdeal buyers can soon get in touch with sell...

Snapdeal buyers can soon get in touch with sellers for returns

Score: 1 Votes: 3

Vote down Reasons

  • Product not good/not worth the price : 1
10646965 652473674871348 2166427431769653643 n
Deal Lieutenant
5
76
3896
109
Snapdeal buyers can soon get in touch with sellers for returns

By Shambhavi Anand, ET Bureau | Jul 30, 2016, 04.46 AM IST

NEW DELHI: Online marketplace Snapdeal will soon allow buyers to contact sellers directly if they are not happy with the product, a move aimed at reducing the high rate of merchandise returns.

A buyer will be able to send a message directly to the seller before initiating a return or cancellation.

Snapdeal said the facility will give the sellers concerned a chance to resolve the issue and avoid merchandise return in some cases.

“Buyers can now message seller before cancelling or returning an order. Sellers can reduce cancellation and returns by replying to buyer message,” the online marketplace told its sellers.

This facility, however, is optional and sellers can choose not to receive communication from buyers.

Snapdeal declined to comment on the development. While the ecommerce marketplace has communicated to the sellers about the launch of the new feature, it will convey the same to buyers in a phased manner.


https://cdn0.desidime.com/attachments/photos/287124/medium/34957741480976840_6.?1480976841

Most sellers ET spoke with said they are happy with the feature.

“We sellers are glad that Snapdeal has brought a much-needed feature. This will help us control the metrics and reduce unreasonable returns,” said a spokesperson of the All-India Online Vendors’ Association, a grouping of about 1,000 medium and large sellers on various online marketplaces. “At the same time, it will help sellers know consumer perception towards their products.”

Sellers on online marketplaces have been complaining of high rate of merchandise returns — it is as high as 50 per cent in some categories, including electronics, mobile phones, mobile accessories, apparel and jewellery.

This means high cost of reverse logistics, blocked inventory and, thereby, losses for sellers whose businesses are mostly small and medium-sized.

Sellers have also complained of irrational returns and deception, saying they, at times, receive damaged products from buyers.

To check the rising cases of returns, ecommerce companies have reduced the window during which customers can return products and made return policies more stringent.

In June, Flipkart revised its return policy by reducing the 30-day window to 10 for some categories. Snapdeal too, revised its return policy and said it will bear the cost for reverse pickup and payment collection, while packaging and shipping will be borne by the sellers.

(Source – http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/industry/se...)

8 Comments  |  
6 Dimers
Shiva
Deal Captain
65
194
10302
78

Do you think this way problems will be solved ??? https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_rolleyes.gif

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
2
276
4560
61
@Navneet wrote:

Do you think this way problems will be solved ??? https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_rolleyes.gif


It will only aggravate the problems as many sellers would decline claiming that they are not at fault. https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif

Shiva
Deal Captain
65
194
10302
78
@ranjithsai01 wrote:

@Navneet wrote:

Do you think this way problems will be solved ??? https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_rolleyes.gif


It will only aggravate the problems as many sellers would decline claiming that they are not at fault. https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif


You are right, but genuine sellers ke saath fraud buyer, abuse kar payenga https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_cool.gif

Missing
Deal Lieutenant
2
276
4560
61
@Navneet wrote:

@ranjithsai01 wrote:

@Navneet wrote:

Do you think this way problems will be solved ??? https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_rolleyes.gif


It will only aggravate the problems as many sellers would decline claiming that they are not at fault. https://cdn2.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_toungueout.gif


You are right, but genuine sellers ke saath fraud buyer, abuse kar payenga https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_cool.gif

Yes but they won’t get anything by abusing the seller, would they? Yeah they might get an account ban? https://cdn3.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_lol.gif

Avatar
Deal Subedar
0
71
1290
18

Already snapdeal support is good https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif

Break the bottle
Deal Captain
2
130
9192
52
@desibuddy wrote:

Already snapdeal support is good https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif

https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_eek.gif https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_eek.gif

Break the bottle
Deal Captain
2
130
9192
52

Simply waste of time. Snapdeal is just trying desperately to show that they are trying to improve but it’s going to be difficult. Instead of providing sellers number and if they can resolve our issues, more people would be happy

Moving picture india flag waving in wind animated gif 1
Deal Captain
4
7
12429
112
@desibuddy wrote:

Already snapdeal support is good https://cdn1.desidime.com/assets/textile-editor/icon_smile.gif


https://cdn0.desidime.com/smileys/tooth.gif

Missing