SSD green or blue

SSD green or blue

131°
Index
Deal Subedar
96
1347
37

i am searching for a SSD but confused Green or blue?
green are cheaper but are they capable to handle 12 hour continuous load daily.

please show me a path.

I am also searching for a Good Motherboard+Processor+ 8/16 GB RAM. Suggest me

Mind, i have to use adobe suite on that pc.

21 Comments  |  
11 Dimers
75pe
Deal Subedar
206
2696
29

just get a samsung ssd .

Missing
Deal Subedar
326
1177
13
Simbha3 wrote:

just get a samsung ssd .

What about wd? They are much cheaper than Samsung

Untitled 1
Critic
486
3861
113

If you need performance then don’t buy green. To make it eco friendly, they compensate it with ssd’s performance.

15359988
Tech Guru
1,451
4176
133

One has DRAM for caching data and the other is without so the data is stored on the SSD itselfl which makes it very slow when you have a lot of random small files. For loading this makes little difference.. For most things it makes little difference even when writting as you never have many small files.. All the cheap SSD’s use this configuration.. For small SSD’s the price difference is like 50% so I would just get the cheaper ones.. But larger SSD’s the price difference becomes much smaller so its better to get an SSD with DRAM caching..

Also all OS’s use caching itself.. so it never writes out hundreds of small files individually anyway.. As you can see, there specifically needs special cases where this DRAM less SSD’s hit a problem..

But it looks like you need like an I5 and 16GB RAM.. and those dont look like barebones cheap systems.. AMD is now faster than I5 but cost almost the same.. You need to spend some time reading some reviews.. No one can tell you what you need with so little info..

15359988
Tech Guru
1,451
4176
133
Expand
tony-stark wrote:

What about wd? They are much cheaper than Samsung

For similar performance they are priced the same.. Samsung dont have ultra cheap stuff.. Yea amazing aint it..

WDC for some reason seems to have followed their subsidiaries tactic of making all kinds of SSD’s from very low end to very high end.. For most of us for most uses we wont even notice the difference..

I mean I had a 5+ year old cruicial SSD which is considered very slow now.. So I got a Samsung and installed it noticed no difference.. Actually the crucial was faster since it is an MLC drive while the Samsung is a cheaper TLC drive.. The 0.0001 seconds faster speeds of the 5 year newer samsung version is noticeable only in my wallet..

On tests the crucial looked pathetic.. Everyone always giving big kudos to samsung and all that..

Its all rather pathetic..

Missing
Analyst
1
5660
161
Expand
romanreigns wrote:

thanks for your valuable reply

Green series is a tad too slow for anything but the most basic workloads. Samsung 860 Evo, WD Blue and Crucial MX500 are the SATA top dogs with Adata SU800 a bit behind. You haven’t mentioned anything about storage capacity, budget etc. If budget is really tight then amongst the DRAMless ones Silicon Power A55 ~2.5k for 256GB is the best of the bunch performance wise(Phoronix review ). Crucial MX500 250GB/500GB @ 3.2k/5.5k respectively. For heavier workloads NVMe drives are better suited.

Index
Deal Subedar
96
1347
37

Hello i i got samsung 860 evo 250 GB @ 3699. Thanks all for suggestions.

Now i am plaaning to get ryzen Series processor, motherboard and 16 GB 3000+ Mhz ram. Remember 1 thing i am taking it for designing work purpose. not for game.

Missing
Analyst
1
5660
161
romanreigns wrote:

Hello i i got samsung 860 evo 250 GB @ 3699. Thanks all for suggestions.

Now i am plaaning to get ryzen Series processor, motherboard and 16 GB 3000+ Mhz ram. Remember 1 thing i am taking it for designing work purpose. not for game.

Ryzen 3rd gen. is launching early next month. Fantastic value for money. Not only have they further increased their lead in multithreaded perf. vs Intel but reportedly the single-threaded perf. gap is all but eliminated as well. But you do need to invest in a discrete GPU. Check around whether your workloads can benefit (sometimes massively so) from GPU acceleration.

Index
Deal Subedar
96
1347
37
Expand
LIMBO wrote:

Ryzen 3rd gen. is launching early next month. Fantastic value for money. Not only have they further increased their lead in multithreaded perf. vs Intel but reportedly the single-threaded perf. gap is all but eliminated as well. But you do need to invest in a discrete GPU. Check around whether your workloads can benefit (sometimes massively so) from GPU acceleration.

Thanks will it be possible to get a third generation Ryzen processor + good AM4 mothrboard + 16 gb ram under 20K. although i can stretch it to 25k

Lord of love radha and krishna by parth27 d5gnfyw %281%29
Deal Subedar
195
2449
35
Expand
romanreigns wrote:

Thanks will it be possible to get a third generation Ryzen processor + good AM4 mothrboard + 16 gb ram under 20K. although i can stretch it to 25k

No

Missing
Analyst
1
5660
161
Expand
romanreigns wrote:

so how much i have to stretch my budget

X570 mobos are expected to be pretty expensive. B-series should be cheaper. I would say 28-30k.

Lord of love radha and krishna by parth27 d5gnfyw %281%29
Deal Subedar
195
2449
35
Expand
romanreigns wrote:

so how much i have to stretch my budget

Atleast 28k without A decent SMPS cabinet heat sink Wi-Fi card keyboard and mouse with all the above included it would be 38k

Index
Deal Subedar
96
1347
37
Expand
AnnamalaiNryaa wrote:

Atleast 28k without A decent SMPS cabinet heat sink Wi-Fi card keyboard and mouse with all the above included it would be 38k

I already have Logitech wired Mouse, and TVS Bharat cherry keyboard button and i dont need fancy things. you will be surprise i like to use gadgets connected with wire than wireless.

yes i need a good SMPS cabinet also.

Lord of love radha and krishna by parth27 d5gnfyw %281%29
Deal Subedar
195
2449
35
Expand
romanreigns wrote:

I already have Logitech wired Mouse, and TVS Bharat cherry keyboard button and i dont need fancy things. you will be surprise i like to use gadgets connected with wire than wireless.

yes i need a good SMPS cabinet also.

What is the intended use of this system

Index
Deal Subedar
96
1347
37
Expand
AnnamalaiNryaa wrote:

What is the intended use of this system

i have to login pc whole day approx 8-10 hours and do work on adobe suite & coreldraw. it may be happen i can coonect 2-3 three thin clients to it

Missing