Starter DSLR recommendation

Starter DSLR recommendation

80°
Missing
Deal Newbie
59
25
0

Hi,

So I am getting married soon, and going to Turkey in April for a week after that.

I have been wanting to buy a camera for a long while, but never really ended up with one. I am looking for suggestions for entry level DSLR cameras.

I basically am looking for something that is easy to use, and I can gradually learn to get more advanced with it. I doubt that I will ever use for high speed photography, but something that can do well for portrait shots and good image processing is what I need.

Most reviews say the Nikon 3500 or Cannon EOS 1300D seem to be the most common starter cameras.

I know its very early but since Black Friday is 4 days (and Cyber Monday as well?) , I can keep a look out for deals, id not I can buy at new years sale, or Republic day or Valentines day sale.so no rush, but pls let me which one does should I go for and how much should it be in a sale?

15 Comments  |  
7 Dimers
2016 06 04 16.18.53
Deal Subedar
349
2636
69

I would prefer Canon, because technically they have more number lenses than Nikon. So whenever you want to learn do advanced photography, you can buy lenses according to your need. Later you can sell the body of the camera and get the new Canon Body, all the lenses will remain the same.

Buy Canon 1300D with 18-55mm and additional buy Canon 50mm 1.8 Lens (7-8K) and Sigma 70-300 DG APO Macro lens (12-14K), if you use this 3 lenses you will get better understanding about lens. Bring this lens along with you for your Turkey tour, this will help you take good pictures.

Let me know what kind of photography you are interested, i will be able to suggest you the camera and lens.

75pe
Deal Newbie
243
3073
37

Get a mirror less . Best for travel .

Missing
Deal Newbie
59
25
0
saravananbaskaran wrote:

I would prefer Canon, because technically they have more number lenses than Nikon. So whenever you want to learn do advanced photography, you can buy lenses according to your need. Later you can sell the body of the camera and get the new Canon Body, all the lenses will remain the same.

Buy Canon 1300D with 18-55mm and additional buy Canon 50mm 1.8 Lens (7-8K) and Sigma 70-300 DG APO Macro lens (12-14K), if you use this 3 lenses you will get better understanding about lens. Bring this lens along with you for your Turkey tour, this will help you take good pictures.

Let me know what kind of photography you are interested, i will be able to suggest you the camera and lens.

Thanks buddy for the reply, let me think over that and I will send over a detailed reply

Missing
Deal Newbie
59
25
0
Simbha3 wrote:

Get a mirror less . Best for travel .

Aren’t entry level mirrorless cameras much inferior to the DSLR counterparts? I don’t want to spend a lot, so mid range is not something I want to spend

Missing
Deal Subedar
270
2947
40

Instead of DSLR go for Mirrorless. They are much lighter and easier to operate for the ordinary user.
I would suggest Cannon EOS M100. Comes with 2 lens, 15-45 and 18-200, has great image stabilisation and is easy to use. You can start from full auto state and gradually shift to full manual mode. Extremely light weight and almost as light as a point and shoot when fitted with the standard lens. It even has selfie mode with bokeh effect.
Also has wifi, bluetooth and NFC and photos can be easily transferred to smartphone for sharing with others, while on the move.

Untitled 1
Critic
77
4505
132

Buy Canon 1500D or Nikon D3500. Both are good entry level DSLR cameras. But also buy a 50mm f1.8 lens.

I bought Canon 1500D during Diwali sale and it’s really a good camera to start.

Then read this… Pretty solid advice.
https://www.desidime.com/forums/dost-and-dimes/...

Missing
Deal Newbie
59
25
0
panchabhut wrote:

Instead of DSLR go for Mirrorless. They are much lighter and easier to operate for the ordinary user.
I would suggest Cannon EOS M100. Comes with 2 lens, 15-45 and 18-200, has great image stabilisation and is easy to use. You can start from full auto state and gradually shift to full manual mode. Extremely light weight and almost as light as a point and shoot when fitted with the standard lens. It even has selfie mode with bokeh effect.
Also has wifi, bluetooth and NFC and photos can be easily transferred to smartphone for sharing with others, while on the move.

Thanks, just checked that M100 with 18-200 lens is for 50k sad

Missing
Deal Subedar
270
2947
40
Expand
voda.bbservice129 wrote:

Thanks, just checked that M100 with 18-200 lens is for 50k sad

Was available for around 32k, after cashback, during prime sale and diwali sale.
Expect to get it at similar price range around 26th Jan.

Missing
suspended
50
354
3

suggestions for mirrorless or general models/brands?
and
right accessories + body/ lenses would cost about?

Missing
Deal Newbie
59
25
0
Expand
panchabhut wrote:

Was available for around 32k, after cashback, during prime sale and diwali sale.
Expect to get it at similar price range around 26th Jan.

Ohkk, just to be sure, you are talking about this?

Canon EOS M100 with EF-M 15-45 is STM and EF-M 55-200 is STM Lens Kit (Black) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07KCD6Y89/ref=cm_sw_r...

Missing
Deal Newbie
59
25
0
saravananbaskaran wrote:

I would prefer Canon, because technically they have more number lenses than Nikon. So whenever you want to learn do advanced photography, you can buy lenses according to your need. Later you can sell the body of the camera and get the new Canon Body, all the lenses will remain the same.

Buy Canon 1300D with 18-55mm and additional buy Canon 50mm 1.8 Lens (7-8K) and Sigma 70-300 DG APO Macro lens (12-14K), if you use this 3 lenses you will get better understanding about lens. Bring this lens along with you for your Turkey tour, this will help you take good pictures.

Let me know what kind of photography you are interested, i will be able to suggest you the camera and lens.

I usually take landscapes, haven’t been or travelled much around wildlife,so don’t really know. Most of the places I think I will go will also be generally more landscape oriented shooting. Generally mountains, beaches, architectural oriented. So I think the lense would something that more suited long range shots that are stills or slow moving (telephoto type?).

Planning to goto norway next October, so hopefully I can click the northern lights!! Having said that, i dont want to have a kit ready as disposal that costs a small fortune.. I want to start low, and If I build up interest, I can purchase lenses later. So a camera thats got a decent enough sensor should be fine for me.
Missing
Deal Newbie
59
25
0
Expand
panchabhut wrote:

yes

Thanks, was checking a few other ones out at as well, any thoughts on the one below?

Sony Alpha A6000Y 24.3MP Digital SLR Camera (Black) + 16-50mm Lens + 55-210mm Lens, 16GB Memory Card + Micro HDMI Cable Inside and Camera Bag https://www.amazon.in/dp/B00XOXFB1I/ref=cm_sw_r...

Images
Deal Subedar
99
1164
43

Whats the best price for canon 1300D

Untitled 1
Critic
77
4505
132
Rx27 wrote:

Whats the best price for canon 1300D

Around 20k.

Missing