Hi, I want to invest on stock market and for that I’ve decided upon mainly two brokers ie Zerodha and RKSV. Please help me out with the registration process. So Putting some questions here :
1. On Online account opening form I can see I can upload documents like pan card, aadhar card as identity and address proof. Now what kind of photo I shall upload ie the original colored photo of the pan card, Aadhar card taken by a camera or scanned xerox copy of the pan and Aadhar cards with self signature ?
Zerodha Replied : Photograph taken by a camera of the original Document should do.
2. After filling all the necessary details online there’s option for paying online. My question is if I pay online do I still need to attach a check of Rs. 300 ?
Zerodha Replied : Cancelled cheque will be still required as proof of your bank account.
3. If I pay and submit the form online Do I still need to take print out of the completed form(s) and send it along a Rs. 300 check to zerodha ?
Zerodha Replied : Yes.
My Concerns :
1. I’m concerned about the last answer I got from them. I mean If I pay online and submit the documents will they open an my account online based on the Pan and AAdhar photograph and the payable fees. But then how shall I send them the cancelled cheque. I mean I can’t just send them a cancelled cheque in an envelope without any sort of forms.
2. If a pay online and after paying will I get an option print out my completed online application so that I can take a print out of the completed form by myself and send with with only a cancelled cheque, attested xerox copies of aadhar and pan card.
It would be really helpful if someone recently opened an online account on Zerodha can help me out. Because the account opening part of Zerodha is a bit confusing. On the Knowledge base articles about account form opening they did not mention anything about online payment. They said only to attach a Rs. 300 cheque along with the form and courier it to them.
3. Do Zerodha perform any sort of IPV for account opening ? If so what;s the process. BTW, I’m from Kolkata.