Hotness Suggestion needed regarding 'Uncle-Aunt locked ...

Hot Deal Suggestion needed regarding 'Uncle-Aunt locked down at Bangalore'

338°
Missing
Deal Cadet
111
266
2

My Uncle and aunt went to Bangalore for medical treatment.
But on the day of their return lockdown started.
Now they are stuck cause of lockdown.
Any suggestion on the matter?Like, is there any way to get back?
My uncle and aunt are getting depressed and panicked as they are staying in hotel at an unknown place and they are not so advanced to tackle this kind of situation on their own.
We are from West-bengal.

28 Comments  |  
12 Dimers
Missing
Tech Guru
222
19269
189

Here in Rajasthan, you have to take permission from the Collectors office of the respective district.
They will issue a letter but only if transportation norms are relaxed for outsiders.

Missing
Community Angel
42
31590
516
Original wrote:

Here in Rajasthan, you have to take permission from the Collectors office of the respective district.
They will issue a letter but only if transportation norms are relaxed for outsiders.

Are domestic flights functional ?
AFAIK karnataka and west bengal are substantially far away to travel by a car

Missing
Deal Major
6,915
23125
280

Unless its an emergency…it will be hard to get permission
Also BLR-West Bengal means you have to cross TN-AP-Orissa borders (can avoid TN)..every state has their own rules for Inter-state crossings except emergencies (via ambulance)

Missing
Deal Major
6,915
23125
280
Expand
androgame wrote:

Are domestic flights functional ?
AFAIK karnataka and west bengal are substantially far away to travel by a car

No
Only Road Transportation

Missing
Tech Guru
222
19269
189
Expand
androgame wrote:

Are domestic flights functional ?
AFAIK karnataka and west bengal are substantially far away to travel by a car

Nope

Missing
Deal Brigadier
78,353
91023
1249

would suggest them to stay there. even if get the all the permissions but how will they travel via road rom bangalore to wb? better to stay put till 15th april n then ask them to travel by flight.
they dont need be afraid/panick when they are in bangalore. ask anyone u know to visit them physically. talk to them daily.

Missing
Deal Cadet
111
266
2

Thank’s to everyone for the valuable suggestions.
To be honest they are quite impressed by hospitality of bangalorians. smile (to be specific, in the hotel they’re staying:p )
But they are old and from semi-urban/rural area.
So you can understand their situation.
But they are quite OK.

Only one problem, hotel is only providing dinner and lunch.

They are having problem to collect foods for breakfast and other times.
will it be ok if i order from zomato/swiggy. ?

Missing
Deal Cadet
111
266
2

And can any-one inform me which delivery services are operational right now at bangalore…. like dmart/flipkart/bigbasket/amazon ? want to order some goods for them from here.

Missing
Deal Major
6,915
23125
280
ZNZ wrote:

And can any-one inform me which delivery services are operational right now at bangalore…. like dmart/flipkart/bigbasket/amazon ? want to order some goods for them from here.

Where they’re staying?
No Dmart deliveries in Bangalore
Amazon is not taking new orders yet for Pantry
Supermarket (Flipkart) also not taking new orders
Bigbasket (Haven’t checked but I guess they’re but deliveries might get delayed)

Missing
Deal Cadet
111
266
2

They are staying at Kadugodi,PIN-560067

Missing
Deal Major
6,915
23125
280
ZNZ wrote:

Thank’s to everyone for the valuable suggestions.
To be honest they are quite impressed by hospitality of bangalorians. smile (to be specific, in the hotel they’re staying:p )
But they are old and from semi-urban/rural area.
So you can understand their situation.
But they are quite OK.

Only one problem, hotel is only providing dinner and lunch.

They are having problem to collect foods for breakfast and other times.
will it be ok if i order from zomato/swiggy. ?

Should be ok
Swiggy/Zomato/eat.fit are operational here but they need to be careful while handling the packing material

Missing
Deal Major
6,915
23125
280
ZNZ wrote:

They are staying at Kadugodi,PIN-560067

It is kinda outskirts (Close to Bangalore-Kolkata highway) .. Although there aren’t many but there’s MK Retail (Kinda big 2/3 storey supermarket) close by (If they want some packaged food and some other stuff)
Not sure if eat.fit delivers there but Zomato/Swiggy should be

Missing
Deal Subedar
878
2051
15
Expand
getready wrote:

Where they’re staying?
No Dmart deliveries in Bangalore
Amazon is not taking new orders yet for Pantry
Supermarket (Flipkart) also not taking new orders
Bigbasket (Haven’t checked but I guess they’re but deliveries might get delayed)

Big basket, grofers, Swiggy, Zomato, dunzo. All are accepting orders but with very limited slots for delivery.
Ordered 5 days back from bigbasket for 1st April slot. Now all slots are full and they are not taking order. Will have to keep checking regularly as limited slots, limited stocks, limited delivery persons are available.

Missing
Deal Major
6,915
23125
280
Expand
Alexios wrote:

Big basket, grofers, Swiggy, Zomato, dunzo. All are accepting orders but with very limited slots for delivery.
Ordered 5 days back from bigbasket for 1st April slot. Now all slots are full and they are not taking order. Will have to keep checking regularly as limited slots, limited stocks, limited delivery persons are available.

No issue with Swiggy/Zomato here (Where I live)
30-45min delivery
Not worth relying on grofers/BB..some local major supermarkets are doing better job in terms of home deliveries

Missing
Deal Cadet
111
266
2

Thanks to all, once again.

Missing
Deal Subedar
878
2051
15
Expand
getready wrote:

No issue with Swiggy/Zomato here (Where I live)
30-45min delivery
Not worth relying on grofers/BB..some local major supermarkets are doing better job in terms of home deliveries

Yes same here Swiggy/Zomato/dunzo are more reliable. For local shops easyday  opens everyday just 500m away from my location.

Missing
Deal Major
6,915
23125
280
ZNZ wrote:

Thanks to all, once again.

Frying Pans are available in some supermarkets
If they source one Electric induction stove somehow..they can make food (kinda more safer) themselves (Chapathis/Dosa batter..)

Missing
Deal Brigadier
78,353
91023
1249
ZNZ wrote:

Thank’s to everyone for the valuable suggestions.
To be honest they are quite impressed by hospitality of bangalorians. smile (to be specific, in the hotel they’re staying:p )
But they are old and from semi-urban/rural area.
So you can understand their situation.
But they are quite OK.

Only one problem, hotel is only providing dinner and lunch.

They are having problem to collect foods for breakfast and other times.
will it be ok if i order from zomato/swiggy. ?

when they are able to provide lunch and dinner then y not breakfast? im sure the hotel ppl will be preparing breakfast fpr themselves. u can ask them to help them out. even if they dont then also req them. hardly takes few mins to prepare.

Missing
Deal Cadet
111
266
2

Heritage Rooms
1st cross, Flyover, opp. Central Bank, Kadugodi, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560067
https://maps.app.goo.gl/qwEgYwS6Pff...t9

It’s basically kind of a hostel.

Missing
Deal Cadet
55
441
6

Can hotel boys arrange/bring biscuits,namkeens , and other ready to eat snacks available in local grocery stores ?

Missing
Deal Captain
28
13232
152
rajrocks wrote:

would suggest them to stay there. even if get the all the permissions but how will they travel via road rom bangalore to wb? better to stay put till 15th april n then ask them to travel by flight.
they dont need be afraid/panick when they are in bangalore. ask anyone u know to visit them physically. talk to them daily.

bro lockdown will be extended further. 15th April is not the end.

Missing
Critic
373
3274
44

get hold of some hotel staff. if paid for, he will get fruits like bananas etc.

Missing
Deal Brigadier
78,353
91023
1249
Expand
Cody wrote:

bro lockdown will be extended further. 15th April is not the end.

what other options do they have apart from staying put?

Missing
Deal Cadet
111
266
2

If lockdown extends it will be very troublesome.

Missing
Deal Newbie
62
50
0
ZNZ wrote:

Heritage Rooms
1st cross, Flyover, opp. Central Bank, Kadugodi, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560067
https://maps.app.goo.gl/qwEgYwS6Pff...t9

It’s basically kind of a hostel.

The area you have mentioned is quite safe and active right now. There are so many people staying (mostly patients and their attendants) from West Bengal and Odisha, so should not be a problem for them, they should not feel lonely. Also vegetables available there and grocery shops like P K Store is nearby where groceries as well as packaged food available. They should bring a small gas stove and utensils for cooking, such things are available on rent there. There is no other ways for them right now.

Missing
Blogger
377
2989
63
getready wrote:

Unless its an emergency…it will be hard to get permission
Also BLR-West Bengal means you have to cross TN-AP-Orissa borders (can avoid TN)..every state has their own rules for Inter-state crossings except emergencies (via ambulance)

Not Orissa, it’s Odisha bhai. 🙂

Missing
Deal Subedar
26
1454
26

Its also BengaLuru then wink

Missing
Deal Cadet
111
266
2

@dimer_sam Thanks for assurance. smile

Missing