Standard Chartered bank credit card

Standard Chartered bank credit card

123°
Missing
Deal Newbie

I am thinking of applying SCB CC. My friend is telling its waste of time as they will reject the application. His application was rejected 6 times in past 2 years what he is telling. He is giving the reason he is salaried with 20LPA and his application got rejected and there is no chance for self employed people applications on card 2 card basis getting processed. They will decline the application without even checking is what he is telling?

Is it that difficult to get an SCB CC? Can we not get it through card 2 card basis?

31 Comments  |  
15 Dimers
Missing
Deal Cadet

you can get on C2C basis, i have got one
Other option is just go shopping wearing good clothes to any lifestyle outlet
the sc sales guy will automatically catch you and make you apply for one and usually when applying for co branded cards
the income conditions are not that strict

Missing
Deal Newbie
karanoshan wrote:

you can get on C2C basis, i have got one
Other option is just go shopping wearing good clothes to any lifestyle outlet
the sc sales guy will automatically catch you and make you apply for one and usually when applying for co branded cards
the income conditions are not that strict

What documents they will ask?

Missing
Deal Subedar

we never know tomorow

kabhee be kuch b ho sakta hai

Missing
Deal Newbie

They will not ask salary slip or ITR?

Bal ganesh
Deal Lieutenant

20LPA – application rejected – funny!
SCB may not be issuing CC in your friend’s city.

Missing
Deal Newbie
caks2006407 wrote:

20LPA – application rejected – funny!
SCB may not be issuing CC in your friend’s city.

He is from Hyderabad and working in Hyderabad.

Bal ganesh
Deal Lieutenant
Expand
digitalworld wrote:

He is from Hyderabad and working in Hyderabad.

Then its a special case or he is discouraging u for a reason.
Card agents must be running behind him usually.
Only for premium cards we need to approach them.

Missing
Deal Newbie
Expand
caks2006407 wrote:

Then its a special case or he is discouraging u for a reason.
Card agents must be running behind him usually.
Only for premium cards we need to approach them.

Yes, they are running behind him but his card is not getting approved. Recently also one of the agents contacted him and he got furious on him. He even posted on complaintsboard online about this mistreatment as they are encouraging him to have the card and rejecting his application. He even asked for the reason but due to internal criteria they dint approved it is their reason.

Life is beautiful    by this is the life2905 d3553nl
Deal Cadet
Expand
digitalworld wrote:

Yes, they are running behind him but his card is not getting approved. Recently also one of the agents contacted him and he got furious on him. He even posted on complaintsboard online about this mistreatment as they are encouraging him to have the card and rejecting his application. He even asked for the reason but due to internal criteria they dint approved it is their reason.

He must be having bad cibil score or already huge existing loan his or descendent based.

Missing
Deal Subedar

OP
what is the total monthly EMI you friend is paying for his various loans and how many credit cards he is already having.

Missing
Deal Newbie
panchabhut wrote:

OP
what is the total monthly EMI you friend is paying for his various loans and how many credit cards he is already having.

He is having cards from ICICI, HDFC, Citibank, HSBC, SBI, Amex and PNB.

He is paying around 50k in EMI.

18157365 1092022577569460 9015892503473472591 n
Deal Subedar
Expand
digitalworld wrote:

20lpa having these many cards. He sure does have many greeds or gfs

Missing
Deal Cadet

SCB cards dont have any offers. why do you bother applying them ?

Missing
Deal Cadet
pentiumd wrote:

SCB cards dont have any offers. why do you bother applying them ?

+1

OP, what is the card you are looking for and what is your ITR value ?

If you have 5L+ ITR, you should try for Diners premium card .. that is a paid card but has many benefits which will cover the fees and will make you eligible for many promotions for additional offers

Missing
Deal Subedar
Expand
digitalworld wrote:

20 Lakh package.
Cash take home would be around 70% after tax, PF etc. – 14 Lakhs.
EMI commitment 6 Lakh p.a. So cash in hand for household and other general expenses, 8 Lakhs or less than 70k per month.
Already having not just one or two but seven cards, combined limit of which would be at least 6-8 Lakhs.
No wonder the application gets rejected.

Cropped1290144356389248835
Deal Cadet

SCB bank told me ,they do not issue card to self employed , Or ask me to become their premium Customer (30LAC NRV) ,then they will issue me a card . , But I don’t think their any card comparable to DCB of HDFC .

Missing
Deal Newbie
ZitOO wrote:

SCB bank told me ,they do not issue card to self employed , Or ask me to become their premium Customer (30LAC NRV) ,then they will issue me a card . , But I don’t think their any card comparable to DCB of HDFC .

But I heard they are giving CC on card 2 card basis. Isn’t it true?

Lord of love radha and krishna by parth27 d5gnfyw %281%29
Deal Subedar
ZitOO wrote:

Their ultimate card is comparable to DCB/ infinia

Missing
Deal Newbie

I am thinking of opening axcess plus savings account with SCB. Will we get any pre-approved credit card offer after 6 months if we have savings account in SCB?

5c557a286e276869038097
Deal Cadet
Expand
AnnamalaiNryaa wrote:

Their ultimate card is comparable to DCB/ infinia

No it’s not. Ultimate doesn’t even gives unlimited lounge access to primary card holder. Their reward catalog is shit, Amazon vouchers are never available. No 10X rewards like HDFC Smartbuy. Infinia and DCB are way better than SC Ultimate.

Missing
Deal Cadet
Expand
Konquerror wrote:

No it’s not. Ultimate doesn’t even gives unlimited lounge access to primary card holder. Their reward catalog is shit, Amazon vouchers are never available. No 10X rewards like HDFC Smartbuy. Infinia and DCB are way better than SC Ultimate.

I think domestic lounge access is unlimited for primary and add on card holders of Scb ultimate.

5c557a286e276869038097
Deal Cadet
Expand
watever wrote:

I think domestic lounge access is unlimited for primary and add on card holders of Scb ultimate.

No, it’s not. Quoting from their site:

The domestic lounge program under Visa provides you 4 accesses per quarter. This is complimentary for all cardholders
The domestic / international lounges under the Priority Pass program are complimentary only 1 visit per month. The qualification is customer should have spent more than INR 20,000 in the previous calendar month of the visit.

Missing
Deal Cadet
Expand
Konquerror wrote:

No, it’s not. Quoting from their site:

The domestic lounge program under Visa provides you 4 accesses per quarter. This is complimentary for all cardholders
The domestic / international lounges under the Priority Pass program are complimentary only 1 visit per month. The qualification is customer should have spent more than INR 20,000 in the previous calendar month of the visit.

I think they have not updated their website. They have discontinued issuing Ultimate card under Visa infinite. The Visa one had 4 per quarter limit but Now they only issue master card world variant and on this variant i heard that the visits are unlimited in domestic lounges. if you have this card then it would be nice to get it confirmed. The priority pass bit is same as you mentioned.

5c557a286e276869038097
Deal Cadet
Expand
watever wrote:

I think they have not updated their website. They have discontinued issuing Ultimate card under Visa infinite. The Visa one had 4 per quarter limit but Now they only issue master card world variant and on this variant i heard that the visits are unlimited in domestic lounges. if you have this card then it would be nice to get it confirmed. The priority pass bit is same as you mentioned.

Sorry, can’t confirm as I don’t have SC Ultimate. Infinia is my primary driver.

Missing
Deal Cadet
Expand
Konquerror wrote:

Sorry, can’t confirm as I don’t have SC Ultimate. Infinia is my primary driver.

That is my dream card. Currently using Regalia.

5c557a286e276869038097
Deal Cadet
Expand
watever wrote:

That is my dream card. Currently using Regalia.

I wish you get there soon.

23916748 1570964926333657 552870380987195348 o
Deal Cadet
ZitOO wrote:

I am self-employed and I have SCB card.
Applied online, card on card basis.

Missing